Mitchell and Ness 50% off

The Fonz

I'm assuming I'm among the last to make this discovery, but the A's used to have the same number font currently used by Boston? Was it a common number font? They seem to be identical, other than Oakland's having a displaced outline:

7229_419_68CHUNT_1_M.jpg7229_402_75CFIS1_1_M.jpg

What we consider "Red Sox font" was an extremely common font in the Flannel Era (the Yankees even wore it once) & has been worn sporadically in the last 40 years by ANA, OAK, & CHW. I don't think anyone has assigned an official name for it, so everyone just calls it "Red Sox font" since we only see it commonly now on Boston.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

So did the Yankees - that was Babe Ruth's number font. Brooklyn Dodgers too, for many years.

It is, or was, the propriety font for McAuliffe, a uniform supplier. Teams that bought from McAuliffe used that font.

I've seen 1970s Brewers jerseys with it, but can't confirm they actually wore McAuliffe on the field.

One of the things I read in the MLB Game Worn Jerseys of the Double-Knit era PDF was that clubs would frequently change manufacturers up until recently, and many manufacturers would use their proprietary font by default. So, the A's jersey was due to McAuliffe supplying their uniforms that year, and the Sand-Knit font was used through the same practice.

VmWIn6B.png

Sale is over now. Dammit, I had Hank Aaron in my cart.

They'll do it again..they have 50% and 40% sales very often.

How do you find out about these? Email list?

Been lusting after that Brewers track jacket all year, but not at $125.

Like their page on facebook. and you'll get newsfeed updates when they do sales.

they did a 50% sale almost exactly 1 year ago that's when i got my 83 blue strawberry jersey.

they did a 40% for fathers day, didn't get anything then.

I can't wait to get this bp jacket though.

New York Mets & New York Jets

Archived