BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

I believe I'm up after Yessir. It's now 1:45 am. If he picks between now and 9am, I will be making my pick around 11 am tomorrow. Sorry for any delay I may cause but I believe I'll still be within the time limit right? Anyway, no later than 11 tomorrow. Maybe sooner.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me right now its between taking another pitcher or two position players.

My top three best available are pitchers. There's also two poistion players I'm looking at. One guy I think might even hold up to the next round but I have some players coming up at his position, the other not so much. Every pick so far I've simply taken the best guy available but this might be the first time I deviate from that strategy. I got two picks in front of me and I'm hoping both take pitchers to make my decision an easy one, but we'll see what happens.

Dexter also sent me in his picks last night saying he may or may not be here today, so what I'm going to do when its his turn is to give him an hour and if he doesen't show then I'm just picking for him.

For me right now its between taking another pitcher or two position players.

My top three best available are pitchers. There's also two poistion players I'm looking at. One guy I think might even hold up to the next round but I have some players coming up at his position, the other not so much. Every pick so far I've simply taken the best guy available but this might be the first time I deviate from that strategy. I got two picks in front of me and I'm hoping both take pitchers to make my decision an easy one, but we'll see what happens.

Dexter also sent me in his picks last night saying he may or may not be here today, so what I'm going to do when its his turn is to give him an hour and if he doesen't show then I'm just picking for him.

There's a chance I'm probably going to take one of the pitchers you're talking about.

BB52Big.jpg

New time limit rules are today as well. You have 5 hours to make your pick, no exceptions.

If you can't make it send in your picks. I'll be here all day and will pick for people if need be. Don't send them to Dexter for now unless he shows up because you may get skipped over.

I have my pick in (Gaylord Perry).

He was my number three overall. So yes decision made slightly easier now.

Infrared is now on the clock, then me.

After that order goes as follows:

oddball

brushimania

KDudK414

Dexter Morgan

north dakota

scottysprings

AnythingChicago

I also may have to duck out later, but it will only be for two hours at the most. If you do send your picks in to me they will be made on time. Dexter cannot make that guarantee today so do not send them to him for now.

The Crawfords take Bob Gibson. Really surprised he's still there. I rolled the dice three times on not taking him. I wasn't about to roll them a fourth time. He was actually under consideration as my first pick. Was he one of the pitchers you were looking at pmoehrin?

EDIT: and pmoehrin takes my first choice at SS. Excellent pick. Surprised he lasted this long too.

BB52Big.jpg

The Crawfords take Bob Gibson. Really surprised he's still there. I rolled the dice three times on not taking him. I wasn't about to roll them a fourth time. He was actually under consideration as my first pick. Was he one of the pitchers you were looking at pmoehrin?

No he wasn't. One is pretty obvious, the other not so much. I had Gibson 7th overall for pitchers available but there's a couple guys in front of him that I say are debatable.

To me he's clearly a dominating HOF pitcher, but he loses points for being in the golden age of the pitcher. Like the steroid hitters of today, I view those stats as inflated statistics.

Banks is the guy I had rated lower and going sooner, but I don't see much depth coming up at his poistion which is why I took him. I had him #2 overall for shortstops.

I will send in a list of picks to Dexter, as I will be gone for a few hours this afternoon. It may not be a problem, but I'll send 'em in just in case.

Hopefully, I can steal a pitcher or two here that shouldn't have fallen down this far.

25yzwqg.png

I will send in a list of picks to Dexter, as I will be gone for a few hours this afternoon. It may not be a problem, but I'll send 'em in just in case.

Hopefully, I can steal a pitcher or two here that shouldn't have fallen down this far.

Please don't send them to Dexter today. I don't know when he will be here and you may get skipped over. Send them either to me or someone who you know will be here.

I'm not saying it again.

You send your picks into Dexter no guarantee your pick will be in on time today and it will be your fault becuase this is the third time today that I've posted this reminder.

To me he's clearly a dominating HOF pitcher, but he loses points for being in the golden age of the pitcher. Like the steroid hitters of today, I view those stats as inflated statistics.

7th eh? Interesting. I had Gibson at number two on my list. Right behind Lefty Grove. Stats are great and all, but I think Bob Gibson's attitude is what would have made him successful in any era. Same with Lefty Grove. I want "killers" on the mound.

BB52Big.jpg

Please don't send them to Dexter today. I don't know when he will be here and you may get skipped over. Send them either to me or someone who you know will be here.

I'm not saying it again.

Okay, I'm sending to you. His inbox is full anyways.

25yzwqg.png

7th eh? Interesting. I had Gibson at number two on my list. Right behind Lefty Grove. Stats are great and all, but I think Bob Gibson's attitude is what would have made him successful in any era. Same with Lefty Grove. I want "killers" on the mound.

Some of the guys in front of him have name value, some don't. All but one is in the HOF though.

I'm not saying it again.

Okay, I'm sending to you. His inbox is full anyways.

Anyone giving me their picks if they aren't sure if they will show or not will get one hour to show up when its their turn before I pick for them.

If you know you aren't going to be here though please say so, so I can just pick automatically when your turn comes up and speed things up some.

I really like the Bob Gibson pick. That's who I was taking if Grove was gone. I never saw him play, but that's the one guy I'd never want to step into the box against.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My internet connection has been shaky. I'm looking for someone to send my picks to. I'd say for you to pick 10 minutes before my time on the clock runs out. Just to be safe, in case the connection acts up again.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

My internet connection has been shaky. I'm looking for someone to send my picks to. I'd say for you to pick 10 minutes before my time on the clock runs out. Just to be safe, in case the connection acts up again.

If you give them to me I'll give you an hour. That's about it. The pace of this draft needs to pick up.

Oddbal is already coming up on the halfway point of his five hours and will get skipped if he goes over. He can still pick at any point, but brushimania will be allowed to pick.

If you give them to me I'll give you an hour. That's about it. The pace of this draft needs to pick up.

Oddbal is already coming up on the halfway point of his five hours and will get skipped if he goes over. He can still pick at any point, but brushimania will be allowed to pick.

Actually, I found what went wrong. The network plug was lose, I feel a little stupid. :rolleyes:

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived