Winnipeg Jets concepts

habsfan1

For the 50 something time, here's another Winnipeg Jets concept!! The biggest issue I've had is the placement of the player's name. I could not decide whether the stripes should be modified for it to fit above or under the red and white. So I just kept it in the center. Should I change that or keep it the way it is? And yeah, the concept is based on the RCAF Flyers jersey.

Jets-1.png

Habsfan, I like this concept. I am not a fan of the upper stripes, but the logo and the rest is solid. I sure have enjoyed seeing the different Jets concepts. Looks like the Habs have another rival.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Habsfan, I like this concept. I am not a fan of the upper stripes, but the logo and the rest is solid. I sure have enjoyed seeing the different Jets concepts. Looks like the Habs have another rival.

I don't know about that, yet. But I was thrilled to find out that the Jets home opener is against the Habs!

I think you might be real close to what they're going for. I think it's going to be somewhere between that light blue version and your blue/blue jersey.

I'm torn, I definitely think the striping on the website is a clue, but I also think it's going to look very RCAF Flyers.

I like what you're going with here. I love the larger yoke, but I hate how the stripes stop for the numbers. Maybe bump that back a bit? Idk, just an idea

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Nice! The only thing I can say is that it looks a little too similar in style & color to the old team USA jerseys. Also the color scheme looks too Montreal Candiens. Maybe throw in some silver striping!

It's OK as is. If anything the sweater striping reminds me of the Quebec Nordiques, circa 1973-74 (their second season in the WHA). Don't screw around with the look by adding Silver. Stay with Royal, Red & White!

Jets-3.png

I hope they go with the lighter blue as the base color. Because if they don't, they will look like a bunch of other failed alternate jerseys (I don't think I have to name them). The redesigners have done a good job so far in making the league more colourful. They were not afraid to step across certain boundaries with Nashville and the result was generally well received. The Jets are another team who need to follow in those foot steps because they have a lot of uniform history books to flip through for inspiration. It would be a shame if they end of looking like one the said failed alternates instead.

Credit goes to TimEOBrien for the idea of military numbers.

• 1 month later...

Archived