OchentaYOcho88

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's...beautiful!

:')

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I like them for the most part, though one needs to see it on a jersey for the full effect. Much better than their old wordmark logos, which I've always hated.

It's very similar to many of the concepts that have floated around here and on other boards. Glad they resisted using the Avro Arrow as their outline.

Wonder if the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are going to draw inspiration from this?

tigercatssignature-1.png

meh, the primay is ok, but not great

the jet/leaf is too pointy. cant really tell its a maple leaf cause the jet tip obscures the middle leaf point and the stem sticks out the bottom too much. plus this is one of the few times where I'd prefer more detailing in a logo. a two tone jet is kinda boring.

theres also too much empty space in the blue circle. they could add wording inside it.

the secondary logo is fantastic. the only suggestion id make is to make the "wings" gold, but thats really not necessary.

it also kinda annoys me that true north had to add their companys logo in it, by adding the compass point. we know you own the team. true north. we get it. plus, for the people who didnt know you owned the team, theyre not going to understand the reference.

Logo unveilings do indeed deserve their own thread.

Oh, I completely agree. That's how things used to work around here. However, these have now evolved into these season-long, 3972 page, mega threads. I kinda miss the old way of doing things, myself.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not much of an NHL fan, but I've got to get something with this logo on it. I love the roundel idea with the jet (and even the maple leaf; I know that aspect kills some posters), and I think the wordmark and secondary logos are really good. I was hoping that the roundel logo would be a secondary, but otherwise great job here.

205832_10150244781912466_61652252465_7746569_1752014_n.jpg

The NHL Facebook page just posted these.

Thoughts?

I think by using the circle and similar colors to the previous Jets incarnation, Winnipeg was able to move forward while still recognizing the city's hockey past. I really have no complaints. Is it the best logo in the NHL? Not even close. Does it work? Absolutely, and I guess that's all we can ask for.

I also want to make a side note. Mark Morrison was hired as the head coach of Winnipeg's AHL affiliate in St. John's. I think I have a good song for them to introduce him with:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I like the 3 logos... the first one hmm wow maybe need to put some kind of marks on that but hey it's great! Maybe the inside logo can stand out as primary logo and get rid of the outside circle?? can be doable? But I'm sure it will be fine... now wonder what the jersey will look like in September.. might be interesting to see how it pans out...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

205832_10150244781912466_61652252465_7746569_1752014_n.jpg

I hate to sound daft, but...which is the primary? I can see an argument being made for each of them. If it's the first, there's no words at all? That's pretty bold. The only possible complaint I have is that the maple leaf in the third looks like it's meant to be an apostrophe (i.e. "Winnipeg Jet's").

Also, wasn't someone just complaining about an overuse of the maple leaf in Canadian logos...? It was the same thread where we were discussing star usage.

Anyone know if the NHL will allow the pre-Coyotes Jets history to be merged with the new Jets like how the Cleveland Browns did it in the NFL?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Meh. A rather uninspired logo package, if you ask me. The secondary mark is the "best" of a lame lot. Clearly a rush-job necessitated by True North's succumbing to (1) fan pressure to resurrect the Jets name, and (2) further fan pressure to produce a logo to accompany said name as swiftly as possible.

Archived