More eBay madness - now they're not even trying!

larrypep

This is a Brand new 59Fifty New Era Hat with a the unique style for the San Diego Padres baseball team.

Truth, it is a 5950, you can buy them blank. Truth, it is in the "style" of the San Diego Padres baseball team. It doesn't claim to be authentic, "on-field", official, or anything like that. Misleading, yes, but at least they're not trying to pass it off as the real deal.

This is a Brand new 59Fifty New Era Hat with a the unique style for the San Diego Padres baseball team.

Truth, it is a 5950, you can buy them blank. Truth, it is in the "style" of the San Diego Padres baseball team. It doesn't claim to be authentic, "on-field", official, or anything like that. Misleading, yes, but at least they're not trying to pass it off as the real deal.

as far as I know, you can not buy them blank...the reason I was told was because New Era does not want people to buy blanks and then customizing them. This would mislead the public into thinking new era did the job because their logo is on the side of all non on field caps.

New York Mets & New York Jets

as far as I know, you can not buy them blank...the reason I was told was because New Era does not want people to buy blanks and then customizing them. This would mislead the public into thinking new era did the job because their logo is on the side of all non on field caps.

http://www.hatclub.com/fitteds-blank-fitteds

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For both of us to not worry about shipping and the cost, there is no return policy and every hat sold is final.

Niiiiice.

I also remember someone on this board saying something about not being able to buy blank 5950's anymore. Maybe that's just the last of the old stock they're selling?

Doesn't MLB own the rights to that logo? I suppose one could argue that abomination is not similar to the "SD" used by the Padres, but I think one could make the argument that the intent was to pass it off as a Padres cap.

But these caps are Chinese knock-offs, and more than likely bought in bulk.

Archived