Creating a University from Scratch

drdougfresh

You know, I may just do this for a team I made in TeamBuilder. This is an awesome idea.

I would love to see what other people come up with. It's a neat idea, really. And it allows you to work with a ton of templates you'd probably otherwise never use.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think it's almost representative (in a color sense) of how wrong the DBacks were to get rid of the turquoise unis. It's so unique, and it works well. Ah well, makes my concepts look more "original", so I can't complain :grin:

Alright, final two uniform sets.

Football, wanted to replace the standard shoulder stripes with the Aztec striping again, and I messed around with some more color combinations. Nothing too much different than what you're seeing on the other uniforms so far.

FootballSlick.png

For basketball, I wanted to showcase the striping again, but had a bit of a time trying to fit it nicely. The bottom of the jersey looked alright, so I settled on that. The pants band also has the stripe, so whether the jersey is out or tucked in, it's still there.

BasketballSlick.png

And, just for the kicks of it, every college needs a fight song, right? Copyright issues aside,

for NVU's fight song. Too bad ass not to have.

Thanks for all the C&C, everyone, and I really look forward to hearing what people have to say about the entire set.

So, you used the Hyper Elite template but you didn't put a sublimated pattern on the back? :P

Haha. It's becoming a bit much. I wanted to keep it simple on this set. I may do one in the future that pushes a lot of boundaries, just have to let me creativity build back up for a bit.

I know I'm joining in on the party late, but this is a sweet thread. I really like the idea of creating a university. I absolutely love the color scheme, and the logo is really unique. All the uniforms are nice, and I love the Aztec pattern. And it's nice to see someone use my basketball template!

One Improvement to the basketball uniforms, would be to but the aztec pattern down the side of the jersey and pants.

Nope, didn't like it. As I stated in the description, didn't look right that way.

You might as well make a white football helmet, then you have all 4 colors like you do jerseys and pants. Also what was the point of the bball uni with the pattern at the bottom when that will be tucked in? Awesome everything though!

vegasbowl.png

The basketball jerseys look amazing, but the pattern on the bottom of the jersey will got lost when players tuck in their jersey.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Read much, guys? :rolleyes: There's a pattern on the top of the shorts... negating the loss of the pattern when the jersey is tucked in.

To reiterate (copied and pasted from above):

For basketball, I wanted to showcase the striping again, but had a bit of a time trying to fit it nicely. The bottom of the jersey looked alright, so I settled on that. The pants band also has the stripe, so whether the jersey is out or tucked in, it's still there.

Only problem I have with all these concepts is the different shades of gold/sand. Just choose one color and stick with it. Otherwise, this is great. I love the striping for football, and I would try making the striping down the side of the basketball jerseys.

Only problem I have with all these concepts is the different shades of gold/sand. Just choose one color and stick with it. Otherwise, this is great. I love the striping for football, and I would try making the striping down the side of the basketball jerseys.

Well there's a dual-tone of gold because I didn't want to use a ton of black. As for the "silver-sand" that's explained in the OP. Thanks for the comment!

Read much, guys? :rolleyes: There's a pattern on the top of the shorts... negating the loss of the pattern when the jersey is tucked in.

To reiterate (copied and pasted from above):

Touche, I did not read that :shocked:

vegasbowl.png

This has really been an awesome concept thus far, but I have to admit that there has been one thing that has kind of irked me right from the beginning, and unfortunately it has to do with your trademark striping. I know you have been selling this as an Aztec pattern, but whenever I see it, especially in hues of blue and gold, I immediately think Greek. Maybe it's just me, but from the very beginning with your university logo, I felt that it didn't fit at all. It's something I would much more expect to see on a team called the Spartans, etc. Other than that I'd say sharpen up your Coyote logo a tad, so it looks a little less cartoony, and, yeah, I could definitely see this in the NCAA.

This has really been an awesome concept thus far, but I have to admit that there has been one thing that has kind of irked me right from the beginning, and unfortunately it has to do with your trademark striping. I know you have been selling this as an Aztec pattern, but whenever I see it, especially in hues of blue and gold, I immediately think Greek. Maybe it's just me, but from the very beginning with your university logo, I felt that it didn't fit at all. It's something I would much more expect to see on a team called the Spartans, etc. Other than that I'd say sharpen up your Coyote logo a tad, so it looks a little less cartoony, and, yeah, I could definitely see this in the NCAA.

I wanted the Coyote to look identical to where it came from, the Aztec calendar, and that's why it looks so unusual. Sure, it's not what everyone is "used" to seeing, but it's different, and that was my intention.

As far as the striping pattern goes, yes, it's a common stripe in many cultures (Roman moreso than Greek, but it doesn't matter). Here's the blanket I took the idea from:

b60051.jpg

Archived