NHL uniform concept thread

andrew.

Which brings me to answering your question, it really is different for everybody, some are really into originality, some are into protecting "sacred" designs and not changing iconic ones, but I think the key is being realistic. Make sure the NHL could use it on the ice. Blatant disregard for modern NHL rules, like gold jerseys no longer being allowed at home, are things that really make me think poorly of a concept. Major bonus points for if you're original, yet stay within the bounds of realism, which I think you did really well with the St. Louis concepts. Keep that kind of stuff up, and you'll do well around here. Oh, and NEVER PLAGIARIZE WORK! This includes clipart in any way, shape, or form. This board never lets that stuff go. Keep up the good work!

0623-nsh-jerseysleaked.jpg

just sayin.

ohsnap1.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which brings me to answering your question, it really is different for everybody, some are really into originality, some are into protecting "sacred" designs and not changing iconic ones, but I think the key is being realistic. Make sure the NHL could use it on the ice. Blatant disregard for modern NHL rules, like gold jerseys no longer being allowed at home, are things that really make me think poorly of a concept. Major bonus points for if you're original, yet stay within the bounds of realism, which I think you did really well with the St. Louis concepts. Keep that kind of stuff up, and you'll do well around here. Oh, and NEVER PLAGIARIZE WORK! This includes clipart in any way, shape, or form. This board never lets that stuff go. Keep up the good work!

just sayin.

ohsnap1.gif

Alright, you caught me. I was still thinking white-at-home NHL. Usually it's Kings concepts that are the worst at that, with a purple jersey and a gold jersey, and that just isn't allowed anymore. Whereas the NCAA, which still wears white at home, allows for white, gold, yellow, and baby blue to be worn at home.

You're right, that's my bad.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

just sayin.

ohsnap1.gif

Alright, you caught me. I was still thinking white-at-home NHL. Usually it's Kings concepts that are the worst at that, with a purple jersey and a gold jersey, and that just isn't allowed anymore. Whereas the NCAA, which still wears white at home, allows for white, gold, yellow, and baby blue to be worn at home.

You're right, that's my bad.

or as i call them Laker sets. Boston did this when they had the winnie the pooh gold jerseys. first time i saw this was them playing the oilers in their at the time road jersey when it was still white at home and colors on road. i always get a kick out of games like that.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived