MAJOR Downgrade in 2002:

gross.gif

bills02-10_authentic_helmet.jpg

bills02-10_authentics.jpg

Major Upgrade 2011: billflag.gif

(Thank-you God!!)

bills11_authentics.jpg

bills11helmet_auth-1.jpg

While I agree with you on the new uniforms, (which are a million times better than the previous ones), I can't stand the white helmet. I thought I'd like it, but it'd look so much better with either this helmet, or a modernized version of it

p104021dt.jpg

If they had done that, then they'd have one of the best looking uniform sets in the league.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with everything you posted... except for this...

they did do a major upgrade on the third. i liked that third. it had "atlanta" colors included, the red specfically. and it looked like a serious jersey that could be made a primary that had longevity.

You're kidding me right? That had to be one of the worst jerseys not only in Thrashers but NHL history.

There's nothing .... nothing .... that could compete with these Vancouver Canucks jerseys as the worst ever in NHL history

canucks_display_image.jpg?1273459888

MLB

Upgrade: Mariners 92-93. The blue and gold was played out and the trident was neverood, nor was the baseball.

Downgrade: Angels 96-97. Went from the best look the team ever had to one of the worst uniforms in MLB history.

NBA

Upgrade: Pacers 89/90 to 90/91: FloJo strikes.

Downgrade: Phoenix 98/99 to 99/00: What? Bold colors aren't something you want to embrace? Gray is a good thing? Ridiculous.

NHL

Up: Blues 97/98 to 98/99. The new look immediately put me in mind of the original look. A good, spare use of BFBS.

Down: The Isle. The Fisherman wasn't so bad, but the wavy hem and the Long Island yoke were awful, as was the new color scheme.

NFL

Up: Jets 97 to 98. Kelly would have been better, but still a great set.

Down: Bills 01 to 02. Shame, shame, stupid shame.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

While I agree with you on the new uniforms, (which are a million times better than the previous ones), I can't stand the white helmet. I thought I'd like it, but it'd look so much better with either this helmet, or a modernized version of it

p104021dt.jpg

If they had done that, then they'd have one of the best looking uniform sets in the league.

Sorry ............. while I respect both your opinion & 'Lights Out', the red helmet had long surpassed its sell-by date ... not to mention the decal on the one you posted has been improved for the roundness of the helmet.

The leaping Bison just doesn't stand out well on the red helmet (especially at a distance) as it does on the new white helmet, which BTW now has a metallic flake incorporated into the white to really improve the brightness of it in the sun and under the lights.

It may just grow on one of both of you, give it some time ...

NFL

Up: Jets 97 to 98. Kelly would have been better, but still a great set.

Was good to see them bring their classic look back ........ Only problem I had with that JETS '98 uniform change was the logo no longer being pointed like a football to oval shaped ..... that tweaking still makes no sense to me.

nope. not kidding. i liked those red thrasher jerseys. the color aesthetic worked with the helmet, pants and jersey. a lot of the time when i look at jerseys i look more at color and design and not graphical elements like the logo, wordmark, or numbers. the colors catch my eye more than what is on the front. its probably why i like pretty much all colored baseball uniform tops better than any white or gray set. nothing wrong with that.

and here's another bombshell: i also liked those black white and blue cavs jerseys better than what cleveland has now or when they were feeding lebron's ego. what they have now is better than the lebron era though.

I like this thread.

Honorable mention- Buffalo Sabres. In colors and logo. And I wasn't huge anti-slug, I just really liked their black/red look.

NFL-

I don't like the new Chargers unis/look. It's just a throwback style, but keeping some modern and adding powder blue, a color I hate in sports aside from UNC.

nm_colts_chargers_071112_ms.jpg

CHARGERS: So it's the modernized alternate you don't like, rather than the AFL powder blue throwback??

.... I really liked their all-white throwbacks with the black shoes that they wore at KC in 2009.

Someone posted a SD throwback with a slightly darker 'collegiate blue' the other day that John Hadl was wearing in 1965, it looked superb!!!

09000d5d813adf9c_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d813ac64a_gallery_600.jpg

SABRES: Were you referring to the 'Goat' uniforms, or the red alternate with crossing Sabre swords? The latter I liked, didn't particularly care for the Goat.

Sabres20.png

For the Chargers I don't care for either throwback. But now that they kind of added the powder blue in their scheme, I prefer the previous logo with white, navy, and yellow. The current is powder blue, navy, and yellow.

And the Sabres I liked the whole look honestly. The swords crest was awesome, one of my favorite hockey jerseys. That would have made a great set of jerseys using that as the main crest. But the red/black look is my favorite of all the Sabres looks including their current. I just think the downgrade was more noticable from the goat to slug lol.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived