piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

The uniform color rules are as follows. Only white colored jerseys are to be worn at home. This means that there can be no colored jersey worn at home. Exceptions to this rule are cream, vintage white, or pinstriped jerseys. Road jerseys allow for the team to display their primary or secondary colors (non-white). This usually means the darker of the teams colors will be the road jersey color. As always, there are some exceptions of teams that will use the lighter of their colors on the road, reserving the darker color for a possible third jersey. All cases will involve using the primary team color on the road (non-white). Speaking of which, the third jersey will follow the same rules as above. Most of the time, the third jersey will be worn on the road since it might be a secondary team color. There are some exceptions in which the third jersey will be a off-shade of white or a pinstriped jersey. In rare cases, the third jersey might actually be a clean white jersey if the home jersey is vintage white, cream, pinstripes, or any other off-shade of white.

To make these rules simpler, follow this guideline:

HOME) White, vintage white, cream, pinstripes, or any other off-shade of white.

ROAD) Primary team color (non-white)

THIRD) Secondary team color or home jersey possibilities.

Some misc. uniform rules are as follows. There will be no vests, no practice/pre-game uniforms, and no gradients (MS Paint). Teams will have the choice of colored pants and pinstriped uniforms. There can be no more than two pants choices per team, no more than three jerseys per team, no more than two belt choices per team, no more than two sock choices per team, and no more than two hat choices per team. A team's third jersey must be distinctive from their two primary uniforms. The distinction could mean a different script, a different patch, a different hat, or something other than simply being a carbon copy of the primaries, just in the secondary team color. Similarly, the primary uniform cannot stray too far from the home to the road. This preserves uniformity. I will try my best to make sure teams have matching scripts, matching piping, matching hats, and matching pants for the primaries. The third jersey is where my imagination will run wild. The rules for piping in regards to the relationship the pants and jerseys have is that they must match. This means that there must be some semblance of uniformity between the piping on the pants and the piping on the jersey. For example, if you have blue piping on the pants, it is acceptable to have either white piping (or off-shade depending on team) or, of course, blue piping. There can be no black, orange, red, yellow, or green piping on the jersey if the pants piping is blue. This also goes to pinstriped uniforms. A colored jersey with pinstriped pants must have no piping what-so-ever.

1) Baltimore Orioles

2) Boston Red Sox

3) Chicago White Sox

4) Cleveland Indians

NOTE: EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE IS FROM THE PAST.

---------------------------------------------------

Baltimore Orioles:

The Orioles are a team that has a lot of history. Their current logo is good, but I don't like the body itself. The details of the feathers are perfect, but the head seems to just be staring off into space and the belly droops too low for me. I cleaned it up a little to what I think would be okay. For the second alternate logo, I tried to make it look a little more dynamic. My intention was to make it look as if it was flying off with a baseball grasped in its feet with the baseball serving at the dot to the 'i'. The other two logos are just the same bird in a circle. For the scripts, I simply reclored them and added a bird. My inspiration was the St. Louis Cardinals. There was an 'i' in Baltimore and Orioles so I put the bird on both. For the unis, I used an orange-black-orange piping. The alternate road jersey has a 'B' hat. It was a personal choice because I've always wanted to see a Baltimore Orioles hat with just a 'B'.

160x0jo.png

nn6vb4.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Orioles, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston Red Sox:

I am sure that some of you have seen this before. It's slightly updated with a much cleaner look. I choose to do the Red Sox 'hanging sox logo' in a diamond. The uniforms are nothing groundbreaking whatsoever. But I put in what I thought looks good for the Red Sox. I think their current look needs a little tweaking and that's what I tried to accomplish here.

ml4ew5.png

rmuqeq.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Orioles, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Chicago White Sox:

Again, some of you may have seen this before. However, it is significantly updated. The logos are a take off the 1949-1970 logo with modern colors. The other two are made entirely out of socks. Crazy idea. The scripts are the 'ox' in the 'S' and their current Chicago script which I really like. The unis are simple. Pinstiripes and solid colored alternates. I just couldn't make white socks work. Did not look right at all.

nl3imc.png

2rhqx3o.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Cleveland Indians:

Yeah, I think this is my biggest flop. I don't really like the color scheme. There's no contrast in colors but I just couldn't use red if I wanted to make a teepee and bats(yes those are bats in the logos holding up the teepee but do physics really apply in logos?). I chose navy, copper, and cream. Right now the scripts look like a miss-match of different eras. If anyone like it that's fine, but I won't be hurt if anyone doesn't.

xc89vt.png

2dkmsr8.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Indians, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Detroit Tigers:

For Detroit, I went with their current Tiger head and used it to update their late 60's-80's logo. Their scripts are just the olde english 'D'. The pinstriped one a little crazy but I wanted to see it would work and it might.

2dtn6kl.png

33cq5q8.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Tigers, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Kansas City Royals:

Their current look IMO is Dodgers. Period. I experimented with gold and silver. I came to the conclusion of a two-tone blue color scheme. An 'ice' blue type that is a little darker than powder blue and of course royal blue. The script is the same as their current which I really like. The road alternate is a nod to the 80's look. The logo is a simple beveled jewel. The cap is a tri-color cap similar to an Expos or Blue Jays look.

qqeqkk.png

dggsc8.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Tigers, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim:

For L.A., I made an interlocked 'LA' inside a baseball with wings. The other logo is just their current logo outlined in silver. For the scripts, I have Los Angeles for both road unis and the current Angels script with a navy drop shadow. The uniforms have the interlocking 'LA' as caps, and the usual full color alternates with both home and road.

2r5dwfl.png

25uoc4n.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Angels, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Minnesota Twins:

This one needs a lot of explaining. The first logo is two interconnected Minnesotas with two men shaking hands over a river. The second one is weird I know. It's two Minnesotas the opposite way from the other logo. I found that the outline of Minnesota has facial features. So I made two "Twins". :wacko: The home script is the bridge outlining 'win' in Twins. The uniforms are the usual. Full color alternates with home and road.

wlcao6.png

14ieu5j.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Twins, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Oakland Athletics:

I went the retro route for the A's. I used A's for all of the uniforms. The logo is just a recolored shoulder patch logo cleaned up.

2e6efkw.png

fuc3lt.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the A's, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

New York Yankees:

This is a tough one because of the rich history. The logos are the Statue of Liberty's torch. The uniforms incorporate just one interlocking 'NY' unlike what they currently use(that's the only gripe I have with their home pinstripes today. They have two forms of the interlocking 'NY').

4puq74.png

2ladagn.png

If anybody wants to see something changed about the Yankees, I will try my best to apply that to an update. C&C thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Some good work here Piratesfan. Two things I'd like to see. 1) it seems you tried to stress the orange on the Orioles cap, why not go with an Orange script on the home white? 2) every time I see a Red Sox concept I want to see a Red crown/navy bill home cap which I think works so well picking up the wordmark and even socks (when someone actually decides to show them. Again good work and congrats on a good first half from the Buccos!

mets.png

Overall this is good work, but i'm not so convinced that all of these are upgrades. Here are my thoughts on all of them

Orioles:

Much prefer orange scripts. The new bird logo is ok though. I'm not a fan of grey outline on the Baltimore on the alt road jersey. Also I'm not sure about the B hat.

Red Sox:

The patch logo is okay, but taking away the outline from the B cap logo ruins the best part of the red sox uniforms.

White Sox:

I hate to not offer any constructive criticism, but I would just scrap this and start over. That cap logo quite simply just doesn't work. Not a fan of road pinstripes and grey outlining on the chicago script looks really weird.

Indians:

New logos are nice and color scheme is interesting. I would suggest using a matching home script to that road script you have. (use current cream alt. script) otherwise, it's not bad

Tigers:

While I like it on the Yankees, the D on the chest of the road isn't doing it for me. Much prefer detroit script. The two blue alts are practicly the same. If you don't wanna use any white on the road cap, make the road D orange, NEVER grey. Also, the tigers should never wear pinstipes.

Royals:

Pretty good concept. Color scheme is odd. (too purple to me) But beyond that, the blank patch without the KC is pointless, and would be better with no patch than that. Also, if you wanna do a home vest, be consistent and give vests to all jerseys or atleast the road also.

Angels:

Pretty good job. If you wanna take the 3D away from the scripts, do the same with the cap logo. Once again, grey outline on road alt looks bad. Also, you posted a sample script with Angels in white with a red background. Try that on the red alt jersey

Twins:

Nice job with the Twins! My only advice would be to drop the alternate logo. Good idea, but it doesn't quite work

Athletics:

I like the idea of having A's on all jerseys. That being said, drop the vests, the A's should not wear vests. Also, do not mess with their current home cap, which is the best cap in baseball. The A's logo should be green on every jersey except the green, which I would keep yellow, as you did. Good idea with the Alt yellow cap, but I would go with a green A's instead of white.

Yankees:

Patch logo doesn't work. Good idea standardizing the NY, but if you're going to do that go the other route and use the one that is currently used for the jerseys and put it on the hats too. The one you used it a bit too thin for a jersey. Also, the 2 blue alts are too similar to eachother, and the yankees would never wear a jersey and cap with a grey interlocking NY. Also, on the home alt, use pinstriped pants.

Hope I didn't come off as bashfull- I've began to make concepts too so I know how hard it is. Overall I like your work and I'm looking forward to seeing more, keep it up!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Since I'm a Tigers fan, I'm going to call you out on how sloppy the coloring is. There's 3 kinds of blues on that crest. I'm noticing that in several areas, actually. Needs some clean up, take your time and pay attention to stuff like that.

Thanks everyone for the comments especially Fox and erlovepuck. I'll start whipping up some updates soon. In the mean time, I'm very pleased to see so much support for the Buccos. It has been a long time for some of us (I have never been alive to see a winning season). Anyways, I have some ideas for the rest of the league. The next four teams should be the Mariners, Rays, Rangers, and the Blue Jays to finish out the AL. It might take some time because I'm starting from scratch. Anyways I'll be sure to update the description when there's something new. Thanks again.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Tigers Logo - Stolen

LA Angels Logo - Stolen

Orioles Logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

Twins logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

I wouldn't doubt that the Royals and Indians logos are stolen as well. Look at how crisp the lines are of the ones you claim to have made compared to the White Sox one that you obviously made in paint. I'd be careful with using other people's concepts and then saying you made them. Scratch that; I wouldn't do that.

Oh and on the template, if you keep using paint, save the template as a 16 color bitmap, then clear off the extra colors to get single colored lines then re-save as a PNG. That will get rid of the pixels that don't color when you use the fill-in tool.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Tigers Logo - Stolen

LA Angels Logo - Stolen

Orioles Logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

Twins logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

I wouldn't doubt that the Royals and Indians logos are stolen as well. Look at how crisp the lines are of the ones you claim to have made compared to the White Sox one that you obviously made in paint. I'd be careful with using other people's concepts and then saying you made them. Scratch that; I wouldn't do that.

Oh and on the template, if you keep using paint, save the template as a 16 color bitmap, then clear off the extra colors to get single colored lines then re-save as a PNG. That will get rid of the pixels that don't color when you use the fill-in tool.

Thanks for the advice. On all of these, I go through pixel by pixel to get all of that extra colors a lot cleaner. That will help. In regards to me stealing logos, I don't really know what to say. I did NOT steal the Tigers logo or LA Angels logo from anyone. There's always a chance that parts of any logo might resemble someone else's work. Simply put, I did not steal any logo from someone else or use their ideas. These are all my ideas.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived