Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those logos are dull and uninteresting.

Its bad enough they are reusing the "Jets" name (they are bringing back the name of a team that never won a playoff game past the first round of the playoffs??) but to come up with these dull logos is even more of a letdown.

The primary logo rips off the RCAF logo, and the secondary is too cluttered (hockey sticks, jet wings, maple leafs, wordmarks! ENOUGH!). Then there is the fact that every one of the logos (including the lame wordmark logo) has to hit us over the head with big red maple leafs. We get it. They are a Canadian team. Sometimes too much is too much.

8 tentacles down from me.

They dropped the ball with the name.

They dropped the ball with the logos.

Let's hope they at least can come up with some sharp looking jerseys.

The Catch of the Day!

Yeah it's simple and probably the most obvious alternative to the retro Jets logo but, I think in 5 years it will be well established.

I like it because it's a new logo with some heritage already built in. Give it a few years and I think a lot more people will like it than hate it.

Anyone know if the NHL will allow the pre-Coyotes Jets history to be merged with the new Jets like how the Cleveland Browns did it in the NFL?

The answer is no, but for more reference this recent story in the Winnipeg Free Press.

Statistically, no. But in terms of old jerseys/logos, the new Jets own all of that so they could very definitely have a throw back jersey. The Jets' Scott Brown has said that they won't retire Jets players numbers but they will honor them (which could lead to the old Jets banners hanging in the MTS Centre).

On the Jets's NHL web site they have the slogan "fueled by passion." The "by" looks an awful lot like the HP logo to me.

and "fuelled" is spelled wrong.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

On the Jets's NHL web site they have the slogan "fueled by passion." The "by" looks an awful lot like the HP logo to me.

No, it's spelled correctly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fuelled

It might be a Commonwealth/American difference in spelling, but it is correct.

No, it's spelled correctly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fuelled

It might be a Commonwealth/American difference in spelling, but it is correct.

Thats probably the difference.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This doesn't work for me. I think BrandNStudio said it better than I would on the last page, so I'll keep my criticism as simple as the logo: They should have just stuck a red jet in the middle of it and left the maple leaf out of it completely. It would have been simpler, but still inspired by the RCAF, with a better chance of being iconic. That beveled leaf just gets in the way everywhere. I think people want to love this - hence the several "it'll grow on you" posts - but I think they missed the mark.

P.S. The Blue Jays wear a red leaf on their black alt's sleeve and the Raptors had a TR with a leaf. Don't know if they still have it. And Calgary is NHL team No. 3 using the leaf, as stated in the other thread.

I get the maple leaf for the roundel logo, but the others look forced to me. I don't get the whole "We're in Canada, we have to throw a maple leaf on everything" thinking lately.

Exactly who's doing that? There are exactly one other team that use a maple leaf in their logo. None of the 8 teams use a maple leaf in the CFL. One, now two of 7 teams in the NHL use a maple leaf,(the other team of course being called the Maple Leafs...duh). The Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Raptors do not use maple leafs. So who is slapping a maple leaf on everything?

Ya they just slap the maple leaf randomly on their jerseys instead...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Calgary's use of the Canadian and Albertan flags is stupid for reasons unrelated to the use of leaves in Canadian hockey team identities. Much like how the Spokane Chiefs' use of the American flag is stupid for reasons unrelated to the use of American imagery in American hockey team identities.

Using an unaltered flag, whatever it may be, as a logo for your team is just cheap looking. Unless you're a national team, and even then....

I get the maple leaf for the roundel logo, but the others look forced to me. I don't get the whole "We're in Canada, we have to throw a maple leaf on everything" thinking lately.

Exactly who's doing that? There are exactly one other team that use a maple leaf in their logo. None of the 8 teams use a maple leaf in the CFL. One, now two of 7 teams in the NHL use a maple leaf,(the other team of course being called the Maple Leafs...duh). The Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Raptors do not use maple leafs. So who is slapping a maple leaf on everything?

No maple leaf on the Raptors' jerseys.

This doesn't work for me. I think BrandNStudio said it better than I would on the last page, so I'll keep my criticism as simple as the logo: They should have just stuck a red jet in the middle of it and left the maple leaf out of it completely. It would have been simpler, but still inspired by the RCAF, with a better chance of being iconic. That beveled leaf just gets in the way everywhere. I think people want to love this - hence the several "it'll grow on you" posts - but I think they missed the mark.

P.S. The Blue Jays wear a red leaf on their black alt's sleeve and the Raptors had a TR with a leaf. Don't know if they still have it. And Calgary is NHL team No. 3 using the leaf, as stated in the other thread.

I get the American angst over McDonalds of Canada adding a maple leaf to the golden arches or the Toronto Blue Jays throwing a maple leaf on their sleeves when it doesn't match anything else in the team's identity. But complaining about the use of the maple leaf in a logo package that's paying homage to the Royal Canadian Air Force? That seems silly. This is a case where the leaf isn't forced.

No maple leaf on the Raptors' jerseys.

There's on on the back of the black alternates, above the names. Unless there's a change I'm unaware of.

Logo set is the definition of "meh" to me. I do like the fact that the primary circle mark doesn't contain any useless text like "Winnipeg Jets hockey club" or some other obvious nonsense.

Not seeing the significance of the maple leaf in the second or tertiary mark. Sorry, you can't sell that one as belonging to the roundel. In the script logo it definitely detracts, as pointed out previously. But at least no one can forget what country they're from, and that's the important thing, right?

Not seeing the significance of the maple leaf in the second or tertiary mark.

205832_10150244781912466_61652252465_7746569_1752014_n.pngo_1badge10.jpg

In the script logo it definitely detracts, as pointed out previously.

Agreed, it detracts from the wordmark. If the website design is any indication (double blue and white), however, the leaf-less alternate wordmark will get more use anyway.

But at least no one can forget what country they're from, and that's the important thing, right?

Get new material. I'm not saying you have to sing O Canada! to high heaven, but come on. You play ice hockey. How peeved at all things Canadian can you be?

None of those three teams use a maple leaf as part of their primary logo.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Anyone know if the NHL will allow the pre-Coyotes Jets history to be merged with the new Jets like how the Cleveland Browns did it in the NFL?

The answer is no, but for more reference this recent story in the Winnipeg Free Press.

Well that kinda sucks!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The second logo looks much better without the leaf. That's my opinion, no google search picture or percentage calculation will change that.

And I have no issue with Canada, just lazy logo design (and sense of entitlement, but thats not this thread).

Also an issue with learning to type on this iPhone. Already had two posts in other topics just plain old disappear. Never had a touch screen keyboard before.

None of those three teams use a maple leaf as part of their primary logo.

And how does that makes a difference? They use them.

Archived