The What-If Thread

Jahgee

What if Dale Earnhardt didn't die in that accident?

What if Doug Williams lost in the Super Bowl?

What if Ernie Davis didn't die from leukemia at 23 years of age?

What if Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, and Kurt Angle had all succeeded in their pro football careers?

I'd love some answers.

Angle had a football career?

Granted, there are tons of names you could throw in that boat of failed football players-turned-wrestlers.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if Todd Helton played for New York or Boston? Where would he rank among this era's greats?

It's truly shocking to look him up and see what his stats really are. He's quietly been a consistently incredible hitter, but you'd never know it because of the small-market effect.

This right here. Casual fans ask "wait, Todd Helton is still around?!"

Granted, there are tons of names you could throw in that boat of failed football players-turned-wrestlers.

I know he played in high school, but that's about it.

Also I'm pretty sure that's about half your pro wrestlers ever. Someone like Ron Simmons didn't decide to join wrestling because he got tired of playing for the Cleveland Browns. Randy Savage didn't get into the ring because he didn't want to play Major League Baseball anymore.

Nothing against wrestling, but that's just the way it is. The only guy I can think of that turned down a potential NFL career to do wrestling was Andre the Giant. George Allen supposedly offered him a contract on site, but Andre was already making about as much money as anyone in the NFL was, so it wasn't worth it for him to make the jump.

What if Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, and Kurt Angle had all succeeded in their pro football careers?

I'd love some answers.

I don't think he ever tried playing professionally, but if I remember correctly he did try to land a gig as a sideline annalist before considering pro wrestling.

I'd love some answers.

I don't think he ever tried playing professionally, but if I remember correctly he did try to land a gig as a sideline annalist before considering pro wrestling.

Before wrestling, he tried out for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived