Old Yankee Stadium site

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks good. I'm glad there's recreational space for the neighborhood again, though I really wish they'd just kept the old Stadium.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well I could not think of a better way to pay tribute than to build a baseball field for the neighborhood over the old stadium grounds.

I agree. I think it's a great idea. Having kids growing up playing where a lot of Baseball history was made is pretty special.

At least they've made good on what they were supposed to do (replace the parkland). St. Louis is still waiting for its ballpark village. I imagine, though, there was a lot more pressure in the Bronx to get it done than in St. Louis.

P.S. Thanks for the great pics.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

At least they've made good on what they were supposed to do (replace the parkland). St. Louis is still waiting for its ballpark village. I imagine, though, there was a lot more pressure in the Bronx to get it done than in St. Louis.

P.S. Thanks for the great pics.

Well McCombs Damn Park is still there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I do love the stones though. I think that they were recently put in, because I just saw them for the first time like a month ago. I have to say they really did do a nice job cleaning this place up. It really did not look well back in 2009 after they took it down. But the soccer and baseball fields have really been a big hit.

That's some cool stuff. I really like how they replaced the stadium with a park instead of just paving over the old site to force in more parking spaces like the Patriots did.

The Mets did that as well. Shea stadium is now a parking lot for Citi field. There's even a plaque in the lot showing where home plate of Shea was.

home+plate+shea.jpg

That's some cool stuff. I really like how they replaced the stadium with a park instead of just paving over the old site to force in more parking spaces like the Patriots did.

The Mets did that as well. Shea stadium is now a parking lot for Citi field. There's even a plaque in the lot showing where home plate of Shea was.

home+plate+shea.jpg

The did this in Toronto too. I can't find a picture online right now, but there is a marker on the ground (made of concrete) to mark home plate for Exhibition stadium is in the parking lot south of BMO Field....and it's cracked to all hell and if i'm not mistaken is half in one parking spot, half in another.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived