Tim Horton's National Soccer Association

crashcarson15

thnsa_league_logo_web.png

So, this is a part of a project I'd like to complete to overhaul the soccer system in Anglo-America to make it more like soccer in the rest of the world, and that all starts with giving Canada a national league. I've dubbed the league the Canadian National Soccer Association, or the Tim Horton's National Soccer Association for naming rights reasons, and the plan is for it to be a 16 team league spanning from coast to coast in Canada's largest cities. The 4 current professional clubs in Canada that compete for the Nutrilife Canadian Championship will be the cornerstone of this league, with 12 other clubs that would join. The first team, FC Edmonton, will be posted in the next post, and I hope you'll enjoy this series!

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thnsa_fcedmonton_logo_web.png

FC Edmonton

So, personally, I feel like the current club that's in the NASL has all around a pretty nice logo, and I didn't feel like changes were really needed. However, I feel like blue and orange, not blue and black are colours more representative of Edmonton soccer, hearkening back to the days of the NASL's Drillers. However, this club isn't named the Drillers, and would have no link to the club other than the jersey designs that are based off of the Drillers' 1982 look. The kit manufacturer is Umbro, like what FC Edmonton currently uses, and the crest is just a recoloured one (sans the maple leaf) that the club currently uses. Socks would obviously be hooped to match the shirts. C&C please!

thnsa_fcedmonton_home_jersey.png

thnsa_fcedmonton_home_shorts.png

thnsa_fcedmonton_road_jersey.png

thnsa_fcedmonton_road_shorts.png

6fQjS3M.png

Topical and interesting. I know the CSA is talking about creating a real coast to coast Division 3 league (as opposed to the CSL which is known for it's match fixing) to encourage development at the grassroots level.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

thnsa_kitchenersv_logo_web.png

Kitchener SV

Alright, so what better way to bump a thread than with an update? I went with the "SV" title, meaning Sport-Verein or Sports Club in German as to reflect the city's German heritage, which itself is reflected by their annual Oktoberfest. I was going to go with a black/red/yellow scheme for Kitchener until I read that the Oktoberfest is billed as "Canada's Greatest Bavarian Festival" which just opened up a great opportunity to use the Variant Flag of Bavaria, which IMO is one of the best flags out there. If you see a resemblance to the Bayern München crest, it's because "Bayern" is German for "Bavarian" and they both are based on the variant flag. The kits resemble something I've thought Bayern should do for a clash, that is take the variant flag and turn it into a sash. I was originally going to go with a full-variant flag design (similar to the checkerboard of Croatia), however I decided it was too gaudy. The gold is in there as a nice accent colour and serves no other purpose. Once again, more C&C! Thanks for those of you who commented on Edmonton, and I'm hoping a more original design will spark more comments. I've got TFC done but I'm not that excited in posting them yet as it's not really too much of a concept.

thnsa_kitchenersv_home_jersey.png

thnsa_kitchenersv_home_shorts.png

thnsa_kitchenersv_road_jersey.png

thnsa_kitchenersv_road_shorts.png

6fQjS3M.png

I was originally going to go with a full-variant flag design (similar to the checkerboard of Croatia), however I decided it was too gaudy.

Good call. That would've looked like hell. These both look amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with the Reds (TFC).

thnsa_bramptoncity_logo_web.png

Brampton City FC

Alright, so I knew I wanted to do two GTA clubs, and mr.negative inspired me to make it from Brampton. All things considered, the current Brampton City United identity is a mess. The name is too long, so I dropped the "United," and the crest is clearly stolen from the more famous united club, so I dropped that. Oddly enough, though, I thought that the lion-on-ball portion of the logo was very good, so I used that (which resulted in them resembling another EPL club, Spurs). For some reason, I went with black and a bright yellow for the club's colours, and because I went with black sleeves on the home shirt, I couldn't use that for the clash, so I went with blue (since TFC, the club's natural rivals are the "Reds"), and it's also the colour of club sponsor, RBC. And yes, I realize I used copperplate. Sue me. :P

thnsa_bramptoncity_home_jersey.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_home_shorts.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_road_jersey.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_road_shorts.png

6fQjS3M.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_logo_web.png

Brampton City FC

Alright, so I knew I wanted to do two GTA clubs, and mr.negative inspired me to make it from Brampton. All things considered, the current Brampton City United identity is a mess. The name is too long, so I dropped the "United," and the crest is clearly stolen from the more famous united club, so I dropped that. Oddly enough, though, I thought that the lion-on-ball portion of the logo was very good, so I used that (which resulted in them resembling another EPL club, Spurs). For some reason, I went with black and a bright yellow for the club's colours, and because I went with black sleeves on the home shirt, I couldn't use that for the clash, so I went with blue (since TFC, the club's natural rivals are the "Reds"), and it's also the colour of club sponsor, RBC. And yes, I realize I used copperplate. Sue me. :P

thnsa_bramptoncity_home_jersey.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_home_shorts.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_road_jersey.png

thnsa_bramptoncity_road_shorts.png

Umbro tops with Nike bottoms? Its looks ok, maybe you should watch my tutorial it will make everything look cleaner. Its a great idea and you show real promise.

EDIT: These are mock Nike tops sorry. They look like the Mock Umbro tops I did.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

I completely agree with you sizemorematters, the current name is too long and the logo is a complete rip off.

It's funny because I know a few people from the club's office and they said they wanted to make the name reflect that Brampton is "United" now. Back in the 80s Brampton's had a planned satellite community known as Bramalea, which is where the home park of BCUFC is (Victoria park). They no longer consider it a separate community of Brampton, but that's how they got the super long name.

As for the C+C:

Yellow and blue are the team's primary kit colours this season so that's a pretty cool tie-in. You've taken the best element of the crest, the one that ties into the club's history as the Oakville/Brampton Lion, and dropped the rest making it simple and making it look very professional instead of a cheap Man U rip off.

I like using RBC as the sponsor too, It makes so much sense with the RBC lion.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

And glad you like it, negative! Next team'll possibly be up tonight.

They'll never be able to use the jerseys because the CSL has a contract with Givova, but would you mind if I sent my buddy who works there the crest?

Archived