Which year did the Indians change their shade of navy?

Joe Kane

I'm trying to figure this out as I have an old cap with a bigger Wahoo logo and an obvious darker shade of navy. I also have a hat with the "I" in script with the dark navy as well. I also happened to think the darker shade was a lot nicer.

Thanks

I'm trying to figure this out as I have an old cap with a bigger Wahoo logo and an obvious darker shade of navy. I also have a hat with the "I" in script with the dark navy as well. I also happened to think the darker shade was a lot nicer.

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I think it was 2007 when they eliminated the silver trim. I prefer the darker navy as well.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Thanks

I want to say it changed sometime after they went to the smaller wahoo on the cap (Maybe in 2007?) but don't quote me on that. The guy you need to ask for the definitive answer is Colorwerx.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks

I know what you're saying; the shade of blue on the bigger Chief Wahoo cap is almost black, while the current shade of blue is the same is the Yankees and Red Sox, I believe.

I thought they went to a smaller Chief Wahoo in 2002? My guess is they changed the shade of blue in 2002, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

I know what you're saying; the shade of blue on the bigger Chief Wahoo cap is almost black, while the current shade of blue is the same is the Yankees and Red Sox, I believe.

I thought they went to a smaller Chief Wahoo in 2002? My guess is they changed the shade of blue in 2002, but I could be wrong.

Nah- the current shade is much lighter the the Yankees/Sox currently use. The old hats I'm fairly certain used the Yankees navy. But 2002 could be the year- I bought the cap with the script I in 2002 I think.

Thanks

Close. In 2003, they went to a slightly lighter Navy fabric/textile color. In print, it hasn't changed since 1987, but it did - in textile terms - change in 2003:

ClevelandIndiansNavy_2002_TXC_SRGB.png <---> ClevelandIndiansNavy_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Thanks

Nah- the current shade is much lighter the the Yankees/Sox currently use. The old hats I'm fairly certain used the Yankees navy. But 2002 could be the year- I bought the cap with the script I in 2002 I think.

You're right. Now that I rethink it, I believe the cap with the block C is the same shade as the Yankees and Red Sox.

Thanks

Close. In 2003, they went to a slightly lighter Navy fabric/textile color. In print, it hasn't changed since 1987, but it did - in textile terms - change in 2003:

ClevelandIndiansNavy_2002_TXC_SRGB.png <---> ClevelandIndiansNavy_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

Great- thank you! I wish they'd use the old color though....nothing better than dark navy imo.

Archived