Favorite Soccer Uniforms

Lights Out

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams may change the details, but what I love about football is that most teams keep the same basic configuration.

I'm partial to this one:

article-1382495-0BDD0E9800000578-489_634x311_popup.jpg

Aside from a few blips or a throwback here or there, you know the Gunners will always be red shirts with white sleeves and shorts. Beautiful and iconic.

Argentina+v+South+Korea+Group+B+2010+FIFA+dsUyVvt105el.jpg

And that's probably my #1 favorite. The crest, sublimated tiger stripes, the number font, the colors. Just a great uniform. Modern, yet classic.

Most of my favorites (& my #1 fave) come from recent times (all but the Cruyff look)...mainly because I feel that we're currently living in the prime of soccer design. The days before sponsorship consisted of some pretty plain, rudimentary looks. Designers lost their minds in the 80s & 90s, and in the early 00s, there was too much of a futuristic feel going with most of the uniforms. But now, especially when it comes to Nike & Umbro, we've got kits that take risks, yet still look good. It's an awesome time to be a soccer uniform enthusiast, IMO.

The USMNT currently has one of the best designs in all of soccer.

usmnt_post1.jpg

My only complaints are that the slash on the home kit should be darker and that the slashes on both the home kit and the third kit should be two-tone like the clash kit. That design should be permanent.

The USMNT currently has one of the best designs in all of soccer.

usmnt_post1.jpg

My only complaints are that the slash on the home kit should be darker and that the slashes on both the home kit and the third kit should be two-tone like the clash kit. That design should be permanent.

This is (with the blue shorts) the best look in all of soccer in my opinion.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

In my opinion the sash is and overrated element on a soccer shirt. too much white on the blue world cup kit. i like the subtle grey on the white shirt, but would have preferred a much thinner red one. I actually like the previous set better with the thin red hoops and (gasp) the anthracite change. that kit caught way too much flack. as much as i hate nikes obsession with making everything under the sun anthracite, it was a sharp look. I still say we're missing the boat on a red and white shirt, whether it be hoops or stripes. I love the current france clash and it would translate beautifully to an american set.

nike-football-french-away-kit-jersey-2.jpg

I know we've had a lot of favorite uniform threads, but I don't recall any for soccer. I thought it would be interesting, considering how soccer teams constantly change their looks. Here's mine:

tpwn4qijyh163ibgncfeziqhz.gif

As you can see, I'm quite partial to the original NASL's aesthetic.

i like this one. what team is it?

In my opinion the sash is and overrated element on a soccer shirt. too much white on the blue world cup kit. i like the subtle grey on the white shirt, but would have preferred a much thinner red one. I actually like the previous set better with the thin red hoops and (gasp) the anthracite change. that kit caught way too much flack. as much as i hate nikes obsession with making everything under the sun anthracite, it was a sharp look. I still say we're missing the boat on a red and white shirt, whether it be hoops or stripes. I love the current france clash and it would translate beautifully to an american set.

nike-football-french-away-kit-jersey-2.jpg

YES! That's EXACTLY how i feel. I would absolutely LOVE the opposite of that with an all white crest for the USMNT, and i thought i was the only one...

Archived