BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss anybody?

PLAYERS TAKEN

1. Round 1.
  2. Willie Mays
  3. Ty Cobb
  4. Babe Ruth
  5. Ted Williams
  6. Hank Aaron
  7. Barry Bonds
  8. Sandy Koufax
  9. Walter Johnson
  10. Lou Gehrig
  11. Stan Musial
  12. Roger Clemens
  13. Satchel Paige
  14. Josh Gibson
  15. Joe DiMaggio
  16. Jimmie Foxx
    Round 2.
  17. Christy Mathewson
  18. Pete Rose
  19. Ken Griffey, Jr.
  20. Mickey Mantle
  21. Sadaharu Oh
  22. Honus Wagner
  23. Johnny Bench
  24. Warren Spahn
  25. Reggie Jackson
  26. Rogers Hornsby
  27. Nolan Ryan
  28. Alex Rodriguez
  29. Cy Young
  30. Tris Speaker
  31. Greg Maddux

Round 3.
  32. Yogi Berra
  33. Randy Johnson
  34. Mark McGwire
  35. Grover Cleveland Alexander
  36. Roberto Clemente
  37. Tom Seaver
  38. Rickey Henderson
  39. Eddie Collins
  40. Frank Robinson
  41. Charlie Gehringer
  42. Ichiro Suzuki
  43. Bob Feller
  44. Lefty Grove
  45. Cal Ripken, Jr.
  46. Nap Lajoie
    Round 4.
  47. Roy Campanella
  48. Eddie Plank
  49. Mike Schmidt
  50. Mike Piazza
  51. Kirby Puckett.
  52. Gaylord Perry
  53. Bob Gibson
  54. Ernie Banks
  55. Ivan Rodriguez
  56. George Brett
  57. Albert Pujols
  58. Steve Carlton
  59. Hank Greenberg
  60. Mordecai Brown
  61. Mariano Rivera

I hope ND is aware that Hank Greenberg spent the majority of his career as a first baseman, not an outfielder and doesen't qualify for outfield either with the number of games he played.

So you just got yourself a top notch DH there in either McGwire or Greenberg.

I hope ND is aware that Hank Greenberg spent the majority of his career as a first baseman, not an outfielder and doesen't qualify for outfield either with the number of games he played.

So you just got yourself a top notch DH there in either McGwire or Greenberg.

I think he's just picking the best player he thinks is available, regardless of position.

25yzwqg.png

Carlton was my pick if someone grabbed Gibson. Nice work Dex.

I was wavering between Gibson and Carlton, but Gibson was nabbed, so it made my decision easier. There is also another pitcher I considered, who's still on the board. If he falls to me in the 6th round I'll take him, but I need a bat in the 5th.

This thing is getting tougher with each round.

Most of your name guys now are gone. Still a few left but there's going to be even less after this round.

I'd say the two positions so far that people have been reaching for are outfielder and catcher. Outfield has depth to it, and while catcher doesen't have alot of depth either, its not as thin as most people here seem to think.

There are a lot of "name guys" left on my list. The tough part, for me at least, is trying to decide which position to address first. Do I grab the best available or do I take a player at the top of my position chart? If I go best available then I may lose my top guy at another position etc. That's what I was talking about. There are plenty of good players left. It's when to draft them that is getting tricky.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

This thing is getting tougher with each round.

Most of your name guys now are gone. Still a few left but there's going to be even less after this round.

I'd say the two positions so far that people have been reaching for are outfielder and catcher. Outfield has depth to it, and while catcher doesen't have alot of depth either, its not as thin as most people here seem to think.

There are a lot of "name guys" left on my list. The tough part, for me at least, is trying to decide which position to address first. Do I grab the best available or do I take a player at the top of my position chart? If I go best available then I may lose my top guy at another position etc. That's what I was talking about. There are plenty of good players left. It's when to draft them that is getting tricky.

Same here. It's hard to find a position. I don't know whether to pick a position that is being picked a lot or a position that I really need.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

The two things I've been looking at are name value and upcoming depth.

Ernie Banks was going to go very quickly if I hadn't chosen him and I only have one other shortstop ranked in the top 25 right now. He also gives me a legit option at first base, and I only see one other person who I have coming up as a first baseman and I know he ain't lasting long. He should be going about now anyway, so I can't say he's a reach either.

After he goes its a huge dropoff to the next best available for first base.

And the guy I thought was going to last this long has as well. We'll see if he gets back to me or not.

scotty not making a great first impression. still has time though.

I don't know if you read what I said earlier, but I propose that we do a draft day were the time limit between picks would go down to half an hour or so, but just for that day.

The five hour limits has made things better, but people I think are just going to take however long you give them. That was the problem with the 24 hour clock. People just don't care about anyone else and they technically following the rules.

If we can get at least 12 owners to commit to a date I see no reason not to do it. It should allow us to bang out three rounds or so in a day, which we need badly if we want to get this done before fantasy football drafts start up.

scotty not making a great first impression. still has time though.

I don't know if you read what I said earlier, but I propose that we do a draft day were the time limit between picks would go down to half an hour or so, but just for that day.

The five hour limits has made things better, but people I think are just going to take however long you give them. That was the problem with the 24 hour clock. People just don't care about anyone else and they technically following the rules.

If we can get at least 12 owners to commit to a date I see no reason not to do it. It should allow us to bang out three rounds or so in a day, which we need badly if we want to get this done before fantasy football drafts start up.

That's way to much of a burden, I don't think I could even do that. I don't sit home all day any day.

I think one of the things people are forgetting is that people have jobs where they can't always make it to the computer every 5 minutes. Also remember that when you guys start picking at 9 am, that is 6 am for someone on the west coast and if they work late the night before, don't get your panties in a wad if they get to bed at 3 am and get up at 11 am. I think 5 hours is plenty of time. Just learn to relax and have fun with this.

Archived