piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

The wheat stripes are a brilliant idea. Though that logo looks like a snowcone where the cone is melting. I'd just put a barrel there or a baseball on a barrel (keeping Wisconsin, of course). Or your other idea, where the baseball i shooting out of the barrel.

Haha, that funny because that's exactly what my Dad said about this when he saw it. Keep in mind that I'm saving every update I make for my second go-round of this series. I will go around the league all over again, and update/go to drawing board on every team. Dodgers are next. Thanks for the comments.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traditionalists Beware:

Now I'm not trying to ruin the Dodgers uniforms. Quite frankly, they are just as classic as the Yankees set. I actually refer to them as Yankee West. However, why do minor tweaks and have the comments say something to the effect of "Nothing major changed, but it's nice." I feel that the Dodgers can add silver and white without it being too much. That's what I tried to implement here. Another thing I got rid of is the red numbers. I just never understood it to be honest. Red is not a Dodger color. It only should have been used for the baseball. Feel free to criticize it. That's the risk I took when I decided to change uniform parts that would be very dicey to change.

Now that I have that out of the way, here are my logos. The first logo is an alternate logo. It is inspired by the 1952-1957 Brooklyn Dodgers logo. Obviously, there is no more significant city move in baseball history than the Dodgers moving out of Brooklyn. With the Dodgers currently paying tribute to them with their alternate uniform(which looks awesome by the way) I thought it would be appopriate to have an alternate logo inspired by them. The middle logo is the new 2012 logo with some minor changes. I changed the streak lines to silver. This is in anticipation for the uniforms which have more silver/less red. The script is their current home script instead of the more slanted version. The logo on the right is the logo inside of a diamond. Their current alternate logo is a circle. To me, it looks like they were mimicing the Royals(vice-versa really) 80's-90's alternate logo. So instead of a circle, let's put it in a diamond! Brilliant, eh?

The scripts are going to make some people want to jump out of a window. I added a white-then-silver outline to the Dodgers home script. As a result, the home alternate has the same effect, so on with the roads. I originally thought that silver-white would look great, but I realized that the lack of contrast really messed up the alternate uniforms. To eliminate that, I made the outline scheme so that blue was always in the middle to act as a border. The cap logos mimic their respective home/road counterparts.

2wnveyf.png

The primary jerseys have blue piping on the sleeves and down the chest. The home alternate has white piping to match the base color for the script. The road alternate has gray piping to match the base color for its script. Again, the numbers are not red.

33fdtg3.png

Simple blue piping/belts/cleats for all of the pants.

25z2n1t.png

C&C greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Like you said, because of the history, this looks odd. But when trying to think of it for an expansion franchise, it looks good. However, my main issue with it is that blue is the only real colour present. I'd suggest adding a touch of red (I know you don't like it, but even as a minor trim colour it would improve the look) or take a page from the Blue Jays and Rays and go 2-tone blue. The latter IMO would be the better choice because it would look less plain than blue and grey, and less generic than red and blue (and grey). Grey is a great side/trim/accent colour, but with blue being the only other real colour there, it's forced a bit too much and is a bit overused. Without changing the amount of silver/grey, just adding a red/blue outline/trim would take some of the attention away from the grey so it doesn't look as used as it is, if that makes any sense.

In short:

Add another colour to add contrast, complexity, and to make sure grey doesn't take up too much space, and thus make the jerseys less boring, without actually being removed at all (because without blue, grey is the primary, which would be a bit too plain for some people, adding another colour as an outline would provide great support, because grey and white looks so bland).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Like you said, because of the history, this looks odd. But when trying to think of it for an expansion franchise, it looks good. However, my main issue with it is that blue is the only real colour present. I'd suggest adding a touch of red (I know you don't like it, but even as a minor trim colour it would improve the look) or take a page from the Blue Jays and Rays and go 2-tone blue. The latter IMO would be the better choice because it would look less plain than blue and grey, and less generic than red and blue (and grey). Grey is a great side/trim/accent colour, but with blue being the only other real colour there, it's forced a bit too much and is a bit overused. Without changing the amount of silver/grey, just adding a red/blue outline/trim would take some of the attention away from the grey so it doesn't look as used as it is, if that makes any sense.

In short:

Add another colour to add contrast, complexity, and to make sure grey doesn't take up too much space, and thus make the jerseys less boring, without actually being removed at all (because without blue, grey is the primary, which would be a bit too plain for some people, adding another colour as an outline would provide great support, because grey and white looks so bland).

Thanks for the thourough response. Do you think I should go with powder blue like the current Brooklyn throwback?

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

In short:

Thanks for the thourough response. Do you think I should go with powder blue like the current Brooklyn throwback?

Yeah, that would probably be best.

Side notes: I tried making a blue jersey with a gray "Los Angeles" but I decided that powder blue did not look good with gray lettering. Also, I did not want the powder blue to touch gray at all. The powder blue only touches white and dodger blue. The Brooklyn alternate has white piping in order to differentiate them from the Rays, who have blue piping. Also, white lettering with dodgerblue/white outlining looked to bright on the throwback.

14jn4ft.png

2pso9q0.png

2zhh4y9.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Time for the Phillies.

The Phillies uniforms are IMO one of the greatest uniform sets in the league. However, there are a few things I would change.

User "Signals" made the "Philadelphia" script. I made some minor changes to it though(hollowed out the holes, change the postion of the 'P', and made it more uniform workable). Thank you for the script.

The colors are maroon and royal blue. There are too many bright red/royal teams out there. Instead of going with the cliche maroon/baby blue color scheme(powder blue was just a color for a road uniform back then), I did keep the royal blue, but I changed the red to maroon. I also wanted to implement royal blue more. The Phillies home and road uniforms currently are scarce of any trace of royal blue. I think that it complements the entire set well. For the home set, I went with maroon pinstripes with a "Phillies" script outlined in blue. The cream alternate is similar to their current alternate, but with some improvements. The home BP jersey is a maroon jersey with a "Phillies" script in white outlined in blue.

For the road set, I had plans of having a blue cap. However, it just did not look right with the gray road so I demoted it to an alternate status. The road script is outlined in blue and not white. The road alternate is a blue uniform with red lettering outlined in white. The road BP jersey is maroon with blue lettering outlined in white. One primary cap, one alternate cap, and two BP caps round out the set.

2j4snx5.png

8xrhh4.png

25tepeo.png

This will be the uniform concept I plan on submitting for the Multi-sport championship. Can you guys give me some honest C&C so I can improve/scrap this set? It's greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I actually like this set. There's just one thing that irks me. The "a" in Philadelphia looks like an "o". You should add a "nub" on the right side where it's straight to make it more pronounced. Really though, that's pretty much the only thing.

I actually like this set. There's just one thing that irks me. The "a" in Philadelphia looks like an "o". You should add a "nub" on the right side where it's straight to make it more pronounced. Really though, that's pretty much the only thing.

Good find. Better?

rctu91.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for the comments guys. In the back of my mind, when I make a concept, I just can't make one or two changes and call it a day. I have to make about 5 or 6 changes at least, even to a classic set like the Dodgers. If I get hate, that's perfectly fine. That's the point of "ripping up" a classic set. It will probably generate hate, but someone might like it. At least it's more out-of-the-box than just adding some piping on the road jersey or something.

For Philadelphia, what I said above goes here to. I know that have "Phillies" on the road is close enough to having "Philadelphia", but again, I want to make more changes. Now that the classic sets like the Dodgers and Phillies are done(I still want to make a new logo for the Phillies because their current is in no way classic), I'm going to move on to sets like the Astros, Diamondbacks, and Rockies, which are in great need of a complete overhaul.

Thanks for the comments again.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Alright, so my Phillies concept got mixed reviews. I seem to be slipping as far as concepts go. Let's hope this brings me back up. This is an easy one. The Colorado Rockies are a team that blew their chances of coming up with something decent WITH THE MOST UNIQUE COLOR SCHEME IN MLB! So this one should be easy, right?

For starters, the logo is supposed to be a mountain scene with a black night, purple mountains, and white/silver outlines. I did not know which combination looked best so I included them both. The baseball is there to act as an avalanche. I wish I could get rid of that horrible font, but I really don't know how to make a custom font. I did the best with what I was given. I did not want to get rid of the "sickle" in side the script because that would make it even more boring. I wanted the font to be purple/black so it would at least be unique.

I wanted the jerseys to be purple with black accents. I wanted the silver to be lessened massively, but I do think that works as a great trim color with the scripts. I wanted purple to be more of a home color(with the purple pinstripes and purple alternate) and black to be the road color(with no purple pinstripes and a black alternate).

vphts2.png

244663c.png

344waog.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Nice job on the Rockies. A couple suggestions:

1. It's a little odd having both hat selections be two-tone. Nothing wrong with it, but I can't recall any team (other than the orioles) doing it.

2. If you're gonna go with a purple hat at home, make the socks purple. Theres nothing wrong with making the home and road socks a different color.

3. The uniforms seem a little naked without a number on the front. Worth a try..

Nice work though, can't wait to see more!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Nice job on the Rockies. A couple suggestions:

1. It's a little odd having both hat selections be two-tone. Nothing wrong with it, but I can't recall any team (other than the orioles) doing it.

2. If you're gonna go with a purple hat at home, make the socks purple. Theres nothing wrong with making the home and road socks a different color.

3. The uniforms seem a little naked without a number on the front. Worth a try..

Nice work though, can't wait to see more!

- Made primary cap two-tone with a full-color purple cap for purple alternate.

- Made home socks purple

- Added front numbers

- I'm going to try to make the numbers the same font as the lettering. The blocky type doesn't look good with it IMO.

2hrolc2.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

-As Fox said, a number on the front would help

-The purple jersey is so plain. Add some piping to bring out the purple and tie the jersey together

-Great logo. All I would do is make it look like it' flying (add "trail" lines like the Dodgers), because right now it looks like it was randomly placed there. Also, I'd like to see that logo tried with the circle being a baseball, like the Mets (taking out the baseball on the logo, of course). Not that I feel that's necessary, but it would be col to see and he, it might turn out better.

-As Fox said, a number on the front would help

-The purple jersey is so plain. Add some piping to bring out the purple and tie the jersey together

-Great logo. All I would do is make it look like it' flying (add "trail" lines like the Dodgers), because right now it looks like it was randomly placed there. Also, I'd like to see that logo tried with the circle being a baseball, like the Mets (taking out the baseball on the logo, of course). Not that I feel that's necessary, but it would be col to see and he, it might turn out better.

I would have added black piping, but I'm not sure how it would look with pinstriped pants. In other words, I always thought that it was piping or pinstripes for the pants, and that it couldn't be both. Here it is anyway:

1fiyx2.png

I will update the logo tomorrow and consider the Mets idea. Now that I think about it, it does look like a Mets logo :D. Thanks.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Wow, I honestly have to say that this logo you're about to see is one that I'm really proud of. BigBubba suggested this and I tried it out, because in my league, the Mets logo doesn't have the "baseball around the city" design, and therefore it would not be ripping off the Mets. Here it is along with the one ran though vector magic:

qqs7if.png

xgmwd2.png

While I'm at it, since you guys(Fox and BigBubba) are awesome with C&C, I was wondering if I could get your opinions on these ones. The first one for the Padres included a custom-made script. I stopped working on it a month ago because of thow one-sided it looks.

b5r8ld.png

But then I saw this, so maybe there's a chance of salvaging it.

681.gif

Also, here's an Astros logo I was working on.

n13tzm.png

So my question is, should I salvage any of these logos? If so, which parts? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

{DO NOT DIRECTLY REPLY TO THIS. TOO MANY IMAGES.}

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived