Gold stars for MLB All-Stars

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak for the rest of the all-stars on the team, but the back of Jeter's jersey this evening did not have the stars on the back.

(Edit: None for Granderson either.)

ap-201107051922697498494.jpg

The Yankees are probably "above" doing that. Pompous asses.

Good one!

I have no problem if a team with as much history as the yankees not wanting to alter their uniforms.

Can't speak for the rest of the all-stars on the team, but the back of Jeter's jersey this evening did not have the stars on the back.

(Edit: None for Granderson either.)

ap-201107051922697498494.jpg

The Yankees are probably "above" doing that. Pompous asses.

Well, that and they are the AL All Star team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lukas said this morning that LA Dodger P Clayton Kershaw took the stars off of his hat, used a blue marker to color over the residue, and asked the clubhouse attendant to take the stars off of his jersey. He'll pitch tomorrow, so we'll see about the jersey then.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I figured there would be some minor revolts, and fully expected the Yankees to be the source of one of them. It's times like these when I appreciate the Yankees and their ability to stand up to MLB. (However, I can't give them a full pass, because they've abused their normally classy unis with giant stadium farewell patches on the back of their caps, giant black blotches over their heart for George, etc.) At any rate, more teams should follow suit. These gimmicks should be rejected just as some NFL teams rejected the arbitrary C-star patch.

I believe I joked earlier in the thread about a Mike Quade All-Star Cubs cap. Unbelieveably, he was wearing one last night, as if his performance had earned him that spot. Show up to the game and enjoy the experience, but put that hat away.

I was at the Cubs-Nats game yesterday. We didn't have a good view of the Cubs dugout at all, so I can't verify if what DC in Da House w/o a Doubt is true or not. But I had a great view of Tyler Clippard running out of the bullpen, and he had 2 gold stars on either side of the MLB logo on the back of his cap, and the MLB All Star logo on the side. It actually looked way better than it did on the computer screen. I actually really like it.

25yzwqg.png

Don't have a pic, but the stars on the Cubs jerseys appeared to be mostly red with a teeenyy bit of gold in the middle. But the stars on the hat were completely gold. Any other stars on the jerseys doing something similar?

Discovered the answer to my own Q on Uni-Watch... apparently all the stars on the jerseys incorporate the team's colors, but not the one's on the hat.

Yayyy interweb!

5907086075_7a14678f01.jpg

90758391980.gif

Oh what a surprise...they change something about a uni and the entire CCSL board automatically hates it. What a shocker. Way to be open minded

Its a miniscule change at best. To be honest its not as bad as the NFL Captain's Star logo by a long shot. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about.

I absolutely hated this idea when I first read about it (here) but I'm watching the Angels game now and the stars on the back of Kendrick's jersey actually look pretty cool. It's a pretty subtle change.

The hat is another story; it just looks too busy with two big stars jammed back there.

It's a cool concept. Fix it next year by just leaving the stars on the back of the jersey.

It looks ok on the jersey

My friend tells me that New Era (or some retailers) are offering the stars for the caps at no charge. I didn't bother to remember the details because it's just felt that you can easily get from Michaels or something

Go A's!

I absolutely hated this idea when I first read about it (here) but I'm watching the Angels game now and the stars on the back of Kendrick's jersey actually look pretty cool. It's a pretty subtle change.

The hat is another story; it just looks too busy with two big stars jammed back there.

It's a cool concept. Fix it next year by just leaving the stars on the back of the jersey.

Yeah the stars on the jersey are alright, still not on board with it.

Neither was Jered Weaver who, unlike Kendrick, didn't have the jersey stars, hat stars, or ASG logo on the hat.

Another question, are these stars going to be present in the actual game on Tuesday?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived