NFL 2011 jersey color games

gothedistance

With the lockout potentially having games canceled in 2011 we may never know what jerseys were worn for a particular game because of that. Hopefully there won't be any games missed.

The 2011 season is coming up. Lets take a stab at what the teams will wear in games this season. If news about what a team will wear to their games is announced, feel free to post it.

Here are my guesses.

White at home games

Jets - Against the Cowboys and Jaguars

Sidenote: The Jets wore white for their last two home openers starting in the Rex Ryan era. The Cowboys game will be at night. NYJ wore white against the Ravens which was also a night game. So the Jets may be in white despite whether the game is during the daytime or night time. Moreover, the Cowboys could likely be put in their rarely worn road blue jersey. Especially after a year of being absent.

Patriots - Against Chargers

Sidenote: New England has worn white for their last two home openers that were played during the daytime.

Dolphins - All games except against the night game against the Patriots

Texans - Against the Colts

Sidenote: Will the Texans wear white for other early home games like they did in past seasons? Or will they wear their dark blue jersey more often like they did with the 2010 season?

Titans - Against Ravens (TEN will have a new head coach, so this could go either way)

Ravens - Against Steelers

Chargers - Against Vikings and Chiefs

Eagles - Against Giants and 49ers

Bears - Against Falcons

Sidenote: Chicago has worn white for their home opener during the Lovie Smith era. During that time the exceptions were the 2004, 2008, and 2009 season.

Buccaneers - Against Lions, Falcons, Saints, and Bears (If the London game gets moved back to Tampa)

Saints - Against Bears, Texans, and Colts

Panthers - Against Packers, Jaguars, and Saints

Sidenote - Carolina has worn their black jersey for home games for at least for 4 games a season while since the alternate light blue jersey was introduced in 2002. In the meantime, when Carolina doesn't use their blue alternates for a road game, they reserve its use for a home game. Where may be one less white at home game.

Cowboys - All games except for the usual Thanksgiving game

Alternates

Cowboys - Throwbacks with white helmet and shoulders against Dolphins

Chargers - Alternate Powder Blue against Raiders and Ravens

Bengals - Orange alternate against Bills and... I don't know about any of the other games.

Sidenote: Cincinnati has worn their alternate orange for home games in a game against a team that is a same place finisher as the Bengals from another division from the previous season.

Indianapolis - White throwbacks w/ blue helmet against one of the AFC North teams; Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore. I guess if they wear their throwbacks for their home games it technically also falls under as a white at home game.

Sidenote: The Colts wore their 1955 throwbacks in 2010 against teams (49ers and Eagles) that existed during the time that this throwback is based on.

Ravens - Black alternate against Jets

Steelers - Throwbacks with yellow helmet in 2 of the following games. Against Titans, Jaguars, Patriots, Ravens, or Browns

Broncos - Orange alternate in 2 of the following games. Against Bengals, Chargers, Jets, Bears, or Patriots

Eagles - Black alternate against Patriots

Sidenote: Since the 2006 season, Philadelphia has only worn their black jersey for one game and for their last home game in November.

Bears - Orange alternate against either the Vikings or Lions

Lions - Throwbacks against Packers

Those are my guesses. How about you?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bills will wear blue-over-white at home and white-over-white on the road, other than when they play in Dallas. Whether we see the mysterious blue pants remains to be seen.

By rule, the Bears can't wear any alt other than the throwbacks for the next four years. The orange jerseys are gone for at least a while. I really liked the look of the orange. The jerseys were very sharp. However, the Bears look so great in their other uniforms that it wasn't right to deviate from that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

By rule, the Bears can't wear any alt other than the throwbacks for the next four years. The orange jerseys are gone for at least a while. I really liked the look of the orange. The jerseys were very sharp. However, the Bears look so great in their other uniforms that it wasn't right to deviate from that.

nope. orange this year, no throwbacks. its been officially announced. rule doesnt apply because it was an anniversary throwback, i believe

The Bears have announced that they're going back to the orange alt over the throwback?

Great! They looked nice on the field.

fantasy_u_hester_300.jpg

That was a question. I'm not confirming that, I'm asking for a confirmation. Notice the question mark. But I agree with you on something; they do look nice on the field.

EDIT: Thanks, The Fixer. Good move Bears. Orange alt FTW!

25yzwqg.png

I like da BEARS orange alternates, and their throwback with the orange numbers from last season. Either way it's a can't-miss.

Dallas' 1960-1963 throwbacks with the shadowless star on the white helmets with navy jersey and white pants are among one of my favorite throwbacks league-wide.

On Thankgiving Day, we very well might see the DOLPHINS in Orange jerseys while Dallas wear their navy throwbacks .... no clash there ....

What about the EAGLES, they can't wear their 1960 Kelly Greens as they wore against the PACKERS last season? Sure beats yet another black jersey as an alt ...

Also ... the FALCONS were left out ... I expect to see them in their '66 throwbacks again this season, I haven't heard otherwise, has anyone?

09000d5d81a7bd00_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81a7bd04_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81b04c6c_gallery_600.jpg

I left out a lot of other teams as well. Like the Vikings and others.

I don't think the Dolphins will wear orange in Dallas. I remember someone around here has said to me that the only time when there are two colored jersey games are when the game is a throwback game.

Philly's throwbacks last year is probably a one season thing like the throwbacks they wore in 2007 against the Lions.

Has anyone caught the news about the Rams wearing their throwbacks against the Saints? Heard that was decided by fan voting too.

I have ... RAMS are wearing their '99 uniforms Week 7 vs SAINTS just as you stated.

Haven't heard anything about the JETS and those Richard Todd uniforms.

If the BROWNS wear their away whites this season for all home games, that would mean we won't see their brown jerseys in 2011 judging from who they play on the road this season.

I like Falcons 1966 throwbacks. But best uniform currently in the league? There are other teams who I like more/better.

If the Browns do go back to wearing white for homes doesn't that mean they are doing what they used to do?

As for road games that could have them wearing brown. The Browns have the Texans on their schedule right? At what point in the season does Cleveland play at Houston? Then I also gave that sidenote about the Colts 1955 throwbacks.

I know this has been said many times around these parts, but can SOME team, ANY team...PLEASE bring ACTUAL kelly green back? This color is SORELY missing in the landscape of pro sports, especially as a primary uniform color.

/rant

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know this has been said many times around these parts, but can SOME team, ANY team...PLEASE bring ACTUAL kelly green back? This color is SORELY missing in the landscape of pro sports, especially as a primary uniform color.

/rant

Seconded. What, its pretty much just the Celtics these day, right? Who am I forgeting?

Archived