Best Uniform Match Ups

raysox

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State vs Michigan. The two uniforms are so far apart and both home uniforms have a classic look about them. I'd like OSU to roll out their red jerseys instead of a Pro Combat throwback this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

To me, and what another person posted prior, the USC v UCLA tradition of both teams wearing their home uni's has to easily be the best color matchup ever, in College Football.

After the Raiders moved to LA, and UCLA bolted to the Rose Bowl this tradition stopped for 20+ years until Pete Carroll initiated the revival of it which cost both teams a penalty (I think it was a loss of a time-out) for breaking the PAC-10 uniform code.

The one posted on page 1 shows UCLA wearing their 67 throwbacks which had those white-rounded jersey numbers, and a bit different brightness-wise as the typical gold numbers and fonts that the Bruins normally wear at home. Those were classic.

USC+v+UCLA+7l9XgkrlRZDl.jpg

Growing up in Western NY in the days before Sunday Night Football there used to be 2 classic rivalry match-ups played in the 4 pm time-slot. AKA: 'The late games' .... SF 49ers vs LA Rams, and whenever Kansas City played at Oakland and sported those red pants. The contrast, well there was nothing like it IMO.

In the pre-Arrowhead Stadium days the Chiefs used to have the Native American Indian all dressed up and riding his horse along the sidelines, that was really cool.

Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Oakland+Raiders+42jHPvRaVbEl.jpg

4b6da6a05f40cb9455ad25708a82fb8a-getty-.jpg

As much as I like the Raiders silver away numbers, they totally tweaked the black outline of the jersey numbers.

The Raiders never wore silver numbers with the black outline that thick in 1963 or 1970. I love the old logo.

Here's one below of the 'Mad Bomber' taken in 1970 .... which will always remind me of 2 things.

(1) How great they Raiders looked with silver numbers on their white road jerseys

(2) The worst trade in Buffalo Bills history :mad: ... Kemp was past it, should have kept Daryle

2618001.jpg

NHL:

The Bruins yellow uniform set was damn nice, and I never thought I'd see the Habs out of their Holy Pajamas and in throwbacks

BosWC_display_image.jpghabs-stripes1.jpg

Got a new one after tonight.

843112165f3af0c32e70b3accb0852ea-getty-118561776.jpg

I thought the summertime Halloween interleague series between the Giants and Orioles last year looked better honestly. One of the games featured both teams in their thirds, Giants orange and the Birds blacks. It was a sharp looking game.

Auburn vs. LSU

(not any particular game, just two of my favorite College football uniforms)

Auburn+v+LSU+P2AA33OeQ-nl.jpg

When you have purple uniform that can look as good as these, it might be a good idea to wear 'em at home in Baton Rouge .... ^_^

lsu_unis.jpg

lsu_in_purple-1.jpg

Archived