My version of the Winnipeg Jets

dcameronh

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but thats what this team is. It has the history of the Thrashers, not the history of the 1996 winnipeg jets.

That may be right on paper, but in Winnipeg, the Jets are the Jets, not a version of the Thrashers. If the Jets are really the Thrashers, that would mean the greatest Jet of all time was Ilya Kovalchuk.

Doesn't quite sound right.

The Jets have the rare luxury of having two different histories to draw from. That's what dcameronh is trying to show.

Back on-topic, switch the ice blue and the red around, use a brighter red, and you've got a winner.

that is true. Teemu selanne never played for the new Jets franchise did he? Nope. Dale Hawerchuk? Never.

Think of it like this, just because the Ford F-150 and the Lincoln Mark LT have the same body design and frame does not make them the same truck. The Ford is made for more everyday use and people, while (for some reason) the Mark LT has more luxurious features. The Old Jets are NOT the new Jets plain and simple. The entire franchise history of the old Winnipeg Jets is and always will be with the Phoenix Coyotes. Nothing can EVER change that.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32937

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Thanks guys for all the comments. I'm going on vacation in a couple of days, so I'm not sure when I will get to updating these. I will try to change up the colors a little bit like a few of you have suggested to see what I think works better. Anyways thanks so much and let me know if you think of anything else.

but thats what this team is. It has the history of the Thrashers, not the history of the 1996 winnipeg jets.

That may be right on paper, but in Winnipeg, the Jets are the Jets, not a version of the Thrashers. If the Jets are really the Thrashers, that would mean the greatest Jet of all time was Ilya Kovalchuk.

The Jets have the rare luxury of having two different histories to draw from. That's what dcameronh is trying to show.

Back on-topic, switch the ice blue and the red around, use a brighter red, and you've got a winner.

that is true. Teemu selanne never played for the new Jets franchise did he? Nope. Dale Hawerchuk? Never.

Think of it like this, just because the Ford F-150 and the Lincoln Mark LT have the same body design and frame does not make them the same truck. The Ford is made for more everyday use and people, while (for some reason) the Mark LT has more luxurious features. The Old Jets are NOT the new Jets plain and simple. The entire franchise history of the old Winnipeg Jets is and always will be with the Phoenix Coyotes. Nothing can EVER change that.

but they both played in Winnipeg. Isn't the civic pride more important than the business? Are we really getting into this again?

I like it, but I think the order-of-colors is very important. baby blue touching blue is great, baby blue touching white is great, baby blue touching red is bad. red touching blue is ok, red touching white is great. if you can figure out how to make that work well, this will be a great concept. I think you've done that effectively on the third, but the home and road still haven't hit that level.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

but they both played in Winnipeg. Isn't the civic pride more important than the business? Are we really getting into this again?

I like it, but I think the order-of-colors is very important. baby blue touching blue is great, baby blue touching white is great, baby blue touching red is bad. red touching blue is ok, red touching white is great. if you can figure out how to make that work well, this will be a great concept. I think you've done that effectively on the third, but the home and road still haven't hit that level.

No. Business is the whole reason that they moved in the first place. Lack of commitment by the owners. Here's another example. If i buy a regular coke and a coke zero, is it the same thing? No. While it is still coke, it has:

-Different looks

-Different taste

-Different ingredients

-Different Nutritional values

---------

The new jets have the same name (it's still coke) but it isn't the same team that was there before. (different taste)

My point is, while you can call them the 'Jets' and scream 'GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO!' know that they are NOT the same team that moved in 96. They never were in the WHA. They never played in Winnipeg Arena 'The Barn'. Teemu Selanne never played for them.

Braves.jpg

No. Business is the whole reason that they moved in the first place. Lack of commitment by the owners. Here's another example. If i buy a regular coke and a coke zero, is it the same thing? No. While it is still coke, it has:

-Different looks

-Different taste

-Different ingredients

-Different Nutritional values

---------

The new jets have the same name (it's still coke) but it isn't the same team that was there before. (different taste)

My point is, while you can call them the 'Jets' and scream 'GO JETS GO! GO JETS GO!' know that they are NOT the same team that moved in 96. They never were in the WHA. They never played in Winnipeg Arena 'The Barn'. Teemu Selanne never played for them.

But it's still Winnipeg's heritage. Teams represent a city, and it's still Winnipeg. It doesn't matter if it's the same team or not, it's still Winnipeg. Teemu Selanne played for Winnipeg. He played in Winnipeg. It was Winnipeg's team then and Winnipeg's team now. Nobody who cheers for Winnipeg cares that they're two different franchises, it's still an NHL team in Winnipeg. What you're talking about isn't something that people care about, it's irrelevant to the conversation.

Notice I said nothing about Jets, Thrashers or Coyotes, because it's not necessary. This team represents WINNIPEG, and that's what matters. nothing else

right, but the team name doesn't matter. An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange. Only similarity is that they are a fruit.

and I'm saying that nobody is making a fuss about the apple and orange being different because they both taste good.

right, but the team name doesn't matter. An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange. Only similarity is that they are a fruit.

and I'm saying that nobody is making a fuss about the apple and orange being different because they both taste good.

i don't understand why people find this difficult to see. It's a new team. New start. Enough said. That's it. You can go about thinking they never left but you're just a damn fool plain and simple.

Braves.jpg

i don't understand why people find this difficult to see. It's a new team. New start. Enough said. That's it. You can go about thinking they never left but you're just a damn fool plain and simple.

Nobody is saying it's the same team, I'm saying that NOBODY CARES. It's a non-issue.

However, the city does have a whole lot of hockey heritage, and they're using it. The team in Winnipeg is the Jets. Teemu Selanne played in Winnipeg. Whatever team that was on is something that NOBODY CARES ABOUT, because it was still in Winnipeg.

So I took some suggestions and made some small changes. I still think the light blue looks the best but tried to change the colors around a bit. I tried to use silver but I just thought it gets lost in the concept and does not add anything. I will try to post some options with other colors but for now here is an update with the light blue option.

Home:Jets-home-jersey-3.png

Away:Jets-away-jersey-3.png

Alternate:Jets-alt-jersey-3.png

that light blue is killing you man... i hate it. it'd look 100% better just using white. i promise... the light blue just doesnt work. you have a very nice concept and you are forcing a color on it... may as well use mustard yellow. it just doesn't work.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

that light blue is killing you man... i hate it. it'd look 100% better just using white. i promise... the light blue just doesnt work. you have a very nice concept and you are forcing a color on it... may as well use mustard yellow. it just doesn't work.

I'll second that. It works on the alternate, primarily because the light blue never touches red, but it only works there.

Idk, try a metallic gold like Team Canada did after they won olympic gold. something really subtle.

Go back to the very first one you had with the gold, and with the new shoulder logo. Everyone here is basically trying to guide you slowly back to making a jersey that's identical to what they had in the 90's.

This is not the Jets from 95, this is the 2011 Jets, they should be different.

Nobody is saying it's the same team, I'm saying that NOBODY CARES. It's a non-issue.

However, the city does have a whole lot of hockey heritage, and they're using it. The team in Winnipeg is the Jets. Teemu Selanne played in Winnipeg. Whatever team that was on is something that NOBODY CARES ABOUT, because it was still in Winnipeg.

Dear Blueland

Quit derailing.

Lee.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys thanks for your posts. I haven't been able to do an update yet as my jump drive, where I had all this saved, got corrupted but I recovered all the files last night and I should be able to do up another draft of this jersey i have been working on soon and also do one with the new logos and colors. Is there anything else I should change/add to make this better. Thanks again.

So finally I have made an update. Since the new logos & colors came out already, for those who wanted silver, I went with them and made a concept for the new jerseys. Regardless what you think of the new logos (I'm not a big fan but they are alright), let me know what you think. Thanks

Home:winnipeg-jets-home.png

Away:winnipeg-jets-away.png

Alternate:winnipeg-jets-alternate.png

Archived