BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Willie a vegan? :lol:

No, but we share the same birthday, so there will be a rockin' owner-best player celebration on May 6. Free steaks for all!

Oh, and our new stadium will be a modern replica of Polo Grounds. It will replace the current Salisbury, MD minor league stadium, and will have Salisbury steak vendors instead of hot dog vendors.

25yzwqg.png

Gah! Curse you, random.org! :P

That's alright though, the benefit of an all-time draft is that it's hard to go wrong, even with the last pick :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Just a question about drafting relief pitchers.

Could I potentially draft somebody like a Brad Penny as a relief pitcher even though he has never been a reliever at any point in his career, or does anyone I draft as a reliever have to at least spent some time in their career as a relief pitcher? And by time spent I would say at least 3 full seasons, and I would say they would also have to be pure relief pitchers as well, meaning no more then 5 starts in a season and at least 20 games pitched in said season.

John Smoltz I wouldn't have an issue with somebody justifing as a relief pitcher, Johan Santana not so much.

Steaks unis to come tomorrow, y'all. Mays is gonna be rockin' in the things I have planned.

Here's the home uni. I originally had a big fork for the pant striping, but decided it was too much.

steakshome.png

Road uni to be unveiled later on with the 30th pick.

25yzwqg.png

Just a question about drafting relief pitchers.

Could I potentially draft somebody like a Brad Penny as a relief pitcher even though he has never been a reliever at any point in his career, or does anyone I draft as a reliever have to at least spent some time in their career as a relief pitcher? And by time spent I would say at least 3 full seasons.

You can draft 1 long reliever who has no experience in the bullpen. Other than that, the closer must have experience closing and the rest of the pen must have experiance as a bullpen pitcher.

Nice pick, north dakota. He can hit AND pitch for you.

Wait, I have a question, Dexter. Are we playing old style rules with no DH, even for the AL? I hope so.

I'm going to leave that up to the teams. You don't have to draft a DH if you don't want to, you can draft an extra pitcher instead or an extra bench player.

Interesting pick, Bruschi. I find it hard to believe that Barry Bonds is of more value than Cy Young, Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, Tris Speaker, Micky Mantle, Mel Ott, Roberto Clemente or even Ken Griffey Jr., but a good pick nonetheless. You picked the Bonds that was on steroids, right? ;)

25yzwqg.png

Gah! Curse you, random.org! :P

That's alright though, the benefit of an all-time draft is that it's hard to go wrong, even with the last pick :)

Plus you get the 15th and 16th pick.

Ha! I didn't even think of that, maybe I'm a little lucky after all :P

I, too, am suprised a pitcher hasn't been taken yet. Will offense take over the first round?

EDIT: Quick question, if I may - I realize the title of the draft is "MLB All-Time Draft", so does this mean that Negro League players are unavaliable to pick from?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived