BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

Great pick by Billy B.'s Cubs, however. Schmidt was the first third baseman picked, and is an absolute Cubs killer! He hit like half of his home runs in Wrigley. So, in this fantasy dimension, Schmidt would do very well on Billy B.'s Cubs. Excellent steal.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pick by Billy B.'s Cubs, however. Schmidt was the first third baseman picked, and is an absolute Cubs killer! He hit like half of his home runs in Wrigley. So, in this fantasy dimension, Schmidt would do very well on Billy B.'s Cubs. Excellent steal.

Billy is going to be pleased, he got his top two targets in Lefty Grove and Mike Schmidt.

Nash61: you're crazy. I can name 3 SPs, and 1 RP, of more value than Plank. But that doesn't mean it was a terrible pick. Just a questionable one, in my opinion.

I would say its a bit of a reach.

I don't think anyone was going after Plank for awhile.

Nash61: you're crazy. I can name 3 SPs, and 1 RP, of more value than Plank. But that doesn't mean it was a terrible pick. Just a questionable one, in my opinion.

Actually, he was my next pick. :cry:

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Look at all the great pitchers still available. All three have over 310 wins, and all 3 didn't play in the Dead Ball Era.

25yzwqg.png

Nash61: you're crazy. I can name 3 SPs, and 1 RP, of more value than Plank.

Well, you also think Cy Young is the best pitcher ever, so who's the crazy one now? :P

Also, win/loss isn't a great way of judging individual pitchers. It's an arbitrary, archaic stat that tells you more about the offense than the pitcher. It's also needlessly complicated, taking up five bullet points' worth (some with 2+ subpoints) of different scenarios and exceptions in the MLB rulebook.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Picks are already going much faster today.

I may even get to pick twice!!!

It was fun while it lasted. Nash has been MIA for over six hours, so I doubt we'll see a round get done today.

Sorry, I was at church. Didn't rush because the clock is off on Sundays.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Look at all the great pitchers still available. All three have over 310 wins, and all 3 didn't play in the Dead Ball Era.

Oh, I know. I only know of two that you speak of.

Nash61: you're crazy. I can name 3 SPs, and 1 RP, of more value than Plank.

Well, you also think Cy Young is the best pitcher ever, so who's the crazy one now? :P

I don't think he's the best pitcher ever. Just that he's better than Roger Clemens, who would have faded late in his career if it weren't for the steroids keeping him strong. Yes, he was still great, but not as great (and durable) as Cy Young.

25yzwqg.png

Looking again, there's four. You've got some options.

25yzwqg.png

Looking again, there's four. You've got some options.

Yup, got all four.

I don't think he's the best pitcher ever. Just that he's better than Roger Clemens

When you're facing joke hitting, then you can't really claim to be the best. Remember my analogy to the college QB that puts up Heisman-level numbers against a schedule of only cupcakes?

Yeah, the cupcake reference. How could I ever forget it?

Little known fact: Cy Young could hit (18 career home runs in the Dead Ball Era).

25yzwqg.png

Archived