Sign in to follow this  
raysox

Best Uniform Match Ups

You know color-on-color matchups are great when they cause me to agree with Dexter on something.

Now that Toronto and Boston are "fixed" I guess we could say any Original 6 match up.

The Habs still need a lace-up collar.

The Habs still need a lace-up collar.

Also I wish the collar on the Leafs jersey was the same color as the rest of the jersey.

Better picture of LA-Seattle

tumblr_lnw53wrGjK1qi5lumo1_500.jpg

ucla-usc.jpg

Marcus Allen's left arm looks like it's just dangling there. Looks weird.

But back on topic, Lakers yellow/Celtics green and USC/UCLA solids are at the top of this list IMO.

I don't know about others, but that image wasn't showing up for me, so I rehosted and reposted that picture. I agree, this is a pretty good combination in basketball. I don't know about other sports, though - I don't think I would like it as much in football or baseball.

tGitJ.jpg

Well, it seems to be showing up now. However, a deep purple, red, and silver combination was used by our rival, high school football team a while back. They slowly eliminated the red over time to switch to a purple and silver combination, which pretty much makes them look like the Kansas State Wildcats, but they did look surprisingly good with red in their uniforms. Pretty much imagine the Joe Ferguson era Buffalo Bills, and that's what they wore, with a generic white wolf logo, outlined in red, and on a purple shell. Very solid look.

Can't tell me this wouldn't look great in say the Winter Classic.

Dion+Phaneuf+Florida+Panthers+v+Toronto+Maple+SI0hwUKr9Qrl.jpgNicklas+Lidstrom+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Detroit+H3vrr6K511dl.jpg

sign me up for that. cant go wrong with red vs blue in any sport

Can't tell me this wouldn't look great in say the Winter Classic.

Dion+Phaneuf+Florida+Panthers+v+Toronto+Maple+SI0hwUKr9Qrl.jpgNicklas+Lidstrom+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Detroit+H3vrr6K511dl.jpg

The problem here is that the Wings and Leafs both look better in white.

I'd say the Leafs are better in white if were talking about their 3rds. Detroit's white set is vastly superior to their red.

NBA

john-salmons.jpg

NRL

Joel+Moon+Taniela+Lasalo+NRL+Rd+1+Warriors+BgVs4k7pNDxl.jpg

AFL

art_swans1-420x0.jpg

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this past season's Music City Bowl was gorgeous:

1231Music1_GDRNFOTO_85.jpg

Yes it was. Especially the end.

And I didn't notice Shaun Draughn's homemade striped sock look during the game. That looks pretty good.

^^^^^^^^

That game was the definition of a pretty uniform match-up. I was in San Francisco with some friends over New Years this past year and I was carrying a round of drinks across a busy bar when this game caught my eye from a TV set in the upper corner. I remember thinking "I bet I post something about that game one day on CCSLC". Ha!

I've always thought these rivalries were particularly striking, colour wise.

The Milan Derby

inter_ac_1000359c.jpg

Bledisloe Cup

troy-favell-can-run-but-cannot-hide-from-the-walla1.jpg