Rockies MLB Unis

Skull Position

I saw this today on SI and cant seem to find any history on this particular set/logo. I have seen black fashion jerseys with this chest logo sold at Target and the like, but always thought of them as being "bootleg' Anyone have any info?

08.walker.jpg

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

That was an incredibly unique set. They required all players to wear their helmet backwards when batting

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I saw this today on SI and cant seem to find any history on this particular set/logo. I have seen black fashion jerseys with this chest logo sold at Target and the like, but always thought of them as being "bootleg' Anyone have any info?

08.walker.jpg

Exhibit A of why the All-Star Game should NOT count. You don't get this type of entertainment anymore.

Love the purple Franklin batting gloves. Never saw them in that color.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They should go back to this uniform. MUCH prefer this to their road pinstripes.

And yeah, that Larry Walker ASG moment was legendary.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I like those uniforms. Except it should say Colorado instead of Rockies.

Watching the Rockies play in their black uniforms while they were playing the crew I realized how bad the script looks on the black. It has a huge silver/white stroke around the purple lettering. I wish the text was more purple with less of the silver outline then they would look much better.

Do the Rockies use their purple hats anymore? I haven't seen that in awhile either.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Do the Rockies use their purple hats anymore? I haven't seen that in awhile either.

I think they wore them once or twice this season with the purple jerseys, right when they brought them back from the mothballs.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

08.walker.jpg

Exhibit A of why the All-Star Game should NOT count. You don't get this type of entertainment anymore.

Can you imagine Pete Rose or Joe Morgan or guys like that stepping up to the plate like that? I guess I'm an old fart, but I prefer the days when both sides were out for blood in the All Star game.

rose-fosse-two.jpg?w=468&h=426

I think they wore them once or twice this season with the purple jerseys, right when they brought them back from the mothballs.

Actually, I don't think they did.

Here's a photo of them in the purple tops on Opening Day

Rockies-Host-Diamondbacks-for-Opening-Day-in-Denver.jpg

Go A's!

Actually, I don't think they did.

Here's a photo of them in the purple tops on Opening Day

Rockies-Host-Diamondbacks-for-Opening-Day-in-Denver.jpg

There is a photo album at MLB.com for each game played this season. It looks like the Rockies wear teh all-black with the purple jerseys at home at the purple brim hat with the purple jerseys on the road.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Rockies only wore the all-purple cap for two seasons, 2003 and 2004. They only wore it at home in '03 and in '04 they wore it at home & on the road (they wore it with their regular grays on the road).

The Rockies' history of wearing the all-black caps and the purple brimmed caps has changed a lot over the years, but has remained pretty consistent now for quite some time.

Here's a breakdown of when they wore it:

Black cap was worn for all games.

Purple brim was only worn with purple ALT jersey on road games.

Purple brim cap was used for every single game, home & road.

Black cap was not worn at all.

All black cap was used for home games only.

Purple brim cap was only used for road games.

Purple brim cap was used only for home games.

All black cap was used only for road games.

All purple cap was used for a few home games with the purple ALT jersey

All black cap was only used for home games.

Purple brim cap was only used for road games

All purple cap was used for select home games with the purple ALT jersey & also for a few road games with their regular gray road unis.

All black cap was used for almost every home & away game.

Purple brim cap was used for both home & road games, but only when they wore the black ALT vests

All black cap was only used and for both home & road games.

2007-2011

All black cap remained the regular home cap.

Purple brim cap was only used for road games.

I saw this today on SI and cant seem to find any history on this particular set/logo.

They switched to this after their inaugural season because the letters were too hard to read on the original one...

image_php_382730.jpg

LOL @ Bruce Ruffin.

I didn't think that the first year jerseys were very hard to read, and I saw them live a few times. I do think that the second year was an improvement though, and they should have just used the same lettering on the home jersey as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can you imagine Pete Rose or Joe Morgan or guys like that stepping up to the plate like that? I guess I'm an old fart, but I prefer the days when both sides were out for blood in the All Star game.

Because nothing says "exhibition for the fans" like career-limiting and permanent-injury collisions.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived