Atlanta Thrashers Jersey Sale

charger77

It's ASG...what would you expect? Now i wish i had thrown my hat on the ice for Boulton....just saw it for $5 on ebay after i paid $20 in arena

True, but when we stopped in there before the SEC Championship Game next door in December, I bought like $900 worth of Thrashers and Hawks jerseys and shirts for less than $200, so I was expecting to do the same. Instead, didn't find one single thing on sale in the whole store.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Atlanta right now, I'm gonna be checking in and around Phillips Arena on Monday

There's the Philips Arena "Team Gear" Store, which is open during the week (10-5?), and is reached through the CNN food court. I called them last week, and they told me they had removed all of the Thrash stuff, but hey, IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE FROM THE ATLANTA SPIRIT LIED TO US....

But anyways, let us know if you (or anybody) else stumbles across any good sales....

Funny thing is, when I was there two weeks ago, they still had all of the Thrashers stuff at full price.

It's ASG...what would you expect? Now i wish i had thrown my hat on the ice for Boulton....just saw it for $5 on ebay after i paid $20 in arena

I'm going tomorrow for sure, Ill let you guys know what I see!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm in Atlanta right now, I'm gonna be checking in and around Phillips Arena on Monday

There's the Philips Arena "Team Gear" Store, which is open during the week (10-5?), and is reached through the CNN food court. I called them last week, and they told me they had removed all of the Thrash stuff, but hey, IT WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE FROM THE ATLANTA SPIRIT LIED TO US....

But anyways, let us know if you (or anybody) else stumbles across any good sales....

Funny thing is, when I was there two weeks ago, they still had all of the Thrashers stuff at full price.

I'm going tomorrow for sure, Ill let you guys know what I see!

take pics if you dont mind of concourse or w/e

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

There are no Thrashers items for sale in the arena. You're wasting your time going, at least in terms of going to buy stuff.

The Braves store in CNN might have Thrashers jerseys, but that's a very big might. You're better off locating Thrashers gear in a local Sports Authority.

As dumb as it sounds, Atlanta Spirit had to assume that the Thrashers were staying in Atlanta until the NHL approved the sale. So they couldn't just have a fire sale on merchandise.

Literally, as soon as the sale was approved, that's when Thrashers gear was taken out of the store. That's how badly the Atlanta Spirit wanted to wash their hands of the Thrashers.

The only items in the arena with Thrashers logos are the directional signs in the building, and those can't be taken down until replacement signs are delivered and installed.

As dumb as it sounds, Atlanta Spirit had to assume that the Thrashers were staying in Atlanta until the NHL approved the sale. So they couldn't just have a fire sale on merchandise.

Literally, as soon as the sale was approved, that's when Thrashers gear was taken out of the store. That's how badly the Atlanta Spirit wanted to wash their hands of the Thrashers.

They were practically having a fire sale on merchandise in December, so I figured they'd still be doing so in June. My mistake.

"Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately at this time, there have been inventory issues and the item(s) you ordered were unable to be shipped. Your order has been canceled and your credit card has not been charged.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding while we update our inventory."

:evil:

Soooo, there goes my order. Kinda pissed. I really wanted one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

"Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately at this time, there have been inventory issues and the item(s) you ordered were unable to be shipped. Your order has been canceled and your credit card has not been charged.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding while we update our inventory."

try buying from a wholesale distributor.

Braves.jpg

try buying from a wholesale distributor.

try buying from a counterfeiter*

spacer.png

spacer.png

So I went to the CNN Center/Philips Arena, and went to the store. I asked the lady if they had any Atlanta Thrashers stuff and she said, "No, it's all gone, its so sad." I walked around the store to make sure, and sure enough, it was all gone. I did take some pictures of the signs and storefront like you guys wanted.

Photo0449.jpg

Photo0448.jpg

Photo0447.jpg

Photo0446.jpg

Photo0452.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

If I say I hope that every member of the Atlanta Spirit dies a horrible death, would that be too strong?

hell no.

The ownership would rather have the Spirit than the Thrashers? Or they just couldn't unload the Spirit as well?

The ownership group itself is called "Spirit". The WNBA team is called (shudder) "Dream".

By the way, is that a deliberate MLK reference? That would seem to fit in with certain other moves by ASG.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The ownership group itself is called "Spirit". The WNBA team is called (shudder) "Dream".

By the way, is that a deliberate MLK reference? That would seem to fit in with certain other moves by ASG.

Actually, ASG (Atlanta Stupid Group) does not own any part of the Dream. The Dream are just tenants in Philips.

Regarding teams name/origin etc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Dream#The_Dream_for_a_New_Team

Braves.jpg

Actually, ASG (Atlanta Stupid Group) does not own any part of the Dream. The Dream are just tenants in Philips.

Regarding teams name/origin etc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Dream#The_Dream_for_a_New_Team

and there ya go!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I won't even buy anything in the CNN Center, let alone Philips, so that part would be out for me. I am in Gwinnett, I'll keep an eye out for you guys... I already have 3 of the 4 jerseys, and I don't like the last 3rd, so I won't be getting one unless it's like $20 or less.

I won't even buy anything in the CNN Center, let alone Philips, so that part would be out for me. I am in Gwinnett, I'll keep an eye out for you guys... I already have 3 of the 4 jerseys, and I don't like the last 3rd, so I won't be getting one unless it's like $20 or less.

I feel bad for Tacomac. Thrashers fans were their main clientele. You will catch me at glads games and around the forum in duluth (i work there as a scorekeeper)

Braves.jpg

Damn, another Gwinnett guy in here? That makes 4 of us that I'm aware of. What school/district do/did you rep?

Anyways, I've been trying to keep tabs on Thrash sales, but I really haven't seen any around Gwinnett. Dicks/Sports Authority(yeah, it's somehow still open) had absolutely nothing... We'll probably have better luck looking for online sales for now...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Archived