Viking Logo

Vicious

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every time i update i get feedback that improves it. lets keep it going guys.

improved the mouth. gives it more of an angry feel.

Picture18-1.png

Thoughts?

The way you rendered the teeth looks strange to me. You have the bottom teeth extending around the jaw, giving it a sense of depth, and that seems to clash with the flat mouth.

This has been improved a lot from your first draft, but I still see some areas that could use just a little work. Looking at your close-up there, I'm seeing a lot of unneccessary detail that could be removed, yet still get the same idea across. I'm terrible at explaining this stuff so bear with me. The detail in the teeth could go, it could just be a straight line across. Very rarely will the logo be blown up big enough to see stuff like that, so it always seems more logical to me to just simplify. Another area you could simplify is the left (our left) side of his nose. The two strokes there could be combined into one. Another thing with the nose is the bottom. I think you should either have it curve straight across, or (if you want to keep the detail in the nose with the nostril, etc.) then make it more exaggerated if that makes any sense. Because IMO those small curves don't really do much. If they're gonna be there, at least make them noticeable. You could get rid of that thin gold area to the right side of the mouth. This is another example of detail that could only be seen close up, along with the eyes. Notice how small of a space there is between his pupils and his skin? You could get rid of that by making each purple eye area 2 seperate shapes, being seperated by the pupil.

It feels like I'm nitpicking at a lot of tiny little areas, but I do think simplifying this a little more (particularly the face) would help. If I explained this stuff poorly then I suppose I could give visual examples of what I mean. :D

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Don't give it horns or wings, real viking helmets had neither. I like the new snarling viking face much better, but I agree with you, there is room for even greater emphasis on the wildness aspect.

I'd say give it horns. Although real vikings didnt have horns (I think that myth was started by Haggar the Horrible or maybe earlier), common misconception is that they did, and sports branding means making a logo that peopple can relate to, not something that is necessarily historically accurate. Plus the Minnesota Viking have already embraced the horns, it's their thing, so why would they abandon it now just because?

Onto the design, the new updates are good because now the bottom chest area seems attached to the head, before it seemed unattached. But now you have that thick purple outline, which is good, but the lines on the face are much thinner. I'd suggest taking out some detail on the face or at least thicken up the lines to match the bottom hlaf of the logo. Also consider reducing the size of the chest because now the entire logo is very long top to bottom, try making it 2/3 head and 1/3 chest because now it seems strange for some reason being half and half.

i hope you don't mind, but i took the liberty of making some quick alterations to show you what i thought would improve this...

vikingl.png

i added a line around the bottom of the mouth, made the curve of the top teeth more dramatic, removed some skin color above the eyebrow on the left side of the logo and removed a pretty large stray hair on the left side of the logo - this isn't so clean because i made the changes in paint (don't have ps on my computer right now), but i think you get the idea

i would also recommend adding some purple shadow to the beard/hair to give it a bit more depth...no need to add highlights, just some more shadow

i'm still not 100% sold on the bare chest, but i can't think of how i would change that

this has got potential to be REALLY good

edit: missed the fact that you had already outlined the mouth...my bad

jldesigns404eo.png

really like what you've done so far and the direction the logo's headed in... here are some quick thoughts (I apologize if the following has been said before, but it's late and I haven't read everyone's comments):

make the eyes all white and scrap the Pac-Man eyes

give the viking some kind of armor and lose the bare chested look

I also think that it would look good if you flipped the logo horizontally, put a weapon in the viking's right arm (axe?),and either have him thrusting it into the air or being wielded across his body in the direction that he's looking.....but maybe that's just me

i like it before you put the chest definition in... looked better blank altogether.

without the muscles, your eye doesn't even go to the chest, so you don't notice that he's sorta naked. with the muscles, it's where your eyes automatically go, and that detracts, imo.

I think the logo is pretty flawless the way it is now, I would't change a thing.

Also, don't want to hi-jack your thread here but I'm a new member to the site. Been looking around for a few weeks but just decided to register yesterday. Is there a reason why I can't start my own topics?

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

I think the logo is pretty flawless the way it is now, I would't change a thing.

Also, don't want to hi-jack your thread here but I'm a new member to the site. Been looking around for a few weeks but just decided to register yesterday. Is there a reason why I can't start my own topics?

I think you need a set amount of posts first. As for the logo, I'm not a fan of the highlight on the left cheek. It's hardly noticeable and not really needed.

So I have come to the conclusion that the little triangle thing isnt going to work. if i make it shorter it conflicts with his beard.

anyway, here's what Ive got:

Picture3-1.png

Sorry for the delay, been really busy with work.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

Archived