Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wing logo will make a good shoulder patch, and I can't complain about the wordmark, but that roundel is a huuuuge miss.

The maple leaf just complicates things, and because it's so oddly-shaped and the way its hidden, it'll be hard to even tell what it is. The plane also gets lost within that needlessly thick blue ring. I am really disappointed in the primary logo.

I was actually strongly considering buying some Jets merch just to, ya know, support the team, but unless the jerseys blow me out of the water, I can definitely say that won't be happening now.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The only thing that really bugs me is you can't see any leaf under the nose of the plane. It just looks weird without it.

That doesn't bother me (clearly it was intentional to have the nose of the plane serve as the top point of the maple leaf), but what's starting to bother me is the white notch in the blue ring. What's the deal with that? The Wikipedia article says the logo was inspired by the roundels of the Royal Canadian Airforce, but those roundels don't have notches: They're full circles.

The only thing that really bugs me is you can't see any leaf under the nose of the plane. It just looks weird without it.

That doesn't bother me (clearly it was intentional to have the nose of the plane serve as the top point of the maple leaf), but what's starting to bother me is the white notch in the blue ring. What's the deal with that? The Wikipedia article says the logo was inspired by the roundels of the Royal Canadian Airforce, but those roundels don't have notches: They're full circles.

I know it was intentional. And that's my gripe. Combining the two elements doesn't work.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That doesn't bother me (clearly it was intentional to have the nose of the plain serve as the top point of the maple leaf), but what's starting to bother me is the white notch in the blue ring. What's the deal with that? The Wikipedia article says the logo was inspired by the roundels of the Royal Canadian Airforce, but those roundels don't have notches: They're full circles.

The notch is supposedly intended to point "True North", name of course of the ownership group.

Out of everybody that likes the set, I may be the only ins that doesn't like the script logo. Looks like some rash throw together in ms paint made around here.

I get the maple leaf for the roundel logo, but the others look forced to me. I don't get the whole "We're in Canada, we have to throw a maple leaf on everything" thinking lately.

The maple leaf isn't as widespread as you may think it is. Given the air force them they're going with, it works.

Ehhhh. I don't know. I give it a 7/10. It's simple but juuuuust a bit too simple. There's a fine line between being too complicated and being too simple. The Jets definatley played it conservative with this one. I wish there was something in the blue circle. A little something that wouldn't make it feel so empty. The bottom part of the leaf is sharp for some reason. I've never seen a maple leaf that looked so pointy. It's almost like a star you would put atop a Christmas tree. It also looks lost behind an even simpler jet.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I like the way this set looks. It's not great, but I'd put it in the top half of the league. I don't really get the problem with having a maple leaf in the logo. It's based of the RCAF roundel that has a maple leaf in it. And the only other team in the NHL with a maple leaf logo is the Leafs. It will be more important to see how they use the logos in their uniforms set though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I like it, except for the placement of the maple leaf on the wordmark. It looks like "Jet's," which is stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the RCAF-inspired primary. I'm not crazy about the blue. iIt could pop more. Nor do I like the word mark. But I really like the primary.

Anybody who REALLY, TRULY can't "see" the maple leaf in the primary is either a liar or an idiot.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived