Favorite Soccer Uniforms

Lights Out

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe some of the members who are more into soccer can help me with this, but my two favorite USMNT kits were one that had encircled numbers on the front and the other was a 1950 throwback that had a red top with a white and blue sash, but I can't for the life of me remember when they wore them, so I can't post pics.

^ They were.

Russell+Teibert+Vancouver+Whitecaps+FC+v+Philadelphia+JMxXICYs6L0l.jpg

I got to see those in person. They pretty much surprised the whole crowd when they came walking out onto the pitch in their new all-white kits. We had all been hearing rumors of some new shirt in the team gift/pro shop at PPL Park the day of that game, but no one seemed to know for sure. I know the next time I went back in that shop, what few they had were all gone.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2004_home.jpg2004_away.jpg

Worn in 2004.

2006_third.jpg

Worn in 2006.

YES... thank you!

After seeing how good those '06 kits look and knowing that they're based on what the USMNT wore for their most historical victory, I'm not sure why they would even consider wearing something else... or at the very least... make their current red sashed shirt with blue shorts their primary look. The USSR hasn't been around for two decades now, US teams should be wearing much more red nowadays.

Surprised no one's brought Aston Villa into the discussion yet...

781346221.jpg

I was going to! :P

Although, they look best with white shorts. Beside that fact, that's probably the best shirt the Villa have ever worn. The claret and blue shirts are why I support AVFC.

6fQjS3M.png

2002 Nigera WC - Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu, Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh, a very solid team, and an awesome uniform. I didn't even care that I couldn't see the numbers.

02190602E8DA4340.jpg

Who can forget the Invincibles Clash Kit

_39660453_pires_score_afp300x300.jpg

And I can't find a good picture, but Belgium with the red shirt, black shorts, and yellow socks were unbeatable!

Belgique%20-%20Hongrie.jpg

Dear God NO! Arsenal has never looked good in any shade of yellow.

As a Gooner, I whole-heartedly disagree.

Well, of course you would. I mean, I know it fits the point of a clash kit, but Arsenal needs to go with a different color. It just looks bad.

Well, of course you would. I mean, I know it fits the point of a clash kit, but Arsenal needs to go with a different color. It just looks bad.

I loved the yellow Arsenal shirts from last year. Their home last year is also one of my favorite looks.

Worn in 2006.

YES... thank you!

After seeing how good those '06 kits look and knowing that they're based on what the USMNT wore for their most historical victory, I'm not sure why they would even consider wearing something else... or at the very least... make their current red sashed shirt with blue shorts their primary look. The USSR hasn't been around for two decades now, US teams should be wearing much more red nowadays.

The US actually used their red shirts instead of blue for the Gold Cup last month. But I agree, that should be made the primary instead of white. And as much as I like the US using the sash (I hope they make that a permanent part of their shirts in the future), I think they could have executed it a lot better on the white and red shirts.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The US actually used their red shirts instead of blue for the Gold Cup last month. But I agree, that should be made the primary instead of white. And as much as I like the US using the sash (I hope they make that a permanent part of their shirts in the future), I think they could have executed it a lot better on the white and red shirts.

Agree... this is precisely why I prefer the '06 version.

This is what the slashes on the US jerseys need to be:

a043b964.png

You can hardly see the slash on the home kit and the monotone slash just doesn't look as good as the two-tone does.

These kits were beautiful.

article-1286559-0A08AB6F000005DC-97_634x428.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived