piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, I've been eagerly awaiting these to be rolled out and I am not disappointed! Great work, my friend!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Looks great with Texas across the front. Maybe a brown alternate for home?

honestly I never would have thought that a Black-Brown-Grey color scheme would work, but you've made it work quite well. Nice work!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The new horse looks better. Have you tried just using the horse head?

Thanks for the compliment. No, haha, I actually think the head is the worst part of the horse. It looks like an anteater to me. I don't really think a disembodied head would look better than a full body horse. Maybe if the head was inside the circle logo so that it was busy enough. Just the head itself I don't think would work though. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Would a front view be any better?

head9.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wow, thanks for the drawing. Let's see if this might work...Your drawing just might have completed my horse. I tried for about an hour to get the neck angle right so that the proportions would look okay. Hopefully it doesn't look tacky. I'm going to work on some detail for the horse itself so that it doesn't look so one-sided. Again, thanks for the drawing. You took your time to make that for me, so I just had to make a concept based on it. All I did was match the outlines to the horse and make minor changes to fit it on the horse. I'll edit this post when I get done with the horse detail so that I don't unnecessarily bump this thread.

mkesux.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

LOL I didn't draw that, I got it off of Google Images. I was just showing what I was describing. Meh, what the owner doesn't know can't hurt them. Keep it, it's not like you'll get sued or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a week or two. I'm sorry for the delay. To be honest with you, I've again suffered a case of artist's block. I have been going at it with the Diamondbacks and nothing is working. I've been trying everything with Arizona. I tried changing it to "Pheonix Diamondbacks". I've tried several color schemes. I've mostly been going at it with a 'P' version of the D-backs' 'A' for Pheonix. That went well, until I put it on the uniform. Most recently I've tried going with a custom name: The Sidewinders. Then I saw there was a minor league baseball team from Tuscon with the same name. Anyways, blah, blah, blah, here's my concept. I only have the wordmarks and uniforms here. I am trying to come up with a logo. Until then here's my say on what I have now.

This is basically what I am thinking the Miami Marlins team will have in 2012. When i hear of the wide array of colors, I immediately think of this. Sticking with orange and black, I customly made a gradient effect in MS Paint and applied it to the wordmark. It ranges from a reddish-orange, to a yellow-gold. Other than that it's pretty self-explanatory. I will begin working on a logo which will take into account the color scheme and stay true to the script. I assure you that it will not look like this:

nbc.jpg

:D

By the way, the script is from the 10 year anniversary logo of the WS championship in 97'. You can find it on the mothership.

294grr4.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

#1. I think the road would look better with a number on the front.

#2. Try adding buttons to the jersey (where they would be on a real jersey). it loks a little 'empty" without it.

#1. I think the road would look better with a number on the front.

#2. Try adding buttons to the jersey (where they would be on a real jersey). it loks a little 'empty" without it.

Thanks. I agree, those are some of the things I've been neglecting. I'm gonna whip myself up a new tmeplate and add some buttons and front numbers for all of the jerseys I've made at the end. Thanks again for pushing me to get this done. The logo should be done tonight.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow guys, I always lie you to you. So sorry, but I am really proud of this one so hopefully this makes up for it.

For my Pirates concept, I took the jolly roger logo and standardized it. I got rid of the red and changed the bandana to grey.

For paint users, here's a tip to get rid of those stray pixels. If the pixels are a completely different color, and you run it through vector magic, you'll get something like this:

259wpic.png

So instead, do this. If you want to recolor something without it looking all pixelated, first, right click on the main color you are trying to change a certain aspect of your logo to. After you have the main color selected in your right mouse button, take your color-identifier button(don't know what it's called, but the tube icon in MS Paint) and run it over one of those pixels that are just slightly different than the color you are trying to change it to, you know, but it's just enough not to be filled in by the bucket tool. Once you select those "barely off-colored" pixels, fill in the portion you are trying to actually recolor with that slightly off colored color. Then right click and change it back to the main color you are trying to use. Then repeat. Use the tube tool again to run over another one of those annoying pixels and fill it in with the paint bucket tool. Right click to change it back to the main color again. Keep doing that, and you'll eventually get something that is easily able to be recolored. You'll never have to worry about those stray off-color pixels again.

Back to my concept. I love the 90's road script. But it looks wrong with the current home script. So I looked for that 1938-1939 home script. It looks fuzzy, sorry. The uniforms are mostly vests which I think the Pirates look great in. The piping is inverted. I think gold and white clash when they touch so that's why I inverted the piping and the script colors. The home cap is a gold crown with a black bill. It's like that because there is a lot of black in baseball, and if a team like the Pirates have gold in their color scheme, they should show it. I hear you Red Sox fans with the red crown, navy bill outcry.

The road uniform is the 90's script. Now the cap is their current cap, instead with a gold bill. The home alternate is heavily inspired by Fox's concept. I hope you don't mind, but "immitation is the sincerist form of flattery", right? :). The road alternate is just the road script outline is white on a black uniform with gold piping at the sleeves and collar.

There are three cap choices:

1)Strictly a home cap.

2)Primarily a road cap, but can be used at home.

3) Jolly roger cap. Inspired heavily on the idea that real pirates wear a jolly roger insignia on their caps, so why not these Pirates? Would most likely be used on the road alternate.

Thank you to my major followers BigBubba, north dakota, Fox, and AndrewPF. If anyone wants to see anything changed, just tell me. I'm not sure on what to color the bandana. I just stayed neutral with gray. If it were gold, there would be too much gold on the logo IMO. If it were white, it would blend in with the skull. If it were red, there would only be red in the logo and nowhere on the jersey. If it were black, it would blend in with the flag, so I don't know where to go there.

2zsrzgx.png

143135f.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here are the Mets. User KevinMets made the best Mets concept on here IMO. The logo is a 3d rendidtion of the current Mets logo. The skyline in the background is 2-d, but the Brooklyn bringe is from a 3d perspective. I don't know what to do to update it though. It feels incomplete to me. It's that empty space above the skyline for me. I don't know what color I should add in. Black would be the best option, but I hate the black for the Mets. Orange was another option for a sunset, but it was too bold of a color to use. Gray is the only other neutral color I could think of.

Anyways, I wanted to keep it simple with the sleeve piping. The home cap has an orange bill and the road cap has a blue bill with a white outline for both.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. Thank you.

11j68gw.png

2w3qihx.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The Pirates concept is great. I'm not a fan of the cap with the Pirate logo though. And one last change I would try to make- The P on the home script doesn't look much like a P, more lige a G or a D. Try to match it up with the P in the Pittsburgh script. Other than that, great concept.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Pirates concept is great. I'm not a fan of the cap with the Pirate logo though. And one last change I would try to make- The P on the home script doesn't look much like a P, more lige a G or a D. Try to match it up with the P in the Pittsburgh script. Other than that, great concept.

Thanks a lot. Here's the update Pirates script:

dmbgn8.png

I really need to find a cleaner version of that script. What I did was take a picture of an actual 1938-39 jersey and run it through vector magic a million times. That's why it looks so blurry. I'll work on that. I'm also thinking of making another third jersey for the Pirates involving the cap logo you don't like, lol. Nothing against you, but if I think it works I might submit it here. That's a work in progress. Thanks again.

Your 2 best concepts.

Wow, thank you.

Here a Cubs concept I'm working on. It's unfinished but before a make uniforms, I want to know what you guys think about this:

2mziems.pngmk9fmg.png

It's a paw print with 'CUBS' in the individual toes. The detail in the palm is meant to be 'CHI' for Chicago in the form of detail in the actual paw print. You know, like the lines in your palm. It could also possibly be a bear scratch if you want an aggressiveness out of the logo. I don't want to mess with the Cubs current logo so I might make my rendidition of their current uniforms(get rid of that awful road jersey) and just include this as a shoulder patch/alternate logo, but I want to know if I should scrap this logo or got with it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived