What do you think of my trade idea

uuh70

i thought of both teams needs and what do you think of this trade idea i thought off.

Rays Get

OF-Andre Ethier

OF-Jerry Sands

Dodgers Get

OF-BJ UPTON

and possibly a minor league pitcher

i think this would work because the rays want some more offense and Ether is batting .299 with 9 HR and in Triple-A Sands is hitting .285 with 14 Hr

i think it would work for Dodgers because as a dodger fan i know they need power to protect Matt Kemp trading Ethier would free up some salary and Upton has 15 Home runs and they could part with Sands because they have Treyvon Robinson is triple A who is sure to be in the Big Leagues next year and i think having Robinson,Upton,Kemp would be really good with power and could be a team that would be able to steal a lot of bases by having Upton with Kemp and Dee Gordon next year plus if they can get Uribe back on track they would be favorites in the NL West

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Did you really think this through? You are trading a guy you can rely on and is a top-notch performer for the hopes that some minor league guy will perform next year? Let alone the foolish notion that Upton is even that good? Do you realize that this year is a bad year for Ethier and that will be better than Upton's best year? Upton is completely over-rated and not that good of a player. Compare their stats and you'll see how far off Upton really is. Throw in the fact that you are talking about a fat, overweight, and slow infielder in Uribe to be some sort of offensive performer. He's been so offensive on both offense and defense the Dodgers should cut that fool.

Did you really think this through? You are trading a guy you can rely on and is a top-notch performer for the hopes that some minor league guy will perform next year? Let alone the foolish notion that Upton is even that good? Do you realize that this year is a bad year for Ethier and that will be better than Upton's best year? Upton is completely over-rated and not that good of a player. Compare their stats and you'll see how far off Upton really is. Throw in the fact that you are talking about a fat, overweight, and slow infielder in Uribe to be some sort of offensive performer. He's been so offensive on both offense and defense the Dodgers should cut that fool.

Yes i did and i would much rather keep Kemp than Ethier. With the financial problem their in i highly doubt they would be able to keep both of them. And there have been numerous articles saying Ethier wont re-sign anyway because he is embarrassed of the whole ownership situation. And i wish they would be able to cut Uribe but they inked him to a multi-year deal.

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

You don't trade a top notch player for an average player. Forget the guys in AAA. It means nothing. The stats that come from Albuquerque and the PCL are hitter stats that tell you nothing. If this Robinson player was good, why then did the Dodgers promote Sands and Trent Oeltjen before him? Robinson strikes out too much and is more of a leadoff hitter, so you're replacing a power guy with a leadoff type hitter that strikes out a lot. The issue is Robinson will not be a good major leaguer because time has always proven if a guy strikes out a lot in the minors, it will only get worse in the majors. If you want to see the prime example of that, ask the Angels with Brandon Wood. If you are so strong on trading Ethier, then maybe you talk to Atlanta about Jayson Hewyard straight up for Ethier. You've giving Atlanta an experienced bat that has playoff experience and you're getting back the power bat that you're giving up, but a younger version at a smaller price.

i thought of both teams needs and what do you think of this trade idea i thought off.

Rays Get

OF-Andre Ethier

OF-Jerry Sands

Dodgers Get

OF-BJ UPTON

and possibly a minor league pitcher

i think this would work because the rays want some more offense and Ether is batting .299 with 9 HR and in Triple-A Sands is hitting .285 with 14 Hr

i think it would work for Dodgers because as a dodger fan i know they need power to protect Matt Kemp trading Ethier would free up some salary and Upton has 15 Home runs and they could part with Sands because they have Treyvon Robinson is triple A who is sure to be in the Big Leagues next year and i think having Robinson,Upton,Kemp would be really good with power and could be a team that would be able to steal a lot of bases by having Upton with Kemp and Dee Gordon next year plus if they can get Uribe back on track they would be favorites in the NL West

First off, that is the longest sentence I've ever read. Second, what oddball said about this trade. It does nothing for the Dodgers, and I get the feeling about Ethier not wanting to re-sign is nothing more than your opinion. He's an all-star this year in a down tear for him. Upton isn't anywhere near Ethier's level at this point so your trading down especially with just Upton and a minor leaguer.

And thirdly, an entire thread for a single, mythical trade proposal? There's an MLB season thread. We can post those in there just so ya know.

You don't trade a top notch player for an average player. Forget the guys in AAA. It means nothing. The stats that come from Albuquerque and the PCL are hitter stats that tell you nothing. If this Robinson player was good, why then did the Dodgers promote Sands and Trent Oeltjen before him? Robinson strikes out too much and is more of a leadoff hitter, so you're replacing a power guy with a leadoff type hitter that strikes out a lot. The issue is Robinson will not be a good major leaguer because time has always proven if a guy strikes out a lot in the minors, it will only get worse in the majors. If you want to see the prime example of that, ask the Angels with Brandon Wood. If you are so strong on trading Ethier, then maybe you talk to Atlanta about Jayson Hewyard straight up for Ethier. You've giving Atlanta an experienced bat that has playoff experience and you're getting back the power bat that you're giving up, but a younger version at a smaller price.

Yours makes more sense, but Heywards the future star of the Braves. He's not going anywhere.

Archived