Best Unused Logos

IceCap

We've had a couple of prototype/unused re-brand threads through the years, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to everyone's favourite logos from the world of what-could-have-been. I'll start.

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

This is the best logo the Patriots organization ever came up with, in my opinion.

So They almost went from Elvis to Belichick?

Nope. That was originally proposed in 1978, so they would've almost gone from Pat Patriot to Belichick.

spacer.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a CFL franchise granted in 1982, to play out of Halifax, but lack of a stadium, among other things, meant the franchise never really got much beyond that stage.

This logo is used by a groups from Atlantic Canada supporting a CFL franchise in the Maritimes.

I like the logo, and have used it in a custom Madden league.

schooners.png

The only hitch is that would have meant two out of 10 teams would have had a variation on the nautical-A logo.

Toronto's logo at the time:

wt9k6hwtpy6f96ljm1u9c2s2e.gif

In any case, I suspect the Halifax logo was probably a temporary job.

• 2 years later...

Lol i know, it's a total butthead move to do. I actually was googling and this thread came up. You know that moment you see something, and you just want to share it and get all giddy? That's how I got with this. It's the reason I joined this site! I was overcome by emotion, okay!

seattle-seahawks-alternate-logo-primary.

would never work on helmets or unis...still neat though.

This one is bad ass!

its not on the jerseys, but i have seen it on apparel and around Seattle. i wish Nike would have updated it when the uniforms were redone.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived