Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how the dialogue around this logo unveiling has turned toward the positive as time has passed. Myself included. I hated the thing on Friday, referred to it as Capt. America's shield w/ a Maple Leaf. Thought it was ridiculous. But it's growing on me. Whoever made the point a few posts above about how the emroidered logo gives it more depth is absolutely right. And after my initial tantrum, I've come to like this set almost solely because of the lack of word mark on the primary. The hats, word free, are outstanding.

Has there been any merchandise to this point featuring the wordmark? Maybe that will become one of those things that's technically part of a team's identity, but gets buried. I can't fathom it appearing on the uniform other than maybe the helmet, and even there, I could just see them using the primary.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's another "fix" I did. Made the outlines around the jet/leaf navy to tie it to the roundel, and, after seeing the cap with the embroidered, I loved the little shadow raising the jet made, so I added a little drop shadow from the jet over the leaf. I also did a set with and without the beveling on the leaf, and a set without the navy outline on the leaf as well.

WinnipegJetsPrimaryUpdate4.gif

Has there been any merchandise to this point featuring the wordmark? Maybe that will become one of those things that's technically part of a team's identity, but gets buried. I can't fathom it appearing on the uniform other than maybe the helmet, and even there, I could just see them using the primary.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the wordmark front and centre on an alternate in a season or two.

I think all 3rd jersey discussion to this point has been exclusively retro.

Also, McCall, that bit of outlining, and pushing the jet's nose into the notch, makes a world of difference. I prefer the bottom two, without the leaf outline.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think all 3rd jersey discussion to this point has been exclusively retro.

They could do both. Didn't the Kings wear their (then) black and silver alternates along with their retro purple and gold sweaters this past season?

159446.jpg

You know, while I still don't think it's a great logo, I have to admit it does look much better on apparel than on its own. The Jets still have an opportunity to have a really good uniform set, especially if they go with the light blue.

Has anyone commented on passing similarities to the CCSLC logo?

No, but I actually did just realize that the red part of the CCSLC maple leaf formed a star. That's kinda cool.

I never realized that - I thought it was an error actually. Now that you say it I do see the star, but it's not obvious considering how much of it is cut off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IF they do tweak the plane when it appears on the jersey so that its nose encroaches into the compass point as it does on the hats (not sure about the shirts, I'll let you know when mine arrives), then that one subtle tweak will make a world of difference.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I personally like the blue on blue like the hat. I think if they use a lighter blue it will look pastey and awkward.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

159446.jpg

And the "objects" in the roundel being bigger helps too.

They're not any bigger on the hat than on the digital logo.

Having the nose of the jet going into the "notch" doesn't make it seem so out of place.

It doesn't go into the notch. It stops exactly at the edge of where the ring would be if there was no notch. Just like in the digital logo.

I know the true size on the actual logo is pretty much equal to the RCAF, but from a sports logo standpoint this looks much better.

It's the exact same logo, just embroidered.

And the two-toned colors of the leaf and jet look a lot better embroidered than they do in the graphics. Not as cliparty.

I don't think it looks "cliparty" anyway, but I definitely agree that the depth lent to the log through the embroidery makes it look really nice.

I personally like the blue on blue like the hat. I think if they use a lighter blue it will look pastey and awkward.

I couldn't disagree more:

jetsblue.jpg

Most indications are that the main body of the sweaters will be the lighter blue, and I think this shirt proves pretty well that the roundel looks really sharp on a field of it.

159444.jpg159444a.jpg

159443.jpg159443a.jpg

Velcro hat. Seems like the right place for a logo of that caliber.

Archived