piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

Tigers Logo - Stolen

LA Angels Logo - Stolen

Orioles Logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

Twins logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

I wouldn't doubt that the Royals and Indians logos are stolen as well. Look at how crisp the lines are of the ones you claim to have made compared to the White Sox one that you obviously made in paint. I'd be careful with using other people's concepts and then saying you made them. Scratch that; I wouldn't do that.

Oh and on the template, if you keep using paint, save the template as a 16 color bitmap, then clear off the extra colors to get single colored lines then re-save as a PNG. That will get rid of the pixels that don't color when you use the fill-in tool.

Thanks for the advice. On all of these, I go through pixel by pixel to get all of that extra colors a lot cleaner. That will help. In regards to me stealing logos, I don't really know what to say. I did NOT steal the Tigers logo or LA Angels logo from anyone. There's always a chance that parts of any logo might resemble someone else's work. Simply put, I did not steal any logo from someone else or use their ideas. These are all my ideas.

While I'm not saying that any of this is or isn't stolen (personally I don't think it is- doesn't look like it), but that Tigers logo has been done by so many people on this site. It's not stolen it's just an idea that has been done over and over again.

And the case with the White Sox, I think that's because the cleaner looking ones were made with scripts from the mothership while his were made from scratch. You gotta chill, these aren't stolen concepts, and I can't believe that you would just call someone out like that, evanmaldonado, when you don't have any proof, and are probably wrong.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tigers Logo - Stolen

LA Angels Logo - Stolen

Orioles Logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

Twins logo - Very very likely to be stolen base on the White Sox one you made.

I wouldn't doubt that the Royals and Indians logos are stolen as well. Look at how crisp the lines are of the ones you claim to have made compared to the White Sox one that you obviously made in paint. I'd be careful with using other people's concepts and then saying you made them. Scratch that; I wouldn't do that.

Oh and on the template, if you keep using paint, save the template as a 16 color bitmap, then clear off the extra colors to get single colored lines then re-save as a PNG. That will get rid of the pixels that don't color when you use the fill-in tool.

Thanks for the advice. On all of these, I go through pixel by pixel to get all of that extra colors a lot cleaner. That will help. In regards to me stealing logos, I don't really know what to say. I did NOT steal the Tigers logo or LA Angels logo from anyone. There's always a chance that parts of any logo might resemble someone else's work. Simply put, I did not steal any logo from someone else or use their ideas. These are all my ideas.

While I'm not saying that any of this is or isn't stolen (personally I don't think it is- doesn't look like it), but that Tigers logo has been done by so many people on this site. It's not stolen it's just an idea that has been done over and over again.

And the case with the White Sox, I think that's because the cleaner looking ones were made with scripts from the mothership while his were made from scratch. You gotta chill, these aren't stolen concepts, and I can't believe that you would just call someone out like that, evanmaldonado, when you don't have any proof, and are probably wrong.

Well, I think I might see where you would believe I was stealing someone else's ideas. The Chicago White Sox circle logos look cleaner because I went and filled in each stray pixel and used vector magic. I did not do that with the 'SOX' and the 'ox' in the 'S' logo. I can also see where the Tigers logo has been done a million times over. It's considered by many to be the best of their history so concepts stray toward that style. But think that you saying the Royals logo and Indians logo are stolen is absurd. It doesn't make any sense at all. I wouldn't say it's ignorance, but you shouldn't definately not call me out when you have no semi-logical proof.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Yeah I may have jumped the gun on that by saying you stole them. At first glance, they looked to be the same as others I've seen, but there are slight differences in them. I apologize for calling them stolen. Keep up the good work.

Again, my apologies.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Yeah I may have jumped the gun on that by saying you stole them. At first glance, they looked to be the same as others I've seen, but there are slight differences in them. I apologize for calling them stolen. Keep up the good work.

Again, my apologies.

No problem. Like I said, I can see why you thought that. There are a lot of inconsistencies in my work but that's what happens sometimes.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Very creative concepts, and extremely unique (other than the Tigers circle & LA Angels cap). Nicely executed.

Careful with the colors you're using, they may change after you save a file and/or look different on other people's monitors. The Tigers orange looks very red, the Royals light blue has a purple tint to it, and the Indians blue and brown need more contrast. Make one lighter and one darker (either darker blue/lighter brown or vice versa).

Otherwise nice job on everything.

Some uniform updates people wanted to see. I'll finish the other half tomorrow and I might start working on the other teams. Anyhow, for the Orioles home uni, I changed the script to orange. I got rid of the 'B' hat and changed the outline to white. I changed all of the Red Sox hats to include a white outline. Cleveland is probably my biggest change. I darkened the navy, lightened the brown to give it more contrast. I also made the scripts more consistent instead of a miss-match of eras.

2l97i2h.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

For the Orioles white jersey I think that you are overusing the bird logo.

I agree, two times should be the limit for that. Other than that, these are all upgrades. Nice job.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Thanks everyone. Here is an updated White Sox concept. The logos are the same, but the scripts and hats are different. The new home uniform is a take on the 1986-1990 script. C&C, because I know this isn't perfect. Tigers update will be next.

1sjo7q.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Love the uniforms, especially the black "SOX" jersey and hat. I am not a fan of the "W" hats though, either use a C or preferably, the SOX hat used in the black alt. Other than the main hats, it's a solid set.

87Redskins.png

• 4 weeks later...

So it has been a while. I guess those who wanted to see more deserve an explanation. The Mariners are the first team that has given me artist's block(for lack of a better term). It lasted a month, but here I am. I tried to stay loyal to the current set which I like to an extent. The colors are perfect: Navy blue, Northwest green, silver, and white. The current set however is drab. I tried to liven it up with triple piping and a more consistent use of the colors. The first logo is a simple pirate ship. I know what you're thinking, but the PITTSBURGH PIRATES concept I have in mind is of a "jolly roger" flag. So I thought that the ship itself would stray far enough from the Pirates. After all, Mariners, Raiders, Buccanneers, and Pirates are relatively the same thing. I am a fan of the "baseball compass" logo. I tried to incorporate that as much as I can. I put in on the mast and used it as the primary cap logo. The alternate logo is actually two hand telescopes crossed with the Mariners script over it. The scripts are self-explanitory :D. Now the jerseys are what I tried to liven up. I put the boat on the shoulder as a patch. Also, as part of a more consistent use of colors, I designated Northwest green as the home color, and Navy as the road color. That is apparent in the hats. If anyone wants to see something changed, I will try my best to apply that in an update. I'm going to let you guys comment for a few days as I begin working on Toronto(I know that there will be tons of concepts for the Blue Jays in the future because of the recent news of a uniform change. I will let you know that absolutely NO RED will be used in my concept. None at all.) Thank you.

2dcbmzn.png

a2t3ex.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I really like the Mariners sleeve logo you've made. For the White Sox, I really like the faxback uniform, but the "W" hat makes no sense at all for the White Sox. Nobody calls them the Whites.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

All very creative, but "LA" on a cap is a bad idea. Looks very crowded.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I have an idea for a cap update.

I really like the Mariners sleeve logo you've made. For the White Sox, I really like the faxback uniform, but the "W" hat makes no sense at all for the White Sox. Nobody calls them the Whites.

Thank you for the feedback. I will begin working on a cap update.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The updates were a big improvement. I like the Oriole sitting on the ball. I live in Memphis and I don't like how the Memphis Redbirds bird is just sitting there on nothing as opposed to the Cardinals birds on the bat. The ball solves that issue nicely. As said earlier, I did not like the W for the White Sox but I really liked the White Sox script.

If I owned the White Sox, I would want them to have an alternate that wasn't all black for hot summer days. I think your White Sox jersey with the script could be a nice alternate that would keep the players a little cooler.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived