Stripes on Uniforms

AndrewPF

The New England Patriots tried sublimated vertical jersey stripes for a few years in the 1990s:

HX6E0.jpg

I read somewhere that Bob Kraft wanted to emulate European soccer teams with this look, but now I can't find a source for that.

I'm pretty sure the stripes weren't sublimated but were infact created using diffent weaves in the fabric. The vent holes are smaller and the weave tighter in the dark stripes while the light stripes are your standard style jersey fabric. They did similar things with NFL Europe jerseys, I have a few game used ones I'll try and post some close up shots to let you see how it works if you're interested.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The New England Patriots tried sublimated vertical jersey stripes for a few years in the 1990s:

HX6E0.jpg

I read somewhere that Bob Kraft wanted to emulate European soccer teams with this look, but now I can't find a source for that.

I remember those uniforms, but I never really thought the stripes were a design element. I always thought that it was just the material or something.

My mind has just been blown.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

NFL throwback jersey, huh? Wrong NOB/number font and everything... *smh*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I want to say that the number font for the Reebok 90's Pats throwback jersey was part of the style guide. I remember playing NFL Gameday with the Pats in that set, and the numbers looks just like that instead of what they really wore in real life.

Off-topic slightly, but Ben Coates is the greatest Patriots player of all time.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

By the way, how the hell did Reebok manage to come up with those awful numbers for the Pats' throwbacks? It's the same number font as the Carolina Hurricanes and Reebok produces their jerseys. And they got the NOB font right, too! It's supposed to look like this:

4505672_f260.jpg

The greatest mix of traditional and turning the clock forward...without the goofy stripes I think this jersey setup is great and would be even better now with the advancement in jersey manufacturing.

There are lots of people here (and elsewhere, surely) who would like to see the Senators or 67s wear barberpole sweaters full-time, for whatever it's worth.

I could get behind a thick-striped basketball jersey. I tried drawing a black and yellow Hornets alt once.

The 67's have now started to wear barberpoles full time again. The reason they stopped was because Reebok claimed that it would be impossible to do on the Edge template. I'm sure the Sens will bring out a barberpole sweater at some point in the near future (most likely in an outdoor game). Ottawa could be considered an exception since the barberpole pattern has always represented hockey in the city. It also depends on the thickness of the stripes. Montreal's throwback barberpoles didn't look good because the stripes were too thin. From a distance it just looked muddled.

Archived