MLF My Fictional Football League

hugevolsfan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back. I haven't seen you post here in a while. As for the league and conference logos, they remind me a lot of the NFL and more specifically, the NFL Network. However, I do like them, so if that's what you were going for then you did a good job. As for the Baltimore Bombers logos, I really like them all, but I'll miss the wing pattern on the pants, as I liked that over the current pants stripe you have going on here. My only real complaint is the numbers, the slanted serifs really make the 2 and 9 look weird, more than unique, and for some reason they remind me too much of the Broncos. I would imagine a team named the "Bombers" would be better suited to use Hustle Monolith or Serpentine Slanted.

I changed the pant stripe as I just did not feel it would be something a team would actually use but I don't know. The Broncos font did come to mind when I created this font. I like the 2 but the 9 always gave me trouble. I tried to get the numbers to match the script. I do like the font types you mentioned but am very happy with font I have now.

I am VERY excited about this thread!!!!

Your league and conference logos look great to me... some said they have a 70's feel which I agree with and is part of the reason I like them so much.

The Bombers are sharp. Clean and not to busy, it looks very professional. Plus I am a total sucker for "white-out" away unis.

Also thank you for giving a short history of the team. It makes you feel really conected to the team and the league.

Keep up the great work man, and I hope we get to see all 32 teams!

I am VERY excited about this thread!!!!

Your league and conference logos look great to me... some said they have a 70's feel which I agree with and is part of the reason I like them so much.

The Bombers are sharp. Clean and not to busy, it looks very professional. Plus I am a total sucker for "white-out" away unis.

Also thank you for giving a short history of the team. It makes you feel really conected to the team and the league.

Keep up the great work man, and I hope we get to see all 32 teams!

Thanks for the comments.

I was not trying to make my league logos look like the NFL or have a 70's feel but look like they are timeless pro sports league logo.

You will find all of my uniforms to be the opposite of busy but when trying to do 32 teams I will have to step out of my box to make them realistic.

I am glad you like the history I was hoping it would not be thought of as weird.

I am going to try my best to finish I have several logos done but when your skills develop you keep trying to improve them or at least I do.

Up next will be The Dallas Marshals.

The Dallas Marshals!

History:

In 1960 Major League Football started to expand & John "Tex" Livingston II received the bid for a franchise for Dallas.

He started out calling his team the Dallas Texans but could not because a Dallas business man had already trademarked the name to be used in football.

He decided to brand his team the Marshals because he was a fan of western movies & the name fit the star badge he had in mind for a logo.

Dallas competed in 4 of the first 6 MLF Championships of the millinium & winning three of them with Hall of Fame QB Ron Pawlawski at the helm.

After the retirement of Pawlawski in 2005 head coach Dick Harris was hoping for the same success in replacing Pawlawski that he had in replacing All-Pro RB Tyronne White with RB Nick Thomas in 2004.

To replace Pawlawski, Harris turned to 2nd year QB Jake Miller to guide the powerful offence with the likes of TE Dan Magnum, the aforementioned RB Thomas, WR Tyrell Simmons & who many consider the best T in the league Ervin Alston.

The results have not been what Dallas fans expect. Even with a defence that lines up All-Pro DE Ezra Ebe, DT DeMarr Ford, & CB Malik Taylor the Marshals have yet to win a playloff game

The 2011 season will be a make or break year for Miller & this team.

Here are the current logos & uniforms C & C:

HomeUpdate.png

AwayUpdate.png

AlternateUpdate.png

MLF looks a lot like MILF at first glance. Just sayin

To be honest I had no idea what your talking about. Till I looked MILF up...

Hey....there's nothing wrong with a MLF....lol,.....but seriously, this speaks to me more than you can imagine....when I was little, I had a fictional "Arena Baseball" League, I'm still afraid to post though since the thought of "Arena Baseball" is strange, but I look forward to the rest of this series. Good job

These look excellent, and dont be afraid to post anything as weird as it may sound no 1 will ever know what your ideas are. Id def like to check em out, if youll post them sometime. Let me know, im a diehard baseball fan but tht would be cool to watch during the offseason in the winter, obviously youd have to work around the NFL's sched but u never know lol

The names on the back of these jerseys are a bit too small and the 9's on those Dallas jerseys look like upside down 6's.

That's because 9 IS an upside down 6.

By the way, I would make the names on the back of the jerseys bigger.

YOZXkBG.png?1

The names on the back of these jerseys are a bit too small and the 9's on those Dallas jerseys look like upside down 6's.

That's because 9 IS an upside down 6.

By the way, I would make the names on the back of the jerseys bigger.

I have made the names bigger I just have not had a chance to post the files again.

Thats funny about the 9 & 6 I was thinking the same thing.

Anything else about Dallas I can fix. I know it is a simple logo but anything that I could do to spice the logo up.

Marshalls look good. They SCREAM NY Giants to me, but some teams are bound to be similar to NFL teams. Especialy when you have this team starting in the early 60s.

I would like to see the numbers in white not grey because I think the grey makes them look a little dirtty. Personally I would like all the grey switched to white but thats just me.

I think the logo looks good, but I think it has to much detail on the helmet. See what it would look like without all the wording and the state logo in the middle when its on the helmet. Also maybe take the texas logo and use it as a shoulder patch or something.

It still looks like it could be a legit team so even if you dont change anything...great job!

Cant wait to see the next on man!!

The St. Louis Stallions!

History:

In 1960 the other city to receive a bid for expansion was St. Louis.

The ownership group headed by Fitz Jennings asked the fans to pick the team name.

Stallions was the overwhelming favorite over other suggestions such as Archers & Spirits.

The team has had many ups & downs including going to three National Conference Championships & a 15 year playoff drought.

In recent years the Stallions have had lot of success under Head Coach Brian Turner including one MLF Championship in 2007.

Turner a former offensive coordinator for Dallas during their championship runs has teamed with QB Craig Matthews, RB James Dunn, & WR Vincent Green to create one of the best offenses in the MLF.

All Pros CB Ken McIntyre & DE Keith Jefferson lead a good but not great defense.

This aging team is looking for one more championship in 2011.

Here are the new uniforms that debuted in 1995. C & C

HomeUpdate-2.png

AwayUpdate-1.png

Thanks for the comments! Anybody else think the number font is wrong for the Stallions? Anything I can do to help the look?

I would have loved to put the full horse in there but it does not look good on the helmet & anywhere else looks forced.

Archived