Georgia State Flag Concept

illwauk

Well, we're well off-track from the politics of flags and are now starting down the road of liberal bashing vs conservative bashing. As a mod, I've asked that that portion be taken elsewhere. Have we found an understanding now?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we're well off-track from the politics of flags and are now starting down the road of liberal bashing vs conservative bashing. As a mod, I've asked that that portion be taken elsewhere. Have we found an understanding now?

Yes. Though as a mod, personal pot shots should probably be something you look to avoid.

Your request is understood. I'll (and others, hopefully) will try to keep the discussion flag related from here-on out.

If illwauk was posting every one of this state flag concepts in the same thread this would be a problem, but seeing as he's posting each one in individual topics, well the topic's bound to go off topic once everyone's said what they have to say about the design. You're rather naive if you think any thread about flags will remain politics free.

I've actually planned to post all of my flag concepts besides this one in the other thread, I just haven't gotten around to posting any besides Minnesota because I've been busy moving. But the reason I created a separate thread for the Georgia flag is precisely because it's an issue that's particularly controversial and the sociopolitical consequences of the flag were already being discussed when I was ready to post the Minnesota flag. I didn't want that discussion to derail the thread as other state flags came up.

Surely you guys recognize hyperbole when you see it? In any case, I know, Illwauk, that it would be unlikely to find anyone who believes all of the things I wrote. But you can be sure there are many who believe one or more. One could make the same exaggerated observation, with the same caveat, of the Tea Partiers, right?

@ the mod, I think this is a tough spot because when talking flags, the elements of which presumably stand for something, it's difficult to separate political positions and observations from the design debate. Illwauk tried to meld two extremely opposite views into a flag, and I commend him for that, but discussing same apolitically is almost impossible. However, if you insist, that's cool.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm cool with discussing the politics of the flag/flags. It's the breakdown into general political slinging that I think should move elsewhere.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived