Winnipeg Jets Release Logo

OchentaYOcho88

Hell, they could keep the roundel as is and just enlarge the jet to be overlapping and extending past the roundel and it'd be 100x better than what they have now.

That's not a bad idea. In fact, I'd love to see what that would look like, if someone wants to try mocking it up. The roundel could be rid of that lousy "True North" white notch, and the jet itself would look like the compass's pointer. Would you keep the maple leaf, though...?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, they could keep the roundel as is and just enlarge the jet to be overlapping and extending past the roundel and it'd be 100x better than what they have now.

That's not a bad idea. In fact, I'd love to see what that would look like, if someone wants to try mocking it up. The roundel could be rid of that lousy "True North" white notch, and the jet itself would look like the compass's pointer. Would you keep the maple leaf, though...?

Yeah, I think that with the shape of the jet and the size of the leaf, you'd still be able to see some of the points come out from behind the jet. I definitely think there would still be enough there, especially if you just enlarged it enough to fill up that "True North" notch. Now, someone might have to know that there is supposed to be a leaf behind there, but I think it could work. And if you do lose the leaf beneath the jet, there are other ways to either get the leaf there, like on top of the jet in jkrdevil's concept, or add the red accents elsewhere (outline/motion lines on the jet perhaps?).

And yes, if someone wants to try and do that. I don't have the tools nor the focus right now to do that lol

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I really don't understand why people get all up and arms over this when generally people wank themselves over these logos:

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

they are about simple and clip artish as you are going to get.

and this wasn't that much better:

dhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8h0.gif

give the jets logo a chance.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really don't understand why people get all up and arms over this when generally people wank themselves over these logos:

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.gif

i40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

they are about simple and clip artish as you are going to get.

and this wasn't that much better:

dhhc15gfgtog1qo5b5uwpz8h0.gif

give the jets logo a chance.

What makes it seem just a bit too clipartish for me us the jet being 2 different grays outlined in the darker gray and the same with the leaf in 2 different reds outlined in the darker red. If both were maybe outlined in navy with the shaded areas maybe navy, maybe the darker hues, then it would probably look better. I think it's a fine logo just seems a little "unfinished" I guess. I know it was a quick turnaround, but some of these things could've been improved in less than 10 minutes.

I like them. I can't say their absolutely astounding, but I think they work.

Two things I noticed:

1. The bottom two points on the maple leaf just above or before the stem-point are pointing in a different direction on the primary logo than they are on the secondary logo and wordmark.

2. While I do think it works asthetically, I can't help but think that the white arrow pointing straight up at the top of the blue circle is supposed to resemble a compass pointing to True North, a not-so-subtle reference to the company that resurrected the team.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

On the Jets's NHL web site they have the slogan "fueled by passion." The "by" looks an awful lot like the HP logo to me.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw that.

...is "fuelled" right? It looks...somehow wrong. "Fueled" I think would be more logical, if not outright correct.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On the Jets's NHL web site they have the slogan "fueled by passion." The "by" looks an awful lot like the HP logo to me.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw that.

...is "fuelled" right? It looks...somehow wrong. "Fueled" I think would be more logical, if not outright correct.

Canadian spelling.

I like the new Jets logo. It's not too simple, not too complex. The only thing I don't like about the new logo set is the maple leaf in the Jets wordmark, making it look like an apostrophe. If they wanted to include a maple leaf in the wordmark, either tuck it behind the J or the s, or in the open area of the J.

believew.jpg

I like them. I can't say their absolutely astounding, but I think they work.

Two things I noticed:

1. The bottom two points on the maple leaf just above or before the stem-point are pointing in a different direction on the primary logo than they are on the secondary logo and wordmark.

2. While I do think it works asthetically, I can't help but think that the white arrow pointing straight up at the top of the blue circle is supposed to resemble a compass pointing to True North, a not-so-subtle reference to the company that resurrected the team.

It's not supposed to be subtle at all. It's 100% the entire point of having it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It seems according to the branding guide that the logo was designed by reebok... I feel like the timetable (and reebok) probably forced true north's hand into using their in-house team instead of an outside graphic design agency like the Moose probablt did. The result is a safe albeit less-than-exciting logo that i feel will be nothing more than a holdover for a couple years. Maybe its wishful thinking but I just want something more for this franchise

It seems according to the branding guide that the logo was designed by reebok... I feel like the timetable (and reebok) probably forced true north's hand into using their in-house team instead of an outside graphic design agency like the Moose probablt did. The result is a safe albeit less-than-exciting logo that i feel will be nothing more than a holdover for a couple years. Maybe its wishful thinking but I just want something more for this franchise

If you mean fan contest for third jersey won by a CCSLC member, sure! :P

6fQjS3M.png

Aside from the forced inclusion of the maple leaf, my big complaint about the logo is the angle of the plane. Wouldn't a jet stall out if it were flying straight up like that? Is that really the image a team that just moved to a new city wants to convey with their logo?

Aside from the forced inclusion of the maple leaf, my big complaint about the logo is the angle of the plane. Wouldn't a jet stall out if it were flying straight up like that? Is that really the image a team that just moved to a new city wants to convey with their logo?

As has been stated before, the inclusion of the maple leaf isn't forced.

39300488_125x125.pngcps%20wings%20cropped.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

Perhaps it's flying level and you're looking at it from above. And if you've ever been to an airshow you'll almost always see fighter jets performing vertical climbs.

zzPEfBm.png

It's not shown to be in motion. It's a simple object logo.

I know what they were going for, but they still pulled it off terribly. It really looks like they threw 3 elements together and called it a logo. Honestly, I prefer the old one more. I never cared for it, but an updated look should've been the way to go. It just all looks like clip art.

Archived