Yellow Hockey Pants

beesharps

Not often (or ever) that you see a full yellow (gold) uniform from head to toe, but the Toronto Bulldogs wore just that the recent Brick Novice Invitational in Edmonton:

Here's some more pics:

Brick Invitational at WEM's Ice Palace

The Bruins had a short-lived experiment with gold (yellow) breezers

4799262853_951ab94d09_b.jpgnormal.jpg

Boston Bruins

1958-59

A slight change to the sleeve striping on the gold jersey, and numbers are added to the sleeves. Also, the team introduces gold pants which are worn only on a few occasions.

Bruins18.png

Not often (or ever) that you see a full yellow (gold) uniform from head to toe, but the Toronto Bulldogs wore just that the recent Brick Novice Invitational in Edmonton:

1310302090564_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Forget the yellow pants. Check out the kid stomping on the back of his teammate's leg! Ouch!

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really hope this doesn't start a trend. Hell, red pants get a sweat-through look after a game, I wouldn't want to wear anything as light as gold lol.

Niagara University (NCAA DI) has been using silver pants for a few years now

Niagara-Hockey.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You'd think pants technology has advanced to the point where you can wear white or yellow without looking gross.

Silver (or is that grey?) looks pretty cool too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You'd think pants technology has advanced to the point where you can wear white or yellow without looking gross.

Silver (or is that grey?) looks pretty cool too.

In person, it's actually a shiny silver. Looks worse with their black jerseys, but i couldn't find a photo. That's probably the worst part about light pants, pairing them with dark jerseys and socks.

Though why does it work with football and baseball? White pants are prevalent and accepted in both sports. Anybody have thoughts on why?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

silver pants look awesome, i think. i think one of the main things keeping hockey uniforms from being even cooler is the lack of unique color on hockey pants.

all yellow, however... as displayed by the kings below... not so much awesome. much better with the purple pants.

Kingsgold.jpg

I've actually been looking around to buy some breezers.

I have dark blue pants, but I play in 2 leagues (both have uniform rules, surprisingly) and one team wears the Washington colors (hence the blue pants) and the other wears something similar to the (now) old LA Kings uniform, with purple, black and, silver. They have talked about moving to the gold with gold pants just to be different.

Anyone know a place to get some of these? Pro Hockey Life and Source for Sports were useless

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Forget the yellow pants. Check out the kid stomping on the back of his teammate's leg! Ouch!

And that's why dogpiles in hockey games are a bad idea.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

And that's why dogpiles in hockey games are a bad idea.

Very bad idea. My coach wanted a picture of us doing that after a championship win....I almost lost the tip of my finger. Millimeters away thankfully, so I ended up with stitches.

But as for the pants, I'm all for trying new colors every now and then. But not as a permanent set

Manchester-City-icon.png

No kidding. Let this be a lesson: dog piles are dangerous for those not on top. Some how I feel this could be a life lesson elsewhere, but I'm not sure. Help?

Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance? Is a hockey team getting into a dogpile a bad idea?

Archived