Rangers wearing Red with Home Jerseys

MC2

I looked up every game to start 2009 (including the BAL series you mentioned) and they never wore red helmets or caps with the blue ALTs ever. I have a pretty detailed jersey database from '95 - the Present and the only time they ever did this was in 2000 during April and a few times during the course of that season (they wore red helmets and socks with shirts...they still wore blue caps, though). They did wear their BP jerseys with red caps in the past as well.

I looked up every game to start 2009 (including the BAL series you mentioned) and they never wore red helmets or caps with the blue ALTs ever. I have a pretty detailed jersey database from '95 - the Present and the only time they ever did this was in 2000 during April and a few times during the course of that season (they wore red helmets and socks with shirts...they still wore blue caps, though). They did wear their BP jerseys with red caps in the past as well.

Then it must have been blue helmets and caps with the red jerseys. It was definitely one of those two combinations.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I have a feeling that the Rangers are going back to red as the primary color anyways. Most of the shirts at the Ballpark in Arlington go for $24, but clearance stuff like from the World Series is going for $6. The other day, I walked past a kiosk and found a bunch of different player shirts in blue for $6, so they may be trying to move away from it.

The red has really taken off here in the Metroplex, and most of the merchandise selling is of the red or white variety. Say what you will about looking like the Angels (which I don't really get as the Ranger's colors are lighter than LAA's), but most people associate the red with the playoff years. Red was the primary color for advertising last year, and the red jersey was introduced at the same time, and we were the League Champions. I think within the next few years, the colors will be red, white, then blue. Hopefully there is enough clammer for "Rangers" to return to the home jerseys as well.

As for the current look, they need to stick to blue to match with the lettering. If they change that in the future, it will look better.

I have a feeling that the Rangers are going back to red as the primary color anyways. Most of the shirts at the Ballpark in Arlington go for $24, but clearance stuff like from the World Series is going for $6. The other day, I walked past a kiosk and found a bunch of different player shirts in blue for $6, so they may be trying to move away from it.

The red has really taken off here in the Metroplex, and most of the merchandise selling is of the red or white variety. Say what you will about looking like the Angels (which I don't really get as the Ranger's colors are lighter than LAA's), but most people associate the red with the playoff years. Red was the primary color for advertising last year, and the red jersey was introduced at the same time, and we were the League Champions. I think within the next few years, the colors will be red, white, then blue. Hopefully there is enough clammer for "Rangers" to return to the home jerseys as well.

As for the current look, they need to stick to blue to match with the lettering. If they change that in the future, it will look better.

I remember they had a poll on their website over the offseason on whether to return "Rangers" to the home jersey and like 65% said yes. I've see some red shirts at the ballpark with the Nolan Ryan era script and the current number font. If I had to guess, that would be the basis for new jerseys next year.

Archived