Dodgers logo tweak

kevinmets

The old script works better within the logo. If you're gonna use the new script, at least skew it so the letters are a little more erect (giggity) to similar to the old way. As is now, it looks like you simply cut and paste the current script over the old one. And as mentioned, any "updating" would probably necessitate stitches on the ball. Not too detailed, but stitching nonetheless.

Looks great! You've made some real improvemnts to it. The only two things I'd tweak personally would be to Split the cap D from the rest of the word, as the flow of writing a Script D like that wouldn't actually allow for a ligature there, and secondly I'd disconnect the tail of the s from the r and use it to initiate the underline as it was on the old one, but I'd do it slightly differently by having the tail of the s loop through itself to form the underline rather than just have it appear out the front like on the original.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

As is now, it looks like you simply cut and paste the current script over the old one.

The main update here is the red lines under/around the Dodgers script. That part clearly wasn't cut and paste. That is the part of the original logo that needs the updating the most.

I updated it to add stitching on the ball, but I think the script is perfect the way it is.

The old script works better within the logo. If you're gonna use the new script, at least skew it so the letters are a little more erect (giggity) to similar to the old way. As is now, it looks like you simply cut and paste the current script over the old one. And as mentioned, any "updating" would probably necessitate stitches on the ball. Not too detailed, but stitching nonetheless.

Right - the new script should be italicized a bit like the old one was. I know that it doesn't exactly match the jersey in that case, but it's more of an acceptable difference than having two totally different scripts all together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Right - the new script should be italicized a bit like the old one was. I know that it doesn't exactly match the jersey in that case, but it's more of an acceptable difference than having two totally different scripts all together.

Agreed, it would look better more italicized. Most scripts look strange if they are tilting backwards which is what you have done. I have always liked the Dodgers simplistic logo, but a few tweaks could make it better, and your stitching on the ball here is a nice update.

Archived