Oklahoma City Thunder Rebranding Attempt

Bunny Dojo

When I think thunder I think rain and thunderstorms. And colors that remind me of thunderstorms are greys and deep purples and deep blues. Try something with those colors...

How about yellow and grey?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the brown/beige set ... but, here in Aussie Rules, we have a "brown" team that almost goes out of its way to use other colours because the brown is so difficult to market. I can't see any team choosing brown nowadays, especially in the marketing-driven NBA.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

• 2 weeks later...

When I think thunder I think rain and thunderstorms. And colors that remind me of thunderstorms are greys and deep purples and deep blues. Try something with those colors...

That's definitely something I've been hoping to use as the basis of my choices, as much as I like some of the bison/desert-based combinations. Bringing in the deep purple is a great suggestion.

Most of the new changes have been subtle (or, rather, most of my larger attempts at changes were unsuccessful :D), but I'm pretty happy with where this has arrived. Any additional insights are always appreciated, and thanks again to everyone who has commented so far. :)

Thunder13.jpgThunder14.jpg

Thunder15.jpg

Logo attempt 1:

Thunder16.jpg

Logo attempt 2 -- I love the intersection between the text and lightning, but does it it cause everything to run together a bit too much?

Thunder17.jpg

I actually couldn't tell the difference until close examination, so my first thought would be the intersection of text and lighting doesn't matter. However, once I noticed it, I can't take my eyes off of it, so I don't think it works. LIke the first one better as far as text. The lines on the basketball are better on the second.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I like the font, but I am not crazy about the color scheme on the uniforms - it's a bit too busy for my tastes. I am way conservative when it comes to basketball uniforms - I am just not crazy about "flashiness". When I think clean and fresh-looking basketball unis I think Celtics, Bulls, early 1990s Knicks, early 1990s Bullets, and Spurs. These tend to be more timeless, rather than the faddish "busy" uniforms with many, many stripes and panels, etc.

Honestly, if they just reduced the number of colors to two or three, the current unis used by the Thunder would look much better. They also need to take the "thunder lines" out of their logo...then it would be good.

The hammer is 1000 times better now that the sides are flat. this really is a great looking concept, and this is from someone who doesn't do basketball.

to avoid looking like the Lakers, maybe toy with gray as one of the colors, a dark, stormcloud gray. Just an idea

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On the away jersey u should try using OKC like they have on their current logo instead of the Oklahoma City. Great job on the logos and uniforms tho :grin: . I'm just curious how they'd turn out with that change and i think they might look better with it.

Archived