Minnesota Twins concept

McCall

Here's a concept I did for the Twins based off of the new road script. It's just a standardization of the wordmarks. Personally, I really love the actual new Twins mark and did a concept with a matching Minnesota mark. But this is just an idea to make a home to go with the roads, which I returned the pinstripes to. I also did an update M cap just for the heck of it.

MinnesotaTwinsNew2011.gif

Let me know what ya think. Or don't.

I like the look of it. My only complaints are: pinstripes don't look too great with those solid navy unis, IMO. Also, that 'M' update had me thinking Brewers right away. It's not the same, but it's similar in both angle and style.

Brewers.gif

Nice. Love the home jersey/script. I think road pinstripes lasted too long in Minnesota, though this would have been an improvement over the previous road jersey. The alts look great.

I am not fond of the "M" cap...but I never liked the previous one either. Never liked the little underline.

In Minnesota, I'd say it's a given that the "TC" is here to stay. I'd say a great update would be making both letters red, with a white outline (to make it more readable. That would make this a great concept.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's the wordmarks and numbers in red.

MinnesotaTwinsNew2011red.gif

Again, the 'M' cap was just done for the hell of it. No one's gonna hurt my feelings if they don't like it.

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot to update the "Twins" mark on the alt. At first I had the 'w' connect to the 'i' at the top, but it looked too much like an 'r' and looks like it spelled out "Turns", so I re-did it to have it connect lower on the 'i', which is kinda like the throwback script.

I like the twins modern script, but I love all of these, love the creams, love the grays, love your avatar gif (where did you get that, that is awesome on so many levels)....

The unification of all of their jerseys was much needed..

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

This looks very excellent. When they unveiled the script "Minnesota" for their actual uniforms, I was disappointed, but you brought the "Twins" script right with it. And I'm very happy you brought back the road pinstripes.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I say ditch the pinstripes on the road jerseys, and as much as a like cream jerseys, it would be interesting to see the home duds in plain white. Also, I agree that the red scripts are better than the blue scripts.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I like the return of pinstripes to the road. They're just not the Twins without road pinstripes to me. Also helps distinguish them a little from the Indians.

I would also rather see the Indians use only red scripts and the Twins use only blue scripts (well, except for the blue alternates). There's no need for two same-division teams to look that similar. It's bad enough they have the same color scheme, the least they can do is try to embrace different colors.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Red scripts > navy scripts.

This is a good concept, McCall. I'd like to see more from you.

I appreciate the comment, but the way it's worded makes it feel like you're my boss and I submitted this for your approval. :)

Well, didn't you submit it for other people to approve it? B)

25yzwqg.png

Red scripts < navy scripts.

Fixed. As much as I am opposed to road pinstripes, I really like your first road jersey with the blue. For the home, I think the red looks a little bright on the cream jersey...the cream is retro while the red script is modern.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Maybe you could see what a red alternate vest would look like. And a red TC cap. That would look pretty dang sharp, IMO.

Great job on these.

Colored vests don't look very good IMO.

What about a red jersey. No vest. I just think it would look so good to have some type of red alternate.

Untitled.png

Here's what I think they should have done with the actual route they took, with the updated 'Twins' mark but script 'Minnesota'. Home is basically what they actually have, but the road is what they should be with the pinstripes. I also made the 'Minnesota' alt white lettering to tie back to their first navy alt with the white block lettering 'Minnesota'. I'll do a red alt later if anybody's interested in seeing it.

MinnesotaTwinsNewest2011.gif

Although I'm a big fan of scripted words on jerseys... Minnesota is an exception, somehow I like their road uniforms from 2000(or late 1990's?)-2009. With the word "MINNESOTA" arched on the front of their jerseys... much like the Tribe did during the 80's.

Archived