Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blake Wheeler of the Jets posts pic of the team's new pants

Link via Icethetics

So they're using the alternate wordmark on the breezers, without the leaf. Good move.

Oooh. The first definitive appearance of the lighter blue on the uniforms! And the shells are dark blue, too! This gives me great hope that the sweaters will be mainly the lighter blue. *fingers crossed*

Prepare to be disappointed. </inigo_montoya>

Not that I know anything, but I'm betting that they'll use the navy.

If they're navy, that'll save me money for a year...until the thirds come out. If the thirds are inexplicably red, then I'll sport the navy proudly.

Blake Wheeler of the Jets posts pic of the team's new pants

Link via Icethetics

So they're using the alternate wordmark on the breezers, without the leaf. Good move.

Oooh. The first definitive appearance of the lighter blue on the uniforms! And the shells are dark blue, too! This gives me great hope that the sweaters will be mainly the lighter blue. *fingers crossed*

I'm hoping the same thing after seeing that picture. I think a light blue home uniform would look great. An all-navy set could still work, but I'd like to see some silver involved in the jerseys if they go that route.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The only reason I wouldn't want the Jets to use the light blue in their scheme is that I'm afraid it would step on Quebec's toes when they come back. Quebec City still owns light blue to me, even in a league where everyone else has it and they don't exist.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I had pretty much given up on it, but I was really hoping the Jets were going to come out with red pants with a white ring around the bottom of the leg, as a small nod to their past. I loved those pants. Thought they were the best in the league.

They were neat, and unique, but I appreciate True North wanting to distinguish this Jets team from the old Jets team as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to a double blue, silver, and white look with minimal red (confined to the leaves in the primary and secondary logos). There's room for a look like that, now that Pittsburgh and Florida have (presumably) dropped their alternates.

The red shorts made for too much red at home. Way too Rangery for a team once so Rangery that they wore actual Rangers sweaters. They should've gone with blue or white. Yeah, white.

I wish there was just a little bit of red in the striping, behind the silver, the other blue, and the white. I don't like it confined to the leaves, which are stupid anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The red shorts made for too much red at home. Way too Rangery for a team once so Rangery that they wore actual Rangers sweaters. They should've gone with blue or white. Yeah, white.

My old man memory fails me. Does anyone in the NHL wear white shells?

The Capitals did way back when. No one does currently.

white+pants.JPG

They were terrible then and they'd be terrible now.

The only thing this leak should tell us is that the light blue will definitely be one of the main colors. Whether it's the primary or the secondary, I'm not sure, but why would that wordmark officially be listed as the "secondary" wordmark if light blue is the primary color of the jersey?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

white+pants.JPG

They were terrible then and they'd be terrible now.

The only thing this leak should tell us is that the light blue will definitely be one of the main colors. Whether it's the primary or the secondary, I'm not sure, but why would that wordmark officially be listed as the "secondary" wordmark if light blue is the primary color of the jersey?

Don't forget these beauties.

1665hee_19.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

EA Sports' NHL 12 will ship without the new Jets unis. Apparently they just couldn't wait long enough to get them into the game.

The article doesn't say what the team will be wearing

instead before the first downloadable update, though I'm guessing they'll just use whatever working unis they have for the team.

I guess they could always give them the old Jets uniforms, but I'd think that be a little disingenuous.

They could guesstimate the new Jets uniforms. It wouldn't be the first time. The first EA NHL game to feature the Thrashers had them in maroon, and if I remember correctly they had the Senators wearing red in their first video game appearance.

I thought the first EA NHL game with the Thrashers (NHL 2000?) had the Thrashers in the correct white sweaters, but the road sweaters were navy blue with a white yolk/sleeves and the main logo....instead of the navy jersey with the maroon yolk/sleeves and the T-bird logo.

I don't think it would be.

I expect that we'll see the light blue in the form of striping or trim. Just a touch, as the breeders have just a touch.

I thought the first EA NHL game with the Thrashers (NHL 2000?) had the Thrashers in the correct white sweaters, but the road sweaters were navy blue with a white yolk/sleeves and the main logo....instead of the navy jersey with the maroon yolk/sleeves and the T-bird logo.

Yep...

2292-1-2.jpg

http://www.gamepro.com/screens/104228/nhl-2000/383705/

I don't think it would be.

I expect that we'll see the light blue in the form of striping or trim. Just a touch, as the breeders have just a touch.

You think they'd go one-color like Detroit or Vancouver rather than contrasting pants like Columbus, Montreal and the Rangers?

As I wrote the above, I looked up what the ratio was, and as of last year, 16 teams had pants the same color as the home uniform, and 14 had contrasting pants. I don't know if these pants tell us anything.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Because it's meant to be placed on a navy field, while the "primary" wordmark is meant to be placed on a lighter blue field? That's actually part of the logic behind my light blue jersey theory.

Those pants were exactly what I expected them to be, and as a result don't reveal much about the uniforms, other than strengthening the rumor of double blue uniforms. I would prefer that the Jets wear light blue jerseys, but I expect that they will go with navy blue jerseys.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I had pretty much given up on it, but I was really hoping the Jets were going to come out with red pants with a white ring around the bottom of the leg, as a small nod to their past. I loved those pants. Thought they were the best in the league.

They were neat, and unique, but I appreciate True North wanting to distinguish this Jets team from the old Jets team as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to a double blue, silver, and white look with minimal red (confined to the leaves in the primary and secondary logos). There's room for a look like that, now that Pittsburgh and Florida have (presumably) dropped their alternates.

Pittsburgh is keeping last season's WC uniform as their third this year. So not the same jersey, but still double blue.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived