San Jose Sharks Tweak - First try

justen

So this is my first messing around with photoshop and playing with the templates. I've come up with a rough design that i think would look better while ditching the orange and going back closer to the original colors but keeping an updated look... please let me know what you guys think.

Sharksconcept3rd.jpgSharksconceptteal.jpgSharksconceptwhite.jpg

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

I suppose my first question is: what jersey is the home and which is the third? If the teal is the third, then the difference in striping is fine, if it's the road (as I personally think it should be), the striping should be the same (with perhaps adjusted colors). I REALLY like both the white and teal jerseys, I'm not sure which striping pattern is better.

Don't forget sleeve numbers. I think your shoulders on the white and teal, and the logos on your gray are too big, putting numbers in there will make sure they're alright.

Watch the contrast on the numbers. gray is close to black and will blend together at distance, and white and gray will do the same thing.

I don't know what the NHL's official policy is with gray jerseys, but I was told that this gray jersey worn by the Hartford Wolfpack was "banned" from use because it was too light for a home jersey, but too dark for a road jersey. Then again, Milwaukee gets away with it

img6154438.jpg

so you might want to debate lightening or darkening that gray, or simply not using it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yeah, as has been said, you've got to pick a striping pattern and stick with it. Neither one is terrible, but it should be consistent.

Also, if you're going to get rid of the orange, then get rid of it everywhere ? logos included.

I kinda dig the idea of the gray jersey, though. Would be interesting to see it on the ice.

A very nice update. You've been rather thorough and made this set really work. I never thought having gray eyes on the shark would actually make it look scarier, but it does...it just looks unnatural, and therefore foreboding. I also like that you've kept the orange of the stick, because a gray hockey stick isn't really expected. Like the Steelers' red and blue, the Sabres' red eye, and the multiple colors that used to be in the predators' logo, a little bit of unused color in the logo is ok.

One last suggestion, the striping on the white looks just a bit awkward. I think you should try a black-gray-teal-gray-black like you have on the gray alternate or teal-gray-black-gray-teal which would match the numbers.

Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I usually don't comment much but the Sharks are my team so I am going to add my 2 cents. I agree with Officeglenn and say you should get rid of the orange on the fin logo. I guess the orange stick is OK. I love the use of the full body shark, I think that should be the primary logo. I don't know if I really like the dark numbers on the Home teal jersey, but overall a great start. Maybe you should try and use the fin logo on the 3rd since it's such a good logo.

The reason why I kept the triangled shark was on the 3rd you usually don't see the same logo/crest on all three jerseys. wooden sticks are some form of tan/orange/brown so I kept that. Thanks for the feedback guys

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Archived