What the heck is happening?

Braden

I honestly thought that the Flames would just give the Sharks a hard time, but I thought the Sharks would do better against Calgary than this. The bottom line is that Calgary took advantage of their chances and maintained momentum with an extremely hot goalie. If they keep this up... could we be getting out the brooms? The next two games are in Calgary you know...

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I have no idea. I picked Calgary to win this series, but I didn't think they would do it with such relative ease, which it has been at this point. This can't possibly be the same Sharks team that beat Colorado -- can it be? Sure as hell doesn't look like it. There goaltending, and hard work have been keys in this series -- Both teams advanced partially because of goaltending last series' -- however, i don't think either team can afford to attempt to ride hot goaltending all the way through.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here in San Jose we are extremely disappointed. The defense (or defence) of the Sharks completely collapsed midway through the 3rd allowing Calgary to score their final 2 goals on 2-on-1's.

I do look at it this way though. Team Teal has only once been on a 3-game losing streak all season, and in the four series where the franchise was down 0-2, they came back to win Game 3, three out of four times. They also evened the series in two of those occasions.

Key thing is San Jose MUST win Thursday. That makes it 2-1 and makes the back-to-back home-at-homes for Game 4 and Game 5 all the more intriguing.

I will say this though, the Flames fans that came down to San Jose, 100% class act. Talked with them throughout and nothing but respect for them.

BTW, I gotta upload it but I got a pic of Don Cherry and Ron MacLean leaving the Tank and as they left Grapes came to me and said, "nice nickname Puckguy!" and gave me a thumbs up! WOOO HOOO!

I also got a pic of the ESPN guys at the broadcast pit after the game. I'll post the pics as soon as possible

Also, if I can request that no one does the "die Sharks die" thing in here. I know you guys are excited but come on, I guarantee myself, and maybe even ICS wouldn't do it if SJ was up 2-0. I get enough grief from the Flames fans on the Sharks web site.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Don't worry about me as far as Flames fans go, we know what it's like to be down--so we're less likely to be obnoxious...I'm glad the Flames fans down there were well recieved--I've heard that from other sources--still I enjoyed the game, and while I don't think the Sharks will just give up, I would love to see a sweep, although I certainly don't expect that will happen Well however it ends I do believe we're in for some great hockey wwith the games closer than game 2--I am pleasantly surprised by the Flames--I knew they'd do well, but they're doing great. Game 3 goes Thursday...

Go Flames...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So must win for which team?

Seriously, it is very inportant for both teams--the Sharks have more urgency, but it wil be a tougher game, I do believe...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Finally! My 100th post!

The sharks are in a must-win situation. That's good for then because now they should have more momentun (or pressure). Look to see the sharks play like when they were killing the avs. Whether they will win or lose will depend on calgary's ability to remain in the game under more pressure than usual. I think the sharks will take game 3, but unfortunately, i think their time this year is almost over.

But when it comes down the line, it does ever matter who wins this series. Tampa will beat philadelphia and then they will beat whoever makes it to the finals in the west.

Dayam. The Flames are much better than their record says. This team is solid. They're for real. It's scary how fast a team can turn it on and get the engines burning after 15 years of obscurity. 'Grats to the Flames, and good luck to the Sharks as they try to bounce back.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

One of the announcers on ESPN last night I think said something along the lines of "Guess what people, the Flames are GOOD! In case you've been living in relative obscurity for the first two rounds of the playoffs."

For me I'm excited. I've followed the Flames as my only real favorite NHL team. I also midly support all the recent expansion teams (Atlanta, Nashville, Columbus, Minnesota with Minnesota being my second favorite NHL team).

Go Flames!

sig09.jpg

"Guess what people, the Flames are GOOD! In case you've been living in relative obscurity for the first two rounds of the playoffs."

That applies to about 99% of the US

I saw, I came, I left.

game three is going to be the make or break game in this one. If SanJose gets teh W, that brings them right back into it, but if calgary trumps them again, the Sharks are in a tight spot. I can't wait to hear how loud teh Saddledome is tonight

But the question is fellas, can they be as good next year??? We have had Minnesota, Chicago, and Anaheim within the past few years make the playoffs, but the next year suck completely. Can they be good next year?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I guarantee you both SJ and CGY are hoping PHI and TB goes 7 games now. This is going to be a series talked about for years. Flames and Sharks fans, hoist one up for both teams, they're going ALL OUT.

I get the joy of going to Game 5, tomorrow night which will be a LONG LONG day. Here's my schedule, (all times PDT)

5:00 am: Wake up

5:20 am: Wake up for real :P

6:00 am: Start shift

3:00 pm: End shift

3:40 pm: Leave for San Jose

4:35 pm: Arrive in HP Pavilion Employee Parking Lot

4:50 pm: Get inside the Shark Tank

5:00 pm: Pre game meeting

5:30 pm: Starting handing out (unknown giveaway)

7:00 pm: Game 5 begins (still handing out giveaway)

7:20 pm: Get to my seat

???? pm/am: Drive home

It's a long day ahead, but so worth it!!!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not mistaken, I recall hearing that the only time ever in the history of professional and minor league North American sports that the visiting team has won every game in a 7-game series was the 1992 AHL Calder Cup Finals. It must have sucked having tickets to that.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived