MLF My Fictional Football League

hugevolsfan

Its been so long since I posted that my other thread died.

I feel my skills are better so I believe I can finish the project this time.

This league was my NFL when I was 10-13 years old playing with my GI Joes.

I would make up names for the players & teams.

When I was teenager I drew helmets for some of the teams.

In the last couple of years I have tried to create the teams with Photoshop.

This league is set up like the NFL with 8 divisions & American & National Conferences.

I will take my time with the teams & give history of the teams like how they got there name & successful they are.

For now here is the league & conference logos please C & C

MLFLogo.png

NationalConference.png

AmericanConference-1.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm digging the logos, although they are quite similar to the NFL. I'm sure that's what you were going for, though.

And when I first saw the post the first thing I read was MILF...could be good or bad happy.gif.

Yes I was going for professional feel to the league logos. Also something that a league would choose that represented the entire country of the US.

The Baltimore Bombers!

History:

The year was 1948 when Baltimore began play. At the time they were simply named the Baltimore Athletics Football Club.

In 1950, owner Jim Lawrence picked Bombers as the team name because of the B-26 Marauder plane used in World War 2 that was produced in Baltimore.

The Baltimore franchise has been struggling for over 50 years after winning three MLF Championships in the 51', 56', & 57' seasons.

Hope has begun for the franchise since head coach Vic Roman arrived in 2006.

The team drafted franshise RB Warren Davis in that same year.

And the signing of free agent veteran QB Brett Sullivan & electric WR Mark Toney in 2008 have also helped.

2011 season could be the year Baltimore gets back to the Championship.

Here are the teams current logos & uniforms.

HomeUniformUpdate.png

AwayUniformUpdate.png

AltUniformUpdate.png

MLF looks a lot like MILF at first glance. Just sayin

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I would recommend that you establish consistency in the striping. The helmet and pants are mismatched. Clean that up and it would look good. Either make them the same stripe, or if you keep the double stripe on the helmet, make sure each of the double stripes echos the pants stripe.

I would recommend that you establish consistency in the striping. The helmet and pants are mismatched. Clean that up and it would look good. Either make them the same stripe, or if you keep the double stripe on the helmet, make sure each of the double stripes echos the pants stripe.

I agree, everything is really nice, except for the striping inconsistencies. I think what you have on the pants matches the thick bold lines width of the logos, but hte helmet striping is thin and doesnt match as well.

One more thing I just noticed, all the jerseys are listed as home jerseys. Im sure it is just something you accidnetally overlooked.

I love fantasy leagues with their own histories...

The Bombers look great, just like before. I really dig that number font, professional sports need to go with vintage-looking fonts more often.

Great restart of your league I have always been a fan. That font was my first custom font which I did not have the first go around.

I will change the striping & repost. I thought something was off just could not pinpoint. Thanks for all the comments.

MLF looks a lot like MILF at first glance. Just sayin

To be honest I had no idea what your talking about. Till I looked MILF up...

Hey....there's nothing wrong with a MLF....lol,.....but seriously, this speaks to me more than you can imagine....when I was little, I had a fictional "Arena Baseball" League, I'm still afraid to post though since the thought of "Arena Baseball" is strange, but I look forward to the rest of this series. Good job

Welcome back. I haven't seen you post here in a while. As for the league and conference logos, they remind me a lot of the NFL and more specifically, the NFL Network. However, I do like them, so if that's what you were going for then you did a good job. As for the Baltimore Bombers logos, I really like them all, but I'll miss the wing pattern on the pants, as I liked that over the current pants stripe you have going on here. My only real complaint is the numbers, the slanted serifs really make the 2 and 9 look weird, more than unique, and for some reason they remind me too much of the Broncos. I would imagine a team named the "Bombers" would be better suited to use Hustle Monolith or Serpentine Slanted.

Archived