Minnesota Twins identity

bigbean24

Today I was looking in the twins store and decided it was time for a new hat so I bought one, that made me wonder, what do people think about the Twins Identity? A couple years ago they did a big overhaul and I liked it. So what do you think?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should be wearing navy blue outlined in red across the board. The pinstripes should be white instead of cream, but otherwise the same. The Minnesota script should have a tail that connects to the last letter rather than a free-floating underline. The TC should either be all white outlined in red or redesigned so the C doesn't look borrowed from the Reds. All traces of the circa-'87 identity should be left in the remains of the Metrodome.

These are my thoughts on the Twins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The current road design absolutely sucks. The prior pinstriped one was better. The modern underscore sucks, and now that they are wearing the old script "Twins", it shows that it is far superior to their current "Twins" script.

I always liked the late 80's redesign. That's when I started following them a bit more as well. On a school trip to Florida, we stopped at Boardwalk & Baseball in Orlando, and I was able to pick up a Twins t-shirt with the new home script. I even have a 2000 (I think) blue home alt.

But the current "throwback" version is a thing of beauty. The 60s uniforms were much better looking than the polyester versions, and it brings out the TC logo even more.

Killebrew. Versailles. Kaat. Metropolitan Stadium. That's baseball.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I realize there is a lot of history behind it but I find it to be generic on every level.

The logo is just a baseball (logo crutch) with "Minnesota Twins Baseball Club" written out and the colour scheme is used by four other teams in the American League alone. It's a little late for a complete brand overall but would it have killed them to be a little more original?

No, but baseball teams that go back to 1901 don't exactly need to reinvent the wheel here. I will give you that their primary is terrible, as all "Sport Club" logos are. Should've gone with the handshake as their primary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

IMO the Twins look best in their alt Home jersey (which has become their standard home jersey this year).

as for their road jersey i'd like to see them go back to this look

1bfpt34ml4iu33hwff4sr0xc4.gif

only minus the pinstripes, but with the current sleeves.

the vest is not a good look for them IMO (do they ever wear it though), and their blue alt is a good look for them.

21dh5qp.png

The old script is a jumbled mess. It doesn't flow and all the letters look like they were borrowed from different scripts. I like the new wordmark so much better and feel like it's one of the more dynamic and sharp looking wordmarks in the league. The new one is cleaner, easier on the eyes, looks "cooler", and comes off as more professional.

It's annoying that they aren't wearing that uniform this year just because Harmon Killebrew died. That'd be like if Johnny Bench croaked and the Reds only wore the 70's pullovers for an entire year. It's silliness.

I miss the M hat, but I can live with the TC, though the wishbone C could use an outline

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hate the TC logo. It's Minnesota Twins. Is there an M? No. I know TC stands for twin cities, but honestly, who cares? Give them an M or a T, but TC seems out there for a team that's been around so long.

I haven't seen an "M" logo anywhere in Minnesota, be it on the Twins themselves, or the fans, for YEARS. The TC is here to stay, and nobody here seems too upset by that.

The old script is a jumbled mess. It doesn't flow and all the letters look like they were borrowed from different scripts. I like the new wordmark so much better and feel like it's one of the more dynamic and sharp looking wordmarks in the league. The new one is cleaner, easier on the eyes, looks "cooler", and comes off as more professional.

It's annoying that they aren't wearing that uniform this year just because Harmon Killebrew died. That'd be like if Johnny Bench croaked and the Reds only wore the 70's pullovers for an entire year. It's silliness.

Well seeing as how the Reds don't have that uniform as an official alternate in their current set, it's not really the same thing at all.

Well seeing as how the Reds don't have that uniform as an official alternate in their current set, it's not really the same thing at all.

but it easily could be an official alternate. It's not that far-fetched an analogy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

but it easily could be an official alternate. It's not that far-fetched an analogy.

Could be, but it's not. The Twins' is at the moment. They would have to add it next year and then he dies for it to be the same thing.

You don't like the TC hat because its not the first letter of their of their geographic name? Some one letter hats just arent that great and the Twins M cap is one of them. I personally love the TC cap and it is here to stay whether you like it or not. As far as their jerseys, I wish theyd keep the cream with pinstripes they're wearing now and scrap the homes they previously wore. I like that the old styale jerseys have no number on the front, and have navy lettering. In no way would I want to see the pinstripes come back on the road jersey though. Overall I think their identity works very well, only problem is the primary which really stinks it up but who really cares, they hardly use it.

I like it overall.

• Home Jersey: The wordmark update was phenomimal. They clunky "s" is gone, which alone makes it better. However, I love the cream home alt. I'd like them to switch to that full time (and, therefore, replace the wordmark on the scoreboard).
  • The road jersey is a huge improvement. The road pinstripes were getting stale and I like the effort to have "Minnesota" match the "Twins" wordmark. Of course, if my desired home jersey comes to fruition, a new "Minnesota" workmark would be needed.
  • Alts: fine, but I don't think they need two...just go with the "Twins" one.
  • Cap: I never liked the M. I hate the stupid underline. However, thanks to this board, I am aware that the red "c" is lacking contrast with the blue cap...so I wish they'd make the "TC" all red with a white outline (essentially like the Cardinals' road cap). That would make this a great look.
  • Misc: I am OK with the primary, but most think of the shaking hands logo as the primary anyway...as evidence by the giant version that lights up after homers and wins (I guess they were more aware of it last year :) ). Also, kudos for finally dumping the nameplates (only team with pinstripes that had them for some time). And finally, getting rid of the red hat was great.

The 2010 adjustments (home wordmark, road overhaul, dumping nameplates) made this a solid look...just a bit above average. The only opportunity they missed was addressing the "red c" problem

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with those saying to leave all aspects of the '87 update in the Metrodome.

Update and clean up the script on the cream jerseys, and lighten up that cream a little, and you have a near perfect jersey.

The "M" hat has to go. The TC cap looks so much better in every way.

The road uniform might be the best road uniform in baseball - at the very least, it's up there. The cream home uniform fits in very well with that identity - that's the direction the Twins should be heading in.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived