Blue Jays 2012 look

BadSeed84

Great modernization of the classic look. Only suggestion is, as much as I love the white-front caps, they are kind of dated-looking for 2011. I would use your road cap as the primary, and save the white-front for TBTC promotions.

Great modernization of the classic look. Only suggestion is, as much as I love the white-front caps, they are kind of dated-looking for 2011. I would use your road cap as the primary, and save the white-front for TBTC promotions.

I was debating on whether to use the white panel cap or not, so yea the blue cap would be fine as well.

Logos on the front there are better left in the past with the white fronts. Jersey trim is very 80's. Plus I believe MLB rules do not allow for images of baseballs to be featured on a cap (I believe throwbacks are exempt). If they're switching, I think it's gonna be something new with retroesque looks. This is just cut and paste from past sets.

I'm not a huge fan of logos and scripts appearing on the front of a jersey, but it worked well for the Jays, so I'm willing to make an exception there. I'm not a fan of the '97 scripts. I'd rather see the Jays go with an inline version of a more modern font such as Gotham, arched in the same radial way as the original scripts. I would also use the plain blue caps with each uniform.

@McCall: How long has that rule been around? Because the Jays wore that logo on their caps with no problems for 20 years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is a fantastic concept. The only thing that I would suggest is to scrap the stirrups, as they are rarely worn these days. Solid blue socks will do the trick. However I disagree what others are saying about the white front cap, I would definetly keep it. IIRC, people loved it when the Jays had it from 2008-2010, and for more proof that they are not extinct from the MLB, thats the style that they chose for the stars and stripes hats this year

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

So you just slightly modernized their old uniforms? Not feeling it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

@McCall: How long has that rule been around? Because the Jays wore that logo on their caps with no problems for 20 years.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. The Phillies at one time had to remove the swirl from their P logo when it was on the jersey (presumably because it resembled a ball), but never had issues with it on their caps. Eventually they were able to add the swirl to the jersey as well.

Didn't the '70s Jays jerseys have that logo front and center, baseball and all? Maybe it was just an NL rule back then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. The Phillies at one time had to remove the swirl from their P logo when it was on the jersey (presumably because it resembled a ball), but never had issues with it on their caps. Eventually they were able to add the swirl to the jersey as well.

Didn't the '70s Jays jerseys have that logo front and center, baseball and all? Maybe it was just an NL rule back then.

Here's the ruling on that (according to Wikipedia, can't find anything about it in the official rule book on mlb.com)...

"No images of baseballs: No "pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball" may be used on uniforms. Notably, in apparent violation of this rule, the Toronto Blue Jays, Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Florida Marlins and Philadelphia Phillies for many years had logos that incorporated the image of a baseball. However, while the Philadelphia cap logo clearly depicted the baseball, the logo worn on the uniform jersey did not feature the image of the stylized stitching indicating the image of a baseball. The Marlins logo, while depicting a baseball, can not easily be mistaken for one, as the team's namesake fish is displayed in front of the ball design. The Toronto Blue Jays had a similar design with a Blue Jay head on the front of the ball, and this logo was even used on the center (and later left-center) of the uniform itself. The classic Brewers "ball and glove" logo (with the team's initials, MB, stylized into the shape of a blue baseball glove surrounding a ball) made a comeback in 2006 on the hats of the Brewers' Sunday home uniforms and is now the Brewers' Friday home uniform. Also, many teams such as the Giants, Nationals, Rangers and the Mariners use uniform logos that clearly depict a baseball, the New York Mets have featured uniforms with a sleeve logo that imitates the appearance of a baseball since the team's inception in 1962, so it may be that the rule is not enforced, at least for caps. (The purpose of this rule is to prevent one team from deceiving the other. The National Football League has a similar rule, which states that no pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a football)."

3535rx3.jpg

Archived