State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

This gives me a chance to display what has been stirring in my head for over 10 years. One day in class, i had an idea... a United States Hockey Tournament. I had the whole thing figured out, had a system to figure out the winners, had a logo for all the states and the tournament itself...

There were qualifiers, round robins, and finally brackets. It was all devised and contained in my Social Studies notebook. I went through seven tournaments before i eventually stopped doing it. But i still have thought about it, and have wanted to bring it back. I think this is the setting to bring the ol' bastard back...

:hockeysmiley: Oh i wanna see what this is about, sounds interesting!

Good concepts GUYS! :notworthy:

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job on the New Mexico ones--they do have a great state flag...

People in my grade 6 class thought this was Mexico's new flag, so I made fun of them.

The End.

ICS

These look fantastic. I am very impressed the way you have made the looks diverse from one another. Great imagination!

The New Mexico ones are great, they would look awesome with the yellow sweaters and socks against the red pants...

Great work!!!

Let's see some more!

grc

yanks_sig.gif

Just one question on otherwise great unis there Roger--why doesn't the cross continue on the jersey backs?

my guess would be number visibility

the all star uniforms from the 2000 game in toronto had the belly stripe on front, but not on the back, mainly because of the numbers

Oh, and I'm not rooting against the Sharks, just for the Flames...

I see the possibility of what you suggest for the numbers--I'm not sure if it would mess these ones up, but maybe it would--so Roger did you try it with the full cross & decide against it--I know I have seen this idea done on other unis than the ones Shark has referenced....

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The reason I abandoned the full cross was because when I did it exactly like the front, with the shield removed, it wasn't a real cross. It was more like two V's that were just touching at the vertexes. It would be obscured by a single digit number, but any double digit numbers would have it really visible and it would look terrible. I know that the cross on the actual Nova Scotia flag is a real cross behind the shield, but any attempt I tried at making a real cross would look really uneven.

I also considered having the stripe in the back just stop at the sleeve and then go straight across the back, but nothing could be done with it. It'd be too low to put the name on it, and would look strange having just the tops of the numbers overlapping it. I figure just having a V half way up the back of a jersey was original and nifty.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Okay...

And I did say I liked them...

Shark--nice job on the Alaska ones too, I'm not always a fan of the font on the jersey--it can feel like copping out, but the use of the Big Dipper & north star make it work...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived